Bluebird

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Bluebird

I like Bluebird
92%
I don't like Bluebird
8%

Total votes: 218

Jesscass

Re: Bluebird

Post by Jesscass »

This week:

Those books are back again showing samples of wiet and hasj - if you like your stuff flattened :lol: (never really understood those coffeeshopes having samples on display - there were a few in the past - as I mostly judge by my nose).

Short haired woman I was never served by before let me have a look at 'Amnesia Pollen'(sp, nice moroccan!, not 100%sure but I think they give you 1,2g for 12,50€)and I went for

'Cheese Pollen'(moroccan, 1g/12,50€).

So to cut a very long story relatively short(big sucker for Cheese here - so quite biased beware!- and had a steady supply of Cheese and Blue Cheese homegrown from Big Buddha Seeds)but I'm quite impressed with that one here :D . Really had this Cheese funk to it :mrgreen: ! Nomen est omen!
Consistency was indeed a soft 'pollen' like that 'Amnesia Pollen' from 1eHulp but deserved its name tag! Especially since I had moroccan hash supposed to be made from Cheese in the past from Bushdocter(1g/25€)and Dizzy Duck(1g/15€, personal fave!)/The Hague which were not even remotely smelling like the strain just some random foreign genetics with high quality but this thing here despite not being outstanding(this would be identical smell and pureness) is still nice quality having this hint of Cheese, a personal winner!
Can we agree on it smelled like cheese, can we :twisted: :lol: ?!
Bonged all of it down in the following ten minutes but unfortunately it didn't do much for me although I even managed not to smoke this very day before boarding so this was my very first puff on that day. This is most probably down to my too high tolerance though(a couple of days off and lots of smoke/edibles before) so no problem with the gear(bit pricy perhaps). To be fair again nothing else got me really high that trip.

So happy I made this my first stop and had a look again. Nice surprise. Things always seem to happen when you least expect them :mrgreen: Best purchase of that trip and alone worth the trip! Landraces and foreign genetics are still cut both ways! We'll see what comes up next!

macky

Post by macky »

Jesscass wrote:This week:

Those books are back again showing samples of wiet and hasj - if you like your stuff flattened :lol: (never really understood those coffeeshopes having samples on display - there were a few in the past - as I mostly judge by my nose).

Short haired woman I was never served by before let me have a look at 'Amnesia Pollen'(sp, nice moroccan!, not 100%sure but I think they give you 1,2g for 12,50€)and I went for

So to cut a very long story relatively short(big sucker for Cheese here - so quite biased beware!- and had a steady supply of Cheese and Blue Cheese homegrown from Big Buddha Seeds)but I'm quite impressed with that one here :D . Really had this Cheese funk to it :mrgreen: ! Nomen est omen!
Consistency was indeed a soft 'pollen' like that 'Amnesia Pollen' from 1eHulp but deserved its name tag! Especially since I had moroccan hash supposed to be made from Cheese in the past from Bushdocter(1g/25€)and Dizzy Duck(1g/15€, personal fave!)/The Hague which were not even remotely smelling like the strain just some random foreign genetics with high quality but this thing here despite not being outstanding(this would be identical smell and pureness) is still nice quality having this hint of Cheese, a personal winner!
Bonged all of it down in the following ten minutes but unfortunately it didn't do much for me although I even managed not to smoke this very day before boarding so this was my very first puff on that day. This is most probably down to my too high tolerance though(a couple of days off and lots of smoke/edibles before) so no problem with the gear(bit pricy perhaps). To be fair again nothing else got me really high that trip.

So happy I made this my first stop and had a look again. Nice surprise. Things always seem to happen when you least expect them :mrgreen: Best purchase of that trip and alone worth the trip! Landraces and foreign genetics are still cut both ways! We'll see what comes up next!
What no WPA? I assure you if you buy charrs from spirit or triple Zero from Barney,s ,you will catch a wap :)
Supervaporizerman

Post by Supervaporizerman »

Had a trip off from Bluebird last time out, but on my visit in early May I made a happy return.

Some Lime was a good Sativa, good clean citrus taste, nice hit I though 7/10, also a decent if not exceptional cure. Good Sativa high, buzz length <1.5 hrs but none the poorer for it, allowing the scope to move onto other experiences with zero burnout.

Can't comment on the smoke as I only smoke the occasional pure spliff nowadays but in one of the house Volcanos it was pretty fine I must say.

Bluebird is the place for hash though. 1 good hash whose name escapes me but 2 exceptional ones.

Chemdog Ice - 9/10 - loily squidgy goodness. Lovely hash, lovely dieselly taste, super high, pure as you like. Long buzz length, held in for a good 2 hours but prepared the ground perfectly for......

Sputnik - 9.5/10 - this my friends is the dog's bolerics. Sativa in the main but with a decent dose of relaxation and a kind of Trans-Himalayan 'out there' transcendental kind of cerebral super-high. Despite my new Crafty vape I have to confess I can't recall the taste but was very smooth. The high takes over soooo quickly - and as the name suggests you feel like you have been blasted into outer space. Truly my favourite hash of the last 5 visits. Should have gone for more of this instead of proceeding to De Graal's lemon kush ice, which although also very good proved a step too far :twisted: :D :oops:
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Last week during my stay in The Hague I had a side-trip here:

Short haired woman, who is also a fan of that hash, from last time again sold me some Cheese Pollen. She thinks it reminded her more of Blue Cheese and I can see why and agree. Even a bit better than last time when it comes to taste and smell but now you only get 0,8g for 12,50€ instead of 1g before. I asked why but forgot about the lame reason(of course this is all due my propaganda here :lol: )but Greenhouse hadn't listed it anymore so this could at least be one influence :mrgreen: . Either way get it if you have the chance!
macky wrote:
Jesscass wrote:This week:

What no WPA? I assure you if you buy charrs from spirit or triple Zero from Barney,s ,you will catch a wap :)
Water Pressed Afghan is still available. Cheers for your recommendation, Macky, just take a look at my post on the previous page and my experience with it. I'm good thanks but each to their own! Funny you mention that charras from Spirit as we talked about it recently in an other thread :lol: .
I can too assure you - even without having tested it :mrgreen: - it's just not my type of hash! Triple X from Barneys on the other side would be worth a try wouldn't that be so fucking overpriced at Barneys(I remember when it was first introduced it was like 35€/g for a moroccan imported hashish! Fuck that!)
macky

Post by macky »

@jesscass yes the triple x is pricey ,smoked some with Treetop in his mini [caused a moment of mass confusion]. When in rome why not? It,s only money :) The charrs from spirit is 25 a gram ,In my opinion it,s the real deal. Gave chunk to Gapie at Bleaks 420 T+T Rushlands. He spun it out in long sausage some went in the joint and some on top of the joint, Take a toke ..take hit of hash burning on top of joint repeat :lol: I did smoke more Morrocon hash this trip,found most very pleasant. The WPA for 12 euro,s is one of the must doe,s.. :mrgreen:
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

macky wrote:@jesscass yes the triple x is pricey ,smoked some with Treetop in his mini [caused a moment of mass confusion]. When in rome why not? It,s only money :) The charrs from spirit is 25 a gram ,In my opinion it,s the real deal. Gave chunk to Gapie at Bleaks 420 T+T Rushlands. He spun it out in long sausage some went in the joint and some on top of the joint, Take a toke ..take hit of hash burning on top of joint repeat :lol: I did smoke more Morrocon hash this trip,found most very pleasant. The WPA for 12 euro,s is one of the must doe,s.. :mrgreen:
This is my philosophy as well so call it supreme contempt then. Those prices(+Greenhouse)are insane and I've got a feel it won't get better when legalized one day(after the end of the world).

Apart from that moroccan or asian hashish is just again a matter of taste. Nice you guys enjoyed your smoke but please don't roll sausages of hash as crumbled one burns so much better(I can't explain why though). Lesson of the day :mrgreen: :wink: !
gettingrimey

Post by gettingrimey »

Increased surface area
I be chillin on the beach in the South of Venice
Or merking the President live on Channel 7
macky

Post by macky »

I,m crumble ,sausage and weed type of guy :shock: As for pricing and legalization. All I can tell you is since the government made getting your prescription easier here the price has dropped e.g. can get one pound of out door Krinkle for 1000 Cad, dollars. Smaller buds but not a bad smoke. @jeescass hope some day to sit and smoke some hash with you down the road. If you get a chance 420 good for a laugh.
Supervaporizerman

Post by Supervaporizerman »

Was there again propping up the bar at the front and one of their Volcanoes end of last week.

Ditto on Lime, Chem Dog Ice and Sputnik from trip last month. That's a good sign, quality pretty consistent but I do find that more often than not in Bluebird. Lime maybe marginally less fresh but no poorer for it, still 7/10.

Chem Dog Ice, lovely when you can get it out the bag, super sticky and not great to work with in the 29 degree heat last Friday. In an attempt to pull the two halves of the bag apart I nearly sent it flying over the crevasse at the front of Bluebird accompanied by my coffee. If you've sat on the upper deck you'll know what I mean..... gear, grinders and on one horrible occasion an IPad have been caught in the nick of time. Happily once I managed to extract it from the bag it was all good..... :mrgreen:

First shot at WPA, very good I thought. Some queries above about how potent it is. Based on previous comments and my usual penchant for more sativa-based hash I thought it would knock my head off but it doesn't quite work like that. Admittedly late into the evening but I found it really relaxing, sleepy yes, but took a little time to come on. Great night's sleep and woke up feeling fresh. Very smooth in the vape too I thought.

Best kept in the fridge though, same as the Chemdog.

Sputnik was the best again, now that is more of a high but that does knock your block off. No such handling problems.

For the record - WPA 8.75/10, Sputnik 9.5/10, Chem Dog Ice 9/10. Best hash of this trip and last. WPA is great but had to knock .25 off for an apparent slight lack of purity. As someone commented above would be good to see it under a microscope. Nothing bad though, it's a smooth smoke and a smooth hit.
macky

Post by macky »

WPA 8.75/10 He He 8)
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Last edited by kingbee on Fri 3rd Jan 2020 08:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

@Jesscass

I just picked up some "Cheese Pollen" from Bluebird today (0.8 g for 10 euros), you are quite correct in that it smells identical to the cheese-strains (namely blue cheese or exodus cheese, which oddly enough don't smell like actual dairy-cheese at all, but rather berry-fruits).

Review

Cheese Pollen

Appearance (9/10): soft fudgy, sticks to the walls of the bag, leaving sticky hashy skid marks of dankness on the bag in thick residue. As Jesscass said, similar in consistency to a lot of the pollen strains from 1e. Also somewhat reminds (in terms of consistency) of the Noor 2000 from 2e Kamer.

Smell (11/10): sorry for the overrate, but wow, as Jesscass said, smell identical to any of the standard, well-grown cheese strains. A pungent punch of sweet, cheesy goodness, (aka blueberries) right to the face. Arguably as pungent (perhaps even more) than actual cheese-strain nugs, which for hash is certainly impressive as it tends not to have the same reek factor that high-grade flowers do.

Taste (8/10): honestly, like any quality moroccan, the taste is perhaps the only indicator of credibility that this is in fact grown in the Maghreb, taste like any top-shelf moroccan, with a subtle carry over of its smell from its parent strain; actually a bit disappointing on that note, as I hoped it would match the nearly identical cheese smell (compared with nugs), and carry over into the flavor of the smoke. However, I'll load a few more bowls, and see if my palate wasn't as 'tuned-in' earlier.

Effect (9/10): Like its parent-strain, it packs a potent indica-buzz, a fast acting and heavy, but comfortably numbing and sedative stone.

Value (7.5/10): at roughly 15.60 euros per gram (like most of Bluebirds other top-shelf import hashes, i.e. AWP) it's certainly not a cheap hash, but the uncanny resemblance of its bouquet to actual cheese nugs, alone makes it worth checking out. Additionally, potency wise it is on par with the the AWP, which cost the same, so if you consider that to be a good enough value, then this is right there with it.

Composite Score: 9/10, Top-shelf shit
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

DeLeuksteNUGS16 wrote:@Jesscass

I just picked up some "Cheese Pollen" from Bluebird today (0.8 g for 10 euros), you are quite correct in that it smells identical to the cheese-strains (namely blue cheese or exodus cheese, which oddly enough don't smell like actual dairy-cheese at all, but rather berry-fruits).

Review

Cheese Pollen

Appearance (9/10): soft fudgy, sticks to the walls of the bag, leaving sticky hashy skid marks of dankness on the bag in thick residue. As Jesscass said, similar in consistency to a lot of the pollen strains from 1e. Also somewhat reminds (in terms of consistency) of the Noor 2000 from 2e Kamer.

Smell (11/10): sorry for the overrate, but wow, as Jesscass said, smell identical to any of the standard, well-grown cheese strains. A pungent punch of sweet, cheesy goodness, (aka blueberries) right to the face. Arguably as pungent (perhaps even more) than actual cheese-strain nugs, which for hash is certainly impressive as it tends not to have the same reek factor that high-grade flowers do.

Taste (8/10): honestly, like any quality moroccan, the taste is perhaps the only indicator of credibility that this is in fact grown in the Maghreb, taste like any top-shelf moroccan, with a subtle carry over of its smell from its parent strain; actually a bit disappointing on that note, as I hoped it would match the nearly identical cheese smell (compared with nugs), and carry over into the flavor of the smoke. However, I'll load a few more bowls, and see if my palate wasn't as 'tuned-in' earlier.

Effect (9/10): Like its parent-strain, it packs a potent indica-buzz, a fast acting and heavy, but comfortably numbing and sedative stone.

Value (7.5/10): at roughly 15.60 euros per gram (like most of Bluebirds other top-shelf import hashes, i.e. AWP) it's certainly not a cheap hash, but the uncanny resemblance of its bouquet to actual cheese nugs, alone makes it worth checking out. Additionally, potency wise it is on par with the the AWP, which cost the same, so if you consider that to be a good enough value, then this is right there with it.

Composite Score: 9/10, Top-shelf shit
Nice review. Enjoyed that.
skunky420

Post by skunky420 »

Thanks for the review any chance to get some pics of this cheese pollen?
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

@DeLeuksteNUGS16

Finally someone else on here tried that Cheese Pollen :) . For the record I haven't said identical when it comes to smell of Cheese strains but very similar(nonetheless I can see why you compare it with current cheese strains on offer in coffeeshops as their smell is on average weak). At least a lot more similar than a so called 'Amnesia Cream' compared to Amnesia strains.
Thanks for your review!