Nes Cafe

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Nes Cafe

I like Nes Cafe.
91%
I don't like Nes Cafe.
9%

Total votes: 150

Rob_OG

Re: Nes Cafe

Post by Rob_OG »

Alan Partridge: That was Big Yellow Taxi by Joni Mitchell, a song in which Joni complains they paved paradise to put up a parking lot, a measure which actually would have alleviated traffic congestion on the outskirts of paradise, something which Joni singularly fails to point out, perhaps because it doesn't quite fit in with her blinkered view of the world. Nevertheless, nice song. It's 4:35 AM, you're listening to Up With The Partridge.

If Frankenstein came face-to-face with the monster Marijuana, he would drop dead of fright.
Worsall

Post by Worsall »

Sorry a bit late but only just noticed this thread - I remember when this was run by some kids from the Cannabis College and was one the best Coffeeshops in town and had good beer to boot - a bit of Dam history gone but not surprised. If you read this good luck Dave and hope it is a change for the better, for you at least.

The only consolation is that utopia was my first hang out; believe it or not I used to stay in the rooms above the shop when it was cheap and clean! It has become a good Coffeeshop again after a bit of a down turn, so that’s a positive. The 420 is still a good Coffeeshop but was better when it was a bar as well.

Guess I should read who moved my cheese again, you cannot stop change it the only way we know we are living!
winnie

Post by winnie »

Lemming wrote:Near where I live is a wonderful arboretum (Westonbirt). Whenever I go there I have Big Yellow Taxi running around in my head - They took all the trees and put them in a tree museum. They charge more than a dollar and a half these days but the song still works for me. Now another line is stuck in my (admittedly wasted) head.

Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got
Till it's gone

++
schererbuzz

Post by schererbuzz »

Some girl is kicking ass on the pool table right now......Really nice form. I'm watching on pool cam. Yea, I'm bored.
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

I stopped in to say 'allo 'allo to DC last Monday, looking good mate, and I must say I've never smelled the place so clean... :shock: :lol:
No shiite, with the tobacco smell nearly gone, almost isn't a pub... yah I know, it's a Cafe'.... :lol:
Enjoyed a tasty beverage and shared a smoke with Smirks... thanks mon... :)
Highly recommended...
Happy t'Nes Cafe'
... :mrgreen:
Occasional Bowl

Post by Occasional Bowl »

But will it be OK to smoke weed in there in the future?
Hang on to your head
talkrum

Post by talkrum »

Any news about the new owners or Dave (DC)?
DC

Post by DC »

The bar is sold, the new owner has been running it since the 1st of the month. He's young and enthusiastic however, while it's still ok to smoke weed in the hall, smoking anything inside is no longer allowed. I managed to get my legal issue sorted before having to go to court, I've been compensated for my time, though from next week will only work here part time. The end of an era, but the beginning of another and definitely time for a change of direction for me. I haven't actually had a smoke in 2 years preparing for that change and hopefully it wont be too many more years before I'm achieving the goal I've set for myself. :mrgreen:
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

DC wrote:The end of an era, but the beginning of another and definitely time for a change of direction for me. I haven't actually had a smoke in 2 years preparing for that change and hopefully it wont be too many more years before I'm achieving the goal I've set for myself. :mrgreen:
All the best mate :mrgreen:
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
york_stone

Post by york_stone »

What are the new owners plans for the place? Will the pool table be staying?
Roccy Tittzenbeer

Post by Roccy Tittzenbeer »

DC wrote: from next week will only work here part time
Will you still be around during 4/20 weekend?
and
I wish you all the very best of luck for the future mi lad.

RTnB
First visit October 1976 last visit still to come ....
matty223

Post by matty223 »

DC wrote:The bar is sold, the new owner has been running it since the 1st of the month. He's young and enthusiastic however, while it's still ok to smoke weed in the hall, smoking anything inside is no longer allowed. I managed to get my legal issue sorted before having to go to court, I've been compensated for my time, though from next week will only work here part time. The end of an era, but the beginning of another and definitely time for a change of direction for me. I haven't actually had a smoke in 2 years preparing for that change and hopefully it wont be too many more years before I'm achieving the goal I've set for myself. :mrgreen:
good luck in your ventures
talkrum

Post by talkrum »

The bar is sold, the new owner has been running it since the 1st of the month. He's young and enthusiastic however, while it's still ok to smoke weed in the hall, smoking anything inside is no longer allowed
Thanks for the update DC. I hope things work out for you (and T'Nes). Please keep us informed.
DC

Post by DC »

Cheers for the kind words folks, I will be around on the 420 weekend kippering a few of you, rather than myself. :mrgreen:

lol York, a 5 year account used just to ask that question...I feel honoured.....and to answer ya, He intends to bring it more into line with the rest of the street, which is pushing for 'cultural' status. So this entails ripping the insides out, renovating and yes, ultimately removing the pool table. Though this will involve a timetable with the pool table being at the end.
bleak

Post by bleak »

DC wrote:Cheers for the kind words folks, I will be around on the 420 weekend kippering a few of you, rather than myself. :mrgreen:

lol York, a 5 year account used just to ask that question...I feel honoured.....and to answer ya, He intends to bring it more into line with the rest of the street, which is pushing for 'cultural' status. So this entails ripping the insides out, renovating and yes, ultimately removing the pool table. Though this will involve a timetable with the pool table being at the end.
Wow, big change. Sounds like they're pulling a Basjoe. Will be interesting to see what they do with the place though. Hopefully they'll retain some of the cozy pub atmosphere and not totally change the vibe.