Boerejongens West

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

u ever been there allready

Yes
58%
No
32%
or to far away from the centre
10%

Total votes: 142

johnnygiovanni

Re: Boerejongens

Post by johnnygiovanni »

monster420 wrote:boerejongens block hash sucks :thumbdown: :sick:
cheap flavoured bullshit maroc
I tried several on my last trip but I liked only few, only am block from boerejongens and slh hash from de graal (not sure about this being from the same source) come to mind. I still prefer a good old school hash, tastier and usually cheaper too

Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

I can now answer my own question -- Shoreline ltd at all 3, when not sold out -- & it's the most powerpacked punch I've had since their AM block, to which I may by now have built up some tolerance.

But -- like all the block hashes -- it often flares up in the bowl. Never had that apart from adulterated unsmokeable shit, so the question is why, and is it safe?
Last edited by Fat_old_dwarf on Wed 4th May 2016 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Fat_old_dwarf wrote:I can now answer my own question -- Shoreline ltd at all 3, when not sold out -- & it's the most powerpacked punch I've had since their AM block, to which I may by now built up some tolerance.

But -- like all the block hashes -- it often flares up in the bowl. Never had that apart from adulterated unsmokeable shit, so the question is why, and is it safe?

The flare up is almost certainly the (probably/hopefully cannabis) oil that the hash is pressed with catching alight.
I've pressed a fair few of those bloc hashes into rosin now and am reasonably happy that the contaminant is at least cannabis derived. I don't taste anything nasty in them and I do have experience of pressing import into something that tastes of burning tyres (Katsu I'm looking at you). I can't be 100% but I think they're pretty clean. Bound with low grade oil for sure (which is probably made with a solvent) but hey - that's import, pay your money - take your chance.
:)
mowie

Post by mowie »

OneHighMofo wrote:
Fat_old_dwarf wrote:I can now answer my own question -- Shoreline ltd at all 3, when not sold out -- & it's the most powerpacked punch I've had since their AM block, to which I may by now built up some tolerance.

The flare up is almost certainly the (probably/hopefully cannabis) oil that the hash is pressed with catching alight.
I've pressed a fair few of those bloc hashes into rosin now and am reasonably happy that the contaminant is at least cannabis derived. I don't taste anything nasty in them and I do have experience of pressing import into something that tastes of burning tyres (Katsu I'm looking at you). I can't be 100% but I think they're pretty clean. Bound with low grade oil for sure (which is probably made with a solvent) but hey - that's import, pay your money - take your chance.
:)
After smoking both AK OG Block and Lemon Haze Block hash from Boerejongens which somehow appeared at home after the 420 trip :D I must say that I don't trust these hashes at all. Obviously it contains some kind of oil, but no cannabis oil I'm afraid, else it would be stronger.
If I smoke like 0,5g-1g of it, I get nausea which is pretty interesting because I never got nauseous from cannabis before.
I tried it again after a couple of days, same effect.
Scored some maroc hash in Eindhoven this weekend, compared it to the block hashes and the Eindhoven maroc honestly was much tastier and had more effect.
At a price from 8,50 to 11€ (iirc) the block hashes are ok - but they are definitely laced with something that I don't want to pay for.
The substance they add also is most likely responsible for the great yields after rosin pressing it.

At first I was a big fan of their block hashes, but after smoking couple of g, I'm not sure anymore...
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

mowie wrote:Obviously it contains some kind of oil, but no cannabis oil I'm afraid, else it would be stronger.
Not necessarily - it's certainly possible to make a low grade oil derived from a cannabis plant that will bind a loose hash press but will not get you high. For instance - using alcohol it's possible to make a very noxious tar like substance from ABV (already been vaped) which is certainly cannabis derived - would easily bind a loose press and would also taste like shit. It would not be pleasant, is unlikely to get you high - and could be dangerous if the alcohol isn't purged off properly. I know this because I've done it :oops: Pounded leaves and twigs soaked in alcohol gives the same effect and is a traditional trick in hash making regions.
mowie wrote:If I smoke like 0,5g-1g of it, I get nausea which is pretty interesting because I never got nauseous from cannabis before.
I tried it again after a couple of days, same effect.
That - is very bad news however and a good indication that yes indeed there is something in the mix that is unwanted. A solvent is the most likely candidate.
mowie

Post by mowie »

OneHighMofo wrote: Not necessarily - it's certainly possible to make a low grade oil derived from a cannabis plant that will bind a loose hash press but will not get you high. For instance - using alcohol it's possible to make a very noxious tar like substance from ABV (already been vaped) which is certainly cannabis derived - would easily bind a loose press and would also taste like shit. It would not be pleasant, is unlikely to get you high - and could be dangerous if the alcohol isn't purged off properly. I know this because I've done it :oops: Pounded leaves and twigs soaked in alcohol gives the same effect and is a traditional trick in hash making regions.
yeah, you're right, I've made "oil" from ABV as well. Nasty stuff.
the fact that the block hash smells so little (compared to other "classic" marrocs) makes we wonder if it's really cannabis oil.
I have a friend at the university who is basically in charge of their chem labs. Maybe I can sort out some drug-checking :D
(I collected lots of suspicious weed samples over the years too which I always wanted to "test"...)
Wilbur

Post by Wilbur »

Re: Boerejongen

Postby mowie » Mon 2nd May 2016 02:20 pm
That - is very bad news however and a good indication that yes indeed there is something in the mix that is unwanted. A solvent is the most likely candidate.
Instead of all the wild guessing why don't we put some money together and have some tested?!
Cry Tuff

Post by Cry Tuff »

Unless someone can prove conclusively to the contrary , that the cut in Bloc Hashish isn't a very unpleasant adulterant , then I wont be shopping for it again . Ive recently finished off several grams of AM and Choco that found their way home . Conclusions : Both fairly potent , tolerance does soon develop with the AM but the 'cut' is way beyond what's needed to bind the product. Id really like to know just what the fuck it is . The Choco isn't so obvious until heated . Don't ever recall hashish having a consistency that was akin to drying putty . Very tight chest after smoking . That never, ever happens . The sexiness of the new hype and unusual affordability , further fuels my suspicions .
mowie

Post by mowie »

Wilbur wrote:
Re: Boerejongen

Postby mowie » Mon 2nd May 2016 02:20 pm
Instead of all the wild guessing why don't we put some money together and have some tested?!
The problem is that it's pretty time-consuming and therefore expensive if you don't know what substances you're looking for. (that's what I recall from chemistry class)
the lab Siberie & Co. seem to use for testing just test for different cannabinoids I guess, which would be pretty useless in this case.
Cry Tuff wrote:The sexiness of the new hype and unusual affordability , further fuels my suspicions .
Yep, same here
Wilbur

Post by Wilbur »

We need to buy ourselves this new device then....
https://www.cdxlife.com/
Check out this video by Remo covering the use of this toy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6yj281aNig
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Hmm interesting finds. Does anyone else find the block hashes "less" aromatic, than their classic import counterparts?! Because I sure as hell don't, in fact I'd argue the block-hashes are muuuch more fragrant in my opinion, and said bouquet reminding me staunchly of a sort of generic "bubble-hashy" kind of smell - which could also account for their potency and high rosin yields...

Also anyone else get nauseous from these hashes because I also would have to tick a no on that box (along with my many other friends who smoke the stuff quite regularly)?

I suppose to each their own, but given my experience handling hashes around 'Dam, I'd say if these hashes are indeed "cut", then so is just about every hash sample in Dam. So if you wanna avoid such contaminants may as well just give up the hash all together...just my two abe lincoln heads on the matter. Carry on!
HisDudeness

Post by HisDudeness »

I also think the block hashes are cut with some bullshit - I tried the Shoreline and AM Block from here, and also the Chocolope + White Choco blocks from CS Regine in Haarlem (they have same supplier as BJ). All have same kind of effect for me at least, a mild to medium strength headache and a floaty spaced out kind of high which I didn't really enjoy. The Shoreline block from BJ also left an unnatural sweet taste on the lips, which reminded me of the after taste of those flavoured cigar leaves/rolling papers and first time i've ever noticed this thing with any hash. Something is not right with these hashes. The weed from BJ also leaves a lot to be desired. I won't be going back there again to buy product that is for sure.

Also does anyone else notice here that the bud-tenders always seem to put more on the scales than you ask for, then ask if that's 'OK" - seems like something which the management encourage the BTs to do, as for me it looks like a real pattern at the BJ locations and also CS Regine in Haarlem too.
Mind If I Do a J?
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

I also get a sweet residual taste at times from the block hashes - or well, at least from the rosin oil into which I press them. That being said, I've found other hashes I've rosin-ed to have even more such residual tastes - I'm looking blatantly at you classic-maroc hashes!

Furthermore I think rosin-pressing as a process offers another way to assess the quality of the hashish with which one was working. Things such as yield, coloration, consistency, etc. I notice that these block hashes aside from giving fatter yields, also produce paler, more gilded hues as opposed to their more traditional brethren. Said golden-brown shades would again be a purity/quality indicator to me as the coloration is more similar to flower rosins, rosins pressed from Dutch-made ice-o-lators, kief rosin and high-grade purged BHO's. On the other hand classic marocs will often form into a still pale (not as pale as the block-hash rosin) "shatter bomb", a hardened mass so shattery that in can scarcely be collected before disintegrating again into shards OR into "poop soup" dark viscous, not very translucent tar oil.

Finally going back to the flavor/smell profile I find that these block-hashes do smell a lot more like domestic cannabis (bubble-hashes, actual nugs and kief) than do the traditional imports. The lingering sweet taste I get from the dabs of the block, also is a lot more natural than that which I get from the dabs of classic import rosin - i.e. just taste in general more "cannabis-ey" (maybe it could be added terpenes, I know that's a thing as some of my instagram buddies have been adding it to their concentrates lately, don't know all the specifics but just what I've heard); whereas with the imports it's an oily/butter taste - as if coconut oil or ghee or something, dunno

CASE IN POINT: it may be conjecture but if we're adopting the stance that Dam hash is cut than it's almost universal (certainly not restricted to these block hashes) and is almost assuredly more so the case for classic-esque imports than these new block ones.
mokum

Post by mokum »

The blocks are def less aromatic then a good classic maroc hash. Its the reason I only smoke it with weed. If I roll one with cigarette it just dont mask the tobacco taste the way the classic hash does. I have friends who smoke the ak og frequently because its the cheapest way to go these days I think. The effect of these bj block hashes isnt enjoying to me. Need a good classic maroc to calm the mind afterwards :P

The best of both hashes could be found in some more expensive " block hashes". Og roccan(dampkring)1st batch 24k gold hash(2e kamer), kandy kush hash (media) comes to mind. All three kinda same texture and has more aroma and body than the cheap bj block hashes. You could roll a tasty joint with tobacco.

My favourite new style hashes are the sticky dark ones. First batch bj am block was my first encounter wit this species. Later on the cheese pollen(bluebird) took over the game for a long time. Pure kush hash(media)so now and then. Nowadays its lemon haze hash from de graal.It could be a pain in the ass to roll one but the smoke is so worth it. Last night it made a superjoint .... half a gram highrise and half a gram lemon haze hash... dom :mrgreen:

I dont know why the new style hashes differ so much. Maybe because the bj blocks are just rushed .I could imagine that because they tend to do that with their weed too. Lets just hope that this discussion will clarify some things and nobody will feel offended because we all have the same cause. Better product and service in the dam.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Hmm I could certainly see the flavor profile of classic-import meshing and masking tobacco flavor, better than that of these new-age hashes. That being said when I said more aromatic I referred mostly to the in the bag loudness of smell, which I still posit is the case.

As I said I mainly rosin these hashes, I'll have to give this OG-Roccan a try that's for certain (added to the buy-list). That being said for example the AM-block was indeed my original go to rosin hash, but it produces again a more dark, viscous, oily tar-like rosin. The finished product is very terpy and certainly carries it's hazey parent lineage with it in the bouquet and enough on the exhale as well.

Be that as it may the rosin I've pressed from all the block-hashes which were later added to BJ's menu (e.g. Big Buddha Cheese Block, Shoreline, AK-OG, S. Lemon Haze, etc. though the first hash that I noticed to be more of this "pheno" or style instead of more like the AM block that is; was the Kandy Kush Hash from 1e Hulp) typically turn out much nicer consistency (semi-stable shatter at ambient room temp and below, a nice jelly of sorts at slightly above room temp), beautiful golden-ish color and honestly the best batches have packed world's of bubble-hash/almost bho tasting rosin (to my distinct palate).

The headier, not as sedated high from the new-age hashes is most likely attributable to the cannabinoid profiles. Year in, and year out various labs that have tested their way across Amsterdam's coffeeshops - analyzed samples have consistently revealed that classic genetic import hashes are the most CBD rich cannabis products by a country mile (I'd have to do some digging to find the links) - so the high CBD content (and it's role as an anti-psychotic cannabinoid) is very likely a contributing factor .
Last edited by Nuggz on Tue 3rd May 2016 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.