Coffeeshop Amsterdam (formerly Dampkring 2 and Pink Floyd)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Pink Floyd - Dampkring 2

I like Pink Floyd - Dampkring 2
86%
I don't like Pink Floyd - Dampkring 2
14%

Total votes: 251

Itachi

Re: Dampkring 2 (formerly Pink Floyd)

Post by Itachi »

I bought some nepal cream there three year's ago and it was a realy nice quality, I will buy some hash at dampkring2 next week for sure. :D

BackInDam

Post by BackInDam »

Itachi wrote:I bought some nepal cream there three year's ago and it was a realy nice quality, I will buy some hash at dampkring2 next week for sure. :D
most people advice noor 2000 from there. Kadinsky is also a 5 minute walk from there, they have awesome himalayan hashes. much better than dampkrings hash.
Itachi

Post by Itachi »

BackInDam wrote:
Itachi wrote:I bought some nepal cream there three year's ago and it was a realy nice quality, I will buy some hash at dampkring2 next week for sure. :D
most people advice noor 2000 from there. Kadinsky is also a 5 minute walk from there, they have awesome himalayan hashes. much better than dampkrings hash.
Thanks for the advice, will try their himalayan hash for sure. 8)
MrNice257

Post by MrNice257 »

Last time i was there i bought SSH 11€ and my friend bought kryptonite 10€ both was shit :evil: The kryptonite taste like plastic and the SSH had no taste :cry: It's too commercial!
HisDudeness

Post by HisDudeness »

Went in here late last night as not many other places open after 11.30pm round here worth going into.

Very poor experience, the dealers in here really have a chip on their shoulder about something and their constant 'gangsta' posturing is just pathetic. One of the shit-heads tried to rip me off too with the change, but I spotted it and told him to put it right - he just said he was tired but I know their game.

Such a shame that this place goes by the name 'Dampkring' when the experience and service couldn't be further from the original coffeeshop. Wouldn't go back again to this one even if it's the only place open in town.
Mind If I Do a J?
thompaw

Post by thompaw »

MrNice257 wrote:One of the shit-heads tried to rip me off too with the change, but I spotted it and told him to put it right - he just said he was tired but I know their game.
That's too bad. I had a welcoming experience there late one night a few years ago. I was directed to some very nice hash. I returned to this shop at the end of the trip in part because of the hospitality.
There must have been a door there in the wall when I came in.
Supervaporizerman

Post by Supervaporizerman »

Hey yes sorry to hear that.

The guys in Dampkring 2 were a bit quieter than those in the Original Dampkring but friendly enough. It was a really hot day though and I was running out of juice when I got there.

Not sure when you last went @HisDudeness but may be worth another try.

For friendly BTs and Dampkring style menu (albeit ownership has changed so these shops aren't all part of the same chain) I would really recomment Tweede Kamer. Had a good rep going in there.

Cheers
Supervaporizerman

Post by Supervaporizerman »

Ok sorry I see you said it was this week. Oh well. Different days different BTs I guess, it was ok for me.

Bit of a bummer so late at night. You just want to chill really at that point don't you...
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Just to counteract all the negativity – I'd never been in here, but I saw from the menus that they had the same King Hassan for €6 a g that Tweede Kamer has. It's so popular there that every time I've gone for it, I've had to wait for a bit for it to be restocked or come back later. In Dampkring 2 there were just crumbs left in the tub, but the budtender produced some fresh stock with a flourish. I'm looking forward to going back there...
ic0nic

Post by ic0nic »

Not my favourite coffeeshop, but it was busy so it must have some kind of appeal to some people. Had a coffee and bought a bag of Silver Haze. Did the trick, sat upstairs but didn't stay for very long. The budtender seemed a bit short with me when I was asking about some of the different strains - one word answers and that, but to be honest I'm probably just one naive foreigner in a very busy shop. Very indifferent about this place.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

I spoke too soon. Went back for a 5g deal, which came to 4.99 on the scale. Couldn't be bothered to point out 0.01g, but that's not the point – it's the ultimate sin, and leaves a sour taste. Had considered staying for a coffee, but went to Siberië instead.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

They have a new hash on the menu called "C3 Pioneer Bloc" (8,50€/g). At first I didn´t notice that it´s a new hash... because I thought it´s their usual Pioneer Bloc hash from the past... it´s unbeliveable sticky black hash. They sell it in baking paper because it´s so sticky... when the Dealer gave it to me I asked him if that is really the hash I ordered :lol:

I am not sure what it is :roll: I think it´s more a concentrate than a hash. The colour is really black (like Nepal and so on) and when heated by flame it become to oil very fast (but also bubbles like crazy). I never saw "hash" like that for around 8€/g... the smell/taste is pretty unique, too. It reminds me a little bit of black hash like Black Bombay at first... very spicy...

There is no black smoke when heating the hash... the smell is a bit strange but clean I would say. It would be really interesting for me to know what other people thinking of that hash... because I am not sure about it. So come to Amsterdam guys and try the C3 Pioneer Bloc :lol: :mrgreen:
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Hey Marok,

I'm your feet on the ground here, reporting for duty! :mrgreen:

So would you say your view of it is currently positive and negative, and how do you rate the potency compared with other top grade (12-16 euro) hashes?

Definitely will go take a look!
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Marok21 wrote: "C3 Pioneer Bloc" (8,50€/g).[...] So come to Amsterdam guys and try the C3 Pioneer Bloc :lol: :mrgreen:
Another one for the list then it seems, oh my :twisted: :lol: ! I will and report back, aye-aye, sir :mrgreen: !
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Marok21 wrote:They have a new hash on the menu called "C3 Pioneer Bloc" (8,50€/g). At first I didn´t notice that it´s a new hash... because I thought it´s their usual Pioneer Bloc hash from the past... it´s unbeliveable sticky black hash. They sell it in baking paper because it´s so sticky... when the Dealer gave it to me I asked him if that is really the hash I ordered :lol:

I am not sure what it is :roll: I think it´s more a concentrate than a hash. The colour is really black (like Nepal and so on) and when heated by flame it become to oil very fast (but also bubbles like crazy). I never saw "hash" like that for around 8€/g... the smell/taste is pretty unique, too. It reminds me a little bit of black hash like Black Bombay at first... very spicy...

There is no black smoke when heating the hash... the smell is a bit strange but clean I would say. It would be really interesting for me to know what other people thinking of that hash... because I am not sure about it. So come to Amsterdam guys and try the C3 Pioneer Bloc :lol: :mrgreen:
Soz a bit off topic...

I read this and reminded me of a Nepalese cream that was around the dam 2 years before they changed to euro currency. A few shops had it and if you was unlucky to get it in a Baggie then little hope of peeling it off, it use to just go like liquid in a warmish room, crazy stuff.