Boerejongens Centre (formerly Stix)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Boerejongens Centre (formerly Stix)

I like Stix
88%
I don't like Stix.
12%

Total votes: 101

Iko

Post by Iko »

wietroker wrote:
westerkerk wrote:Rokerij on Elandsgracht did this to me when I asked for 1g of NY Diesel.
Rokerij Leidseplein nearly always try to get me to buy more than one gram. I suspect it is policy there too.

I enjoy flat out saying "NO" when they ask me "do you want 1.2 g?" :D
This happened to me a bunch of times in Rokerij.
I can SORT-Of understand when it comes to a nice bud, but they did the same thing with the hash, and that is bullshit.
If i wanted 1.6 grams of Sahara i'd certainly ask for that, i want 1 gram, thanks :roll: .
Definately an "upsell policy " in Rokerij.

Once In A while You Get Shown The Light
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

Iko wrote:Definately an "upsell policy " in Rokerij.
yep, same happened last week in leidseplein shop, asked for a gram of w russian & he puts something like 11.35 e worth & asked if thats ok, i said no, he took it back down to a gram obviously annoyed i said no, was nice smoke though :D
westerkerk

Post by westerkerk »

Pauli Wallnuts wrote:
yep, same happened last week in leidseplein shop, asked for a gram of w russian & he puts something like 11.35 e worth & asked if thats ok, i said no, he took it back down to a gram obviously annoyed i said no, was nice smoke though :D
Both stix and rokerij always seem to pull something out of the jar and say 'i have this really nice piece...'

It's bogus. A few months ago I was in Rokerij Elandsgracht again and I was a bit undecided about what to get, and umming and ahhing and the guy was obviosly sure i was a newbie, the way he was talking to me, totally tried to upsell me some bud, i think it was White Widow. They must get away with this all the time
Twichaldinho

Post by Twichaldinho »

westerkerk wrote:
Pauli Wallnuts wrote:
Both stix and rokerij always seem to pull something out of the jar and say 'i have this really nice piece...'

It's bogus. A few months ago I was in Rokerij Elandsgracht again and I was a bit undecided about what to get, and umming and ahhing and the guy was obviosly sure i was a newbie, the way he was talking to me, totally tried to upsell me some bud, i think it was White Widow. They must get away with this all the time
Maybe the White Widow was particularly nice that time? Did you check it out? I've found that sometimes, the newfangled strains can't touch the classics when they are done nicley.
Hate the Upsale policy though, however, it aint hard to say NO :wink:
Endure
westerkerk

Post by westerkerk »

Twichaldinho wrote:
westerkerk wrote:
Pauli Wallnuts wrote: yep, same happened last week in leidseplein shop, asked for a gram of w russian & he puts something like 11.35 e worth & asked if thats ok, i said no, he took it back down to a gram obviously annoyed i said no, was nice smoke though :D

Maybe the White Widow was particularly nice that time? Did you check it out? I've found that sometimes, the newfangled strains can't touch the classics when they are done nicley.
Hate the Upsale policy though, however, it aint hard to say NO :wink:
Oh yeah i tried it, I bought the second 1.3g bud of it he picked out of the jar, the first was 1.9g! It was delicious, as always I'm a fan of Rokerij...

Anyhoo, I don't mind the upsell as long as it's in good faith, the lady at stix once told me it was because they can't and don't want to sell scrag ends of bud they've had to chop off buds. I like this, because I don't want scrag ends in my baggie. But I get some peoples frustrations when you see a price per gram.

In one of my oldie guide books published in 1994, it does allude to the fact prices are stated 'per weight unit' and what you get is relative to that price. Somewhere along the way the expectation has changed I guess. Poss with pre bagging and the 5g limit???
jjmcjohnson

Re: Stix

Post by jjmcjohnson »

Is this place still open? Do they still sell the temple balls?
gettingrimey

Post by gettingrimey »

It is but it is now called Solo, still an ace shop though and yes they do still sell temple ball.
I be chillin on the beach in the South of Venice
Or merking the President live on Channel 7
hasj

Post by hasj »

The Stix on Korte Koningsstraat is now called Solo, but the one on Utrechtsestraat is still Stix.
# on #! on #
Qemic

Post by Qemic »

hasj wrote:The Stix on Korte Koningsstraat is now called Solo, but the one on Utrechtsestraat is still Stix.
I went to the one on Utrechtsestraat, as i stayed on the keizergracht, literally seconds round the corner. They did the upselling thing to me and my pals, but we didnt care as it was our first stop of the holiday.

Recommend the royal stix. Nice and smooth taste and quite cheap! :) However you have to buy a drink to sit in there... But thats standard with alot of places now.
michoacan

stix

Post by michoacan »

service varies from budtender to budtender, that includes asking if you want more than what you order, which can get irritating. The middle-aged budtender lady gave me EXACTLY what I asked for. A gram of White Choco, which was very good. she was nice enough to sell me half a gram of ice-o-lator which, although not too strong, was a very enjoyable high.
chicks cain't hold dey smoke
Colino

Re: stix

Post by Colino »

michoacan wrote:service varies from budtender to budtender, that includes asking if you want more than what you order, which can get irritating. The middle-aged budtender lady gave me EXACTLY what I asked for. A gram of White Choco, which was very good. she was nice enough to sell me half a gram of ice-o-lator which, although not too strong, was a very enjoyable high.
this is the topic for the review
baked.com

Post by baked.com »

Dropped into stixs for a few smokes.ehave been on many trips to amsterdam and have been to stixs many times.dissapointed this time.over weighed my weed,which was dusty and dry and not very strong.
Erik D NTB

Post by Erik D NTB »

Hey there,i'm going to amsterdam within 2 weeks,and now i really want to know if they still sell the amazing Nepalese Temple Balls @ the Stix? :roll:

Is there someone who can help me out?
michoacan

Re: stix

Post by michoacan »

Colino wrote:
michoacan wrote:service varies from budtender to budtender, that includes asking if you want more than what you order, which can get irritating. The middle-aged budtender lady gave me EXACTLY what I asked for. A gram of White Choco, which was very good. she was nice enough to sell me half a gram of ice-o-lator which, although not too strong, was a very enjoyable high.
this is the topic for the review
Next trip, (last week) I ask for a gram, budtender tries to sell me 1.31 grams. I tell him i actually want it to be closer to a gram. He takes out a bud, and its 1.18. He asks if that's ok. I pay and walk ouit ASAP, instead of perusing the menu, and possibly buying something else. One day these people (and I know one of the managers) will realize that trying to force or intimidate people into buy more product in this manner is counter-productive to sales , as well as rude.
chicks cain't hold dey smoke
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

interesting thread…

when a bud tender gives me a big beautiful bud and it is a bit more than i asked for -- i thank him, knowing full well that buds are all different sizes and to give me an exact weight would mean he would have to break that beautiful bud up… now that's a sacrilege!

i have always loved stix the budtenders have never steered me wrong. also like the jazz they play.