Coffeeshop Amsterdam (formerly Dampkring 2 and Pink Floyd)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Pink Floyd - Dampkring 2

I like Pink Floyd - Dampkring 2
86%
I don't like Pink Floyd - Dampkring 2
14%

Total votes: 251

Lemming
Site Admin

Coffeeshop Amsterdam (formerly Dampkring 2 and Pink Floyd)

Post by Lemming »

Please vote in the poll and click on PostReply to add a comment.

ACD page: Coffeeshop Amsterdam
Last edited by Lemming on Wed 20th Aug 2008 06:07 pm, edited 7 times in total.

lctricity

Post by lctricity »

Perhaps I'll live to regret my dis-recommendation for this place, but last time I was there I grabbed a couple of pre-rolls, which were 95% tobacco, and the service was shite!

I had always read cool things about the main budtender here, but he didn't live up to the reports in my case. He acted as though he couldn't be bothered to wait on us. What-the-fuck-ever dude! There are too many other shops to enjoy than to put up with this bullshit "I don't wait on customers and I could care less for your business" attitude.

Perhaps I'll try some of the 7 Seconds or Umma Gumma Hash next time 'round but by all accounts my first experience here was not a great one.

That said the shop itself has a nice layout and would be a good place to hang and smoke gear from other establishments. Good food and Internet too.
Valo

Post by Valo »

One of my favorite coffee shops and always reliable for good quality weed too. I found the staff very friendly especially one bud seller who recognised me from a previous visit.

Sells very good food, I can also recommend the special tea and special cake :D
~ Is that a grinder in your pocket? ~
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

nice place to smoke, chill, and get online!

BlueBerry
Boner

Post by Boner »

Nope I dont like PF - I love PF its got to be my favourite coffeeshop in the whole of Amsterdam - tip: try the 7 seconds!
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
Stargirl

Post by Stargirl »

The guy here is really nice!! I went there in January (had been before though) and whilst there requested that they actually play some Floyd (Eric Clapton was playing the previous time). He obliged happily, put on "Animals" sold me some top gear in lovely pink ganja bags and was chatty. The thing I remember most about the place is the menu states that it sells weed named "Top Tits"!!! Sadly it was a typo, but I have bought the stuff twice anyway.
Boner

Post by Boner »

Stargirl wrote:The guy here is really nice!! I went there in January (had been before though) and whilst there requested that they actually play some Floyd (Eric Clapton was playing the previous time). He obliged happily, put on "Animals" sold me some top gear in lovely pink ganja bags and was chatty. The thing I remember most about the place is the menu states that it sells weed named "Top Tits"!!! Sadly it was a typo, but I have bought the stuff twice anyway.
'Top Tits' isn't a typo I've brought and smoked some!
timbo

Pink Floyd rules

Post by timbo »

Hey guys I love this place. Go there every time with my smoking buddy valo, their top stuff is brilliant each time super silver haze/sensi star. Weedtenders coffee staff always friendly to me, and were normally in there for a good few hours. Richard the bar tender is the one I've found the friendliest, he showed me how to back roll( still cant do it, as was wasted when he showed me) and had a few tokes. Their food and drinks are simple but good and they dont seem to mind if you order a toastie every half hour which it felt like I was doing. ps richard couldnt believe valo hit eleven bongs in two hours, neither could I
Clothehouse is all u need when u got love. Woodstock 69!
Paco

Post by Paco »

All the people there are very very friendly wioth a lot of time to help you.The dealer was nice too.He highly recommended us the mothers finest which was a blast for your mind.Nice high for body.
claudandus

Post by claudandus »

i,m right now at the pink floyds

and i definetely like it more by the minute :D

surely a very relaxed shop :P

a 9.99/10

(it can't get a 10 coz a 10 is my own living room :twisted: :wink: )
Owner of Karina IRC-Bot and #Coffeeshop@P2P-NET
Boner

Post by Boner »

claudandus wrote:i,m right now at the pink floyds

and i definetely like it more by the minute :D

surely a very relaxed shop :P

a 9.99/10

(it can't get a 10 coz a 10 is my own living room :twisted: :wink: )
So what are you smoking? Something tasty I bet!
lk ultra

Post by lk ultra »

Last time I was in town I didn't manage to try any of the weed but I did pick up a couple of different hashes - Ummagumma and First Cream.

Ummagumma's become a bit of a classic over the past few years and it's soooo easy to see why. If you like a bit of morrocan hash this stuff is excellent....clean, tasty, dreamy....perfect for a chilled morning wandering the canals and streets of the Jordaan.

The First Cream was absolutely beautiful, too - squidgy, spicy, oily and pungent. Definitely one for the charas / parvatti fans.

Great unpretentious shop with cracking service in a nice part of town.
a virus with shoes
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Great place. Went in Monday afternoon and bought a gram of Mother's Finest. Gear is in a enclosed box, push a button and the product is lite up. Budtender was a super guy. Got a couple of drinks and went upstairs and relaxed.
If you never do, you'll never know.
KevLovesTheDam

Post by KevLovesTheDam »

Two words: Mothers Finest

Umma Gumma was hands down my favorite coffeeshop in Amsterdam. The layout is diesel. We spent most of our time up on the third floor...a great place to hang out, but damn those tiny european stairs are tricky after sitting up there with a bag of mothers finest for a few hours.

The staff was always super friendly! Umma Gumma is exactly what you would expect from a pink floyd coffeeshop.
Drugsbunny

Post by Drugsbunny »

A great place for all reasons apart from their space cake is rubbish.

Happy vibe and staff who are helpful and polite the food is great as is the mother finest.

Although the shop gets a little cold with the door being left open alot, you can go and find some warmth in there.

They have internet at 2 euros per hour which is always handy when you have your coffeeshop at home

!doh