Green Place 2 (formerly Picasso and Amsterdamned)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Picasso

I like Picasso
90%
I don't like Picasso
10%

Total votes: 69

smartpig

Post by smartpig »

This the first CS I ever visited based upon reviews in this forum. I had not smoked in almost 20 years so I asked the budtender for a recommendation -not too strong, please. He suggested the White Widow which I wanted to try anyway. Jesuuuuussss.... :shock:

Anyway got a kick out of watching an old grey-haired lady tryin to coax her m8s inside! Then stumbled on to the Green House...............

Haze convert
darkglobe

Post by darkglobe »

An excellent start to the trip... 8)
Lubricant

Post by Lubricant »

darkglobe wrote:An excellent start to the trip... 8)
My 4th trip Feb 08, this was my first stop. I landed early and set off to Piccaso for white widow. At that time they had breakfast, but I was full.
Badfrog

Post by Badfrog »

This was my first time in this shop and was the first smoke of my trip last week. I asked the budtender for something nice to start the day(a very nice older gentleman by the way,who always clasped his hands and bowed when I talked to him),and he told me the white widow was choice at the moment. So I bought 2 grams of the widow and rolled up a pure while sitting at the front window. Great shop,very nice budtender and a good weed choice recommended to me to start off my vacation with a bang. I will be going back here.
Boner

Post by Boner »

Lubricant

Post by Lubricant »

WOOOHOO About time Google Streetview was available for AMS..
Its been talked about for a while.. YAY!!!
Now the newbies wont get lost as much if you have a phone with google maps.. Like the iPhone..
Jailbreak, and unlock. Just buy a sim in Amsterdam and blast off!!!
hulldj

Post by hulldj »

Lubricant wrote:

phone with google maps.. Like the iPhone..
Jailbreak, and unlock. Just buy a sim in Amsterdam and blast off!!!
Just DONT upgrade to version 2.2.1
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

1 of the 1st shops ever went in many years ago, northern lights and big bud, boy was we fucked after that, sat up stairs n chilled out playing draughts.That northern lights stunk.
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
DRA

Great Shop

Post by DRA »

I visited Picasso a couple of times over the 2 weeks I was in the area. I have been visiting Picasso for several years now, making it my first stop after arriving at Centraal Station.

Here's a video I have posted which documents the shop as of 1 April 2009:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv2SPH4HPpI

Enjoy!
PirateRaff

Post by PirateRaff »

lol, i loved this shop, cool dude, ended up buying a gram of bubblegum, smoking it at the shop and 5g haze for 20e

me and the miss where fumbling around the backstreets for an hour before we found the hotel, neither of us had smoked in a month:P it was 900m to the hotel
If your pee is clean you are a cop!
zz

Post by zz »

This was the first coffeeshop that I went to on my first trip to A'dam this April. I knew it was where I wanted to go after reading about the guy that bows after a purchase. Since I don't smoke much anymore, he recommended the Picasso which was *perfect* for me. It was exactly the buzz I was looking for. I hit this place every morning for my wake-and-bake since it was so close to my hotel. It's small, but I always felt welcome which was important to me. I finally got brave and tried the Bubblegum which was very good, too.
Boner

Post by Boner »

I like Picassos, the Mrs doesn't but thats because everytime we've been the shop has always had at least 1 nutter in, the Picasso weed is really cheap yes it's the 'leftovers' but they're all basically small buds, I rolled up a small single rizzle pure joint with a little bud that turned out to be Bubblegum that reminded me of the Double Bubblegum Grey Area used to sell that had a lovely flavour and stone.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
liquidSwords

Post by liquidSwords »

Finished my Feb trip off in Picasso's and I took such a shine to it that i started my 420 trip in Picasso's. The "Haze" was a good bud to start (me REI and TD) our day off. But when in here last time a junkie looking hooker was trying to get REI into the toilet lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
Excuse me while I light my Spliff.....
Trichome_Dense

Post by Trichome_Dense »

I remember that goofy woman! What a disgrace? How can a Coffeeshop like Picasso allow that embarrassment in? Poor REI, did feel sorry for the guy... :D

I voted I liked the place - coz their Haze was a blinding example of good sativa... :)
... as long as it aint a cheque ;)
PirateRaff

Post by PirateRaff »

Boner wrote:I like Picassos, the Mrs doesn't but thats because everytime we've been the shop has always had at least 1 nutter in.
Yeah, me and the miss had a guy on the next table staring the whole time at us:P
If your pee is clean you are a cop!