Green Place

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Green Place

I like Green Place
84%
I don't like Green Place
16%

Total votes: 254

tinky

Re: Green Place

Post by tinky »

ZBeebs wrote: Tue 31st Jan 2017 07:17 pmThey're open?
Reopened early/mid January.

WLow

Post by WLow »

i was there mid december, had the pleasure to see a new budtender young english lad,
offer me to sniff the johnny blaze, az he open the plastic jar, strong smell came out, like heavy sativa and fruits. I asked him about the lineage and he told me about a Dj cold Johnny he wasnt sure :mrgreen:
http://seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Johnny_Blaze/DJ_Short/

came back several time after that, this strain is for the berry lovers, you can feel the berries on the smoke
young people who smell and smoke this thinks its the GAS the heavy kush :twisted: :evil: :mrgreen:
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Jesus christ almighty.... €18 for a gram of what is essentially Blueberry x Nevil?
Fucking jokers
WLow

Post by WLow »

i had 20 gr during the week OneHighMofo, it was 18 a gr but it was the most atypical bud in town.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

You smoked 3.4 of an oz of €18p/g bud? :shock:
It must be good - I'd like to say I'd grab a bag over 4/20 and try it out but I will not pay that price for a single joint. No fucking way no how. Does it come with a fat-line of yayo and a BJ? It should at that money.
WLow

Post by WLow »

When something is good and you know it, you grab more.

I'm sure you will find something in april, maybe better.
macky

Post by macky »

WLow wrote: Fri 3rd Feb 2017 09:38 pm i had 20 gr during the week OneHighMofo, it was 18 a gr but it was the most atypical bud in town.
That's crazy ,I can buy blue dream for 10 canadian a gram or 6 euros MMJ Canada .ca check out the menu of Cumberland store google it . That's black market prices there not really legal.
WLow

Post by WLow »

macky wrote: Fri 3rd Feb 2017 10:27 pm
WLow wrote: Fri 3rd Feb 2017 09:38 pm i had 20 gr during the week OneHighMofo, it was 18 a gr but it was the most atypical bud in town.
That's crazy ,I can buy blue dream for 10 canadian a gram or 6 euros MMJ Canada .ca check out the menu of Cumberland store google it . That's black market prices there not really legal.
This had nothing do to with 10 dollars Blue Dream :lol:

It was something else, probably the most exciting NEW strain i saw in coffeshops for 2016.
Was so stinky, everyone around us in the tram could tell we had the fire :mrgreen:

They were shut down and came back with better weed, it was a great batch.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

WLow wrote: Tue 14th Feb 2017 07:33 pm

It was something else, probably the most exciting NEW strain i saw in coffeshops for 2016.
Was so stinky, everyone around us in the tram could tell we had the fire :mrgreen:

You certainly sound impressed dude I'll be sure to take a look over 4/20 if they have it on.
I'm underwhelmed by the lineage - but that doesn't mean the resultant cross can't be much more than the total sum of it's parts.
I'll look forward to getting a nose on that.
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

WLow wrote: Tue 14th Feb 2017 07:33 pm
macky wrote: Fri 3rd Feb 2017 10:27 pm

Looks like you're that type of customer coffeeshops aiming their ridiculous prices at. You're proud paying those silly prices or you're able to afford them? Basic sales psychology again as price in this illegal and unregulated game isn't an indicator for quality at all. Too long story though again.

Too I highly doubt a hole-in-the-wall like Green Place is selling better gear on average like most establishments in Canada taking their situation and 'medical marijuana' into consideration so Green Place' best then isn't probably something too special over there ; though I've never been there myself yet but online reports suggest a far better approach(not saying it's a somewhat paradise over there or not talking about bad apples occuring everywhere like also with US-dispensaries I read about every now and then )than at coffeeshops in Nederlands. So I wouldn't feel guilty paying 'far less'.

Hope you didn't mean you bought 20gs of that strain but in the end of course this is up to you don't get me wrong.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

It's something of a sticking point this coffeeshop pricing debate. And I can see why.
Who knows what level of profits the CS's make? It's difficult to make a meaningful critique of potential greed when we don't know the numbers.

However - I do try to see things from both sides.
Any business owner has a set of projected profits in mind that they believe is what's necessary to make the job/investment worthwhile. It's up to them to set their service levels and price their products accordingly; and down to us as consumers to decide whether we are prepared to pay those prices and support their businesses.

Personally I don't feel particularly offended by the high price of coffeeshop weed; largely because I'm familiar with the fact that paying that price is unnecessary; I do balk at paying €18 p/g because to me that's a single joint.

BUT: I also accept that
a) To some people that gram will last a LONG time. I have friends that smoke only 1 gram per/week and would be happy with that €18 p/g cost if that's what they want to smoke. The same people enjoy expensive food and wine too.

b) Consumerism is very rarely rational - so there's little point trying to make a value judgement about it, or other peoples choices.

At the end of the day there are people that can afford luxury items - whether they're worth the perceived value is in the eye of the beholder.
Old Timer

Post by Old Timer »

Well said OneHighMofo! :thumbup:
Business owners are entitled to charge whatever they like. Their businesses exist in order to generate as much profit as possible, it's the nature of the beast.
It's up to us consumers to decide whether we are prepared to pay their price or not.
We also need to remember that a very big percentage of coffee shop customers are not weed connoisseurs like a lot of the people on this forum are. They may visit a coffee shop or 2 during their trip just for the experience.
High prices don't always = more profit, but in many cases they do, especially in locations that are full of tourists who are prepared to spend more during their vacation.
The vast majority of businesses in tourist heavy areas all over the world, are more expensive than similar businesses in less tourist heavy areas. Rent and the price of property in those areas is also always more expensive.
macky

Post by macky »

Like cigarettes,more you tax more black market. Hey when in Rome ,I buy 18 dollar shit and more with big :D If they have the balls to charge that it's got to be good :lol:
There,s more underground going on over there then ever e.g. Edibles and :wink: enough said.
Roll on 420 ...But did you have fun?
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I never paid more than 15€/g for weed... but if you want to have real nice kushes you have to pay that in Amsterdam Coffeeshops. Well you see more and more kushes on the menus and also cheaper than 15€/g but the quality isn´t as good as Voyagers, Green Place top priced kushes...

Green Place is over the top with it´s 18€/g :x personally I never bought that expensive stuff from there but my mate got some Tangerine Manderine (17€/g) from there last time wich was simply a great example of that strain :shock: He also got the Jonny Blaze a few times in the past and it was everytime the best buy of the trip. I don´t know if it´s really Blueberry and Nevilles... for me it tastes more like a Blueberry with OG Kush or something like that. Really nice and truly the best bud we found on my last trips but again 18€/g is just :x
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Johnny Blaze
It's certainly listed by the breeders (DJ Short/Legend Seeds) as that cultivar.