Green Place 2 (formerly Picasso and Amsterdamned)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Picasso

I like Picasso
90%
I don't like Picasso
10%

Total votes: 69

titus wong

Post by titus wong »

jamesor2 wrote:the whole 'free breakfast if you buy a tenors worth' has tempted me a lot. Im not an aficionado so I dont judge a coffeeshop solely by its weeds and hashes. Basically, as im backpacking, is this a good place to hang out in the evenings or just a place to come and grab a breakfast + smoke?
Depends on what yer looking for I guess. I have a soft spot for Picasso as it's a cozy, unpretentious cs with a dedicated local following on a street lined with glitzy, corporate chains. Despite their high visibility location on glamorous Haarlemmerstraat, they keep their prices low and toss in a free breakfast to boot. Add a stellar view of the street traffic out the window and yer set.

Sure the breakfast is underwhelming and the whole place could do with a remodel. Despite these shortcomings, there's a constant flow of locals coming through the door for a buy 'n fly and it's fun to listen in on their conversations even though I don't understand the language. As I typically pop in for the minimal breakfast, I'm there in the mornings when it's nice and quiet, enjoying my morning smoke with a cup of coffee. Hope that helps.

Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Boner

Post by Boner »

titus wong wrote:
jamesor2 wrote:the whole 'free breakfast if you buy a tenors worth' has tempted me a lot. Im not an aficionado so I dont judge a coffeeshop solely by its weeds and hashes. Basically, as im backpacking, is this a good place to hang out in the evenings or just a place to come and grab a breakfast + smoke?
Depends on what yer looking for I guess. I have a soft spot for Picasso as it's a cozy, unpretentious cs with a dedicated local following on a street lined with glitzy, corporate chains. Despite their high visibility location on glamorous Haarlemmerstraat, they keep their prices low and toss in a free breakfast to boot. Add a stellar view of the street traffic out the window and yer set.

Sure the breakfast is underwhelming and the whole place could do with a remodel. Despite these shortcomings, there's a constant flow of locals coming through the door for a buy 'n fly and it's fun to listen in on their conversations even though I don't understand the language. As I typically pop in for the minimal breakfast, I'm there in the mornings when it's nice and quiet, enjoying my morning smoke with a cup of coffee. Hope that helps.
Very well put Titus, it made me miss the shop.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
bavlondon

Post by bavlondon »

We went passed it a few times. The first time we were on that street we went Dampkring 2 first then hit Popeye across the road. After that we were too hammered to stop in another one so went to go chill someplace else. I think that happened the 2nd time too.
darkglobe

Post by darkglobe »

They close at 20:00 except Fri/Sat at 24:00...more a daytime Cafe really
"That cats something i can't explain"
mattstar

Post by mattstar »

bought 2g of cheese wicked smoke same guy been in there since i 1st went 6 yrs ago.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Purchased the Pablo Special 5.50e 1g - this is a nice smoke for the cash, gives you a nice little buzz, and for the money you can't complain.
Would purchase again for this price :D
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
titus wong

Post by titus wong »

STENMAN wrote:Purchased the Pablo Special 5.50e 1g - this is a nice smoke for the cash, gives you a nice little buzz, and for the money you can't complain.
Would purchase again for this price :D
Can't wait to hear all the gory details!
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
ysmugu

Post by ysmugu »

For some reason i have never been in even though i must have walked past hundreds of times over last few years, have to drag myself in one day.
Badfrog

Post by Badfrog »

It is a great little shop, with a very friendly budtender. My last two times in the city,I made it my first stop in the mornings. The first time by accident,every time else because I really like the shop. Pick up a couple of ham and cheese toasties two doors down then head to Picasso's front window seat with a looza, some of their weed,and enjoy a joint with the toasties while early morning people watching.
Dr Greenshed

Post by Dr Greenshed »

was in two days ago the budtender was so friendly great service great weed i had the Amnesia Haze 09.g for 10e not bad at all nice smooth clean high
cheers
doc
Chief weed tester @my house
twisty

Re: Picasso

Post by twisty »

I liked picasso a lot, the weed is great
Smokey McPot

Post by Smokey McPot »

I agree with the previous comments about Picasso
Excellent shop to chill in like, friendly, interesting surroundings with good bud at fair prices

my first and last cs in the dam every trip since we lost the floyd
If carlsburg made weed it would be northern lights 5x
Vim Fuego

Post by Vim Fuego »

I remember this place when they had two shops opposite each other, one selling weed and the other hash. Havent
been in a while, will have to stop off next week and see what its like now.
Wooley's gone ape-shit, man!
sellvegas

Post by sellvegas »

i believe this is the shop ive walked past a TON of times as well - do they have something on the storefront mentioning free breakfast -

anyone know the details on how to get the free breakfast and what it includes - any free food is at least tempting in amsterdam when u pay for food and sometimes it doesnt taste that great at least this way you wont be losing out on a few euros :)
Smokey McPot

Post by Smokey McPot »

Yes its the one with the breakfast ad in the window,Pretty sure you just ask politely for the breakfast when you buy your bud or whatever, from what I've seen it's a couple bits of bread n cheese n hams..
Good for free like
If carlsburg made weed it would be northern lights 5x