Boerejongens West

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

u ever been there allready

Yes
58%
No
32%
or to far away from the centre
10%

Total votes: 142

OneHighMofo

Re: Boerejongens West

Post by OneHighMofo »

Interesting insights - the prospect of nicely extracted BHO from Moroccan genetics is a mouth watering prospect indeed!

Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Last night, in mourning of OHMF's departure:

- First line was too long so zipped up the block to Bij.
Once there, Choco Cookies voor €9 was OP! At the recommendation of the bt, I took a g of Kosher-OG for €11, dense rockhard but resincaked buds, def looks kushy, with earthy old school kushy undertones with a light floral note.

- On the way back, line inside Boer had subsided so I opted to see if they had Choco Cookies in stock, jackpot, 1 grammetje voor €9, graag!

Choco Cookies had small, moderately dense buds. Sandalwood aroma, with a spicy undertone of cloying floral sweetness, which on a further note is quite reminiscent of the haze profile candy-esque and citric, a hint Silver Kush perhaps.

I've only vaped both in the Volcano thus far and can that neither is excessively loud on flavor, piney, earthy and floral for both.

Both are quite potent for the money. The Kosher is exceptionally potent and hits like a brick for the opening sesh of the day, can't even muster my usual wake n bake dab after a volc-sesh on that. Reminds a lot of some "Tangie-OG" that was on 2e Kamer's menu back in fall/winter 2014, not exceptionally loud flavor or smell (but both enjoyable enough) but mind shatteringly potent and just frosty as fuck (even more so the case for the Tangie-OG of yesteryear).

Def would pick up more of that Kosher-OG
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

further purchases:

Stopped by the former Stix this time, took a look at the Kosher OG, Kosher x Tangie and Choco Girl Scout Cookies:

- All looked great, asked the BT his pick yet again, this guy gave a wag of the Kosher Tangie tub, and my it did look nice, prettier buds than the K-OG (not as frosty though), with a hint of purp in there and a better bouquet than the KT as well. The Choco GSC was just stunning though, and I had turned her down at the behest of the BT yesterday, so this time I went with my gut and snagged 15 euros (1.25 g ) of the Choco GSC @ 12 per gram.

Choco GSC -
Beautiful frosty buds, with great trim job and beautiful jagged calyxes just coated in trichs and generously smattered with hues of perp. Perfect elusive crunchy state of cure that OHMF refers to so often. Bouquet is sweet and distinct, vaguely reminiscent of the Kaligria from voyagers but this is something else. Overripe limes, and lemon-lime sherbet, fizzy ginger ale with an unmistakable chemically hint of some sort of overpowering cologne or some sort of other fucked aerosol spray, very interesting to say the least. Burns, ok, flush is not quite up to scratch, flavor is "smooth-ish" but not loud like I was expecting from such a fine specimen of bag appeal, potency is somewhat there but also not what I expected. Verdict beautiful, looking - smelling - feeling buds, vastly underwhelming, pay a euro less and go for the Kosher-OG instead! - indeed will be back today to pick up some Kosher-OG as well as have a go on the rip-off 24K, DLN16 Over and out!
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Just a reminder, the former Stix has its own thread here: Boerejongens Centre (formerly Stix)
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

And he's back again - this time at West location, not the former stix, (my vote is that the two + Bij be consolidated into one mega-thread with the request of the individual to cite location, and price - differences - when possible):

- Sour Tangie Kush - this is what I had mistaken in my hazy (and kushy) memory as "Tangie-Kosher", I digress. As described above, moderately dense buds, yet also with some fluff, cure is dry enough. Aroma is of vague sandalwood, earthy a bit old-school kushy (skunky-esque), a bit of a sweet floral cedarwood and sandalwood cuts through when the nugs are cracked. In the volcano milks up the bag enough, the flavor is somewhat as expected and has been the case with these boerejongens indicas as of late - earthy, somewhat generic nothing overly exciting if I'm honest. Potency is there but still not as strong as the kosher-og. Verdict - get the Kosher OG over this.

- King Kong Kush - "you can smell, 'fore ya see, you can smell me for ya see me I got king kong in my blunt, king kong ki-ki-ki-king kong" (free dab to anybody who remotely gets my parody reference, ...I'll be waiting out here with the crickets)

Smelled the nicest of any of today's viewings in the tub thus far, and only a tenner on the gram, not bad at all. Bouquet is very OG-kushy, with a sour fizzy grapefruit in there, giving it a cloying sweet punch. Ground up reveals a vague sandalwood funk, with hints of sweet diesel and black-licorice. The flavor translates through well enough in the volcano (especially compared to the others) and the potency is definitely there, especially for something at or under the 10 mark (that's not haze) - again not as much so as the Kosher-OG, but that has become our new mantra thus far as the stuff is some mutant freak weed for potency.

Final verdict of DLN16's post-Episode VI Boerejongens Indica Tour:

1.) King Kong Kush - potent, flavorful, stanky and cheap (10 euros per gram)

2.) Kosher-OG - some of the most potent bud I've smoked in a while, and beautifully manicured and frosty. Flavor is old-school kushy, but a bit generic contrasted with the rest of their indica spread. 11 euros per gram

3.) Choco Cookies - a unique smell and flavor profile, and honestly the second most potent, and second tastiest of the batch, so naturally it takes third place overall. - also was the cheapest at 9 euros per gram
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

@DeLeuksteNUGS16

Block stuff:
1. Yes, had a similar theory with resin from tumbled indoor mixed with low grade moroccan on here somewhere.
2. Thanks, this is another confirmation then. Don't know what I think about this though but again they lost ground with introduction of quality indoor in the 1990ies.
3. Also possible as there seem to be a couple of groups involved.
4. As pointed out in the post those better batches then go to the other
usual suspects like Original Dampkring and Tweede Kamer/Dampkring 2. Like Marok21 reported what that manager at Original Dampkring told him.
By the way was thinking about 'amnesia cream' as 'Amnesia' sold in coffeeshops is from about three known cuts not Soma's 'Amnesia Haze'(even though this greedy hippy used this cut probably)so either they used his seeds(bet he gave generous discount, $€ :twisted: :lol: )for fields or they indeed used cuts which I find a bit unlikely but not unthinkable, especially considering those bho stuff going on there. Crazy, really.
DeLeuksteNUGS16 wrote: Perfect elusive crunchy state of cure that OHMF refers to so often.
Can you shed some light on that one? 'Crunchy' is meant in a figurative sense, right?! Because cured homegrown I was involved I got for a long time is 'fluffy' and most people used to black market industrial weed 'or' coffeeshops weed think it's wet but are amazed of flavour and smoothness when consumed. Like said before at coffeeshops you tend to get either bone dry('I want dry weed with lots of less smell and harsh on the throat! Don't want cured weed as it loses about 0,1g when taken out of the jar and cure zone for a longer time.' :lol: )or rushed damp gear.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Jesscass wrote:@DeLeuksteNUGS16

Block stuff:
1. Yes, had a similar theory with resin from tumbled indoor mixed with low grade moroccan on here somewhere.
2. Thanks, this is another confirmation then. Don't know what I think about this though but again they lost ground with introduction of quality indoor in the 1990ies.
3. Also possible as there seem to be a couple of groups involved.
4. As pointed out in the post those better batches then go to the other
usual suspects like Original Dampkring and Tweede Kamer/Dampkring 2. Like Marok21 reported what that manager at Original Dampkring told him.
By the way was thinking about 'amnesia cream' as 'Amnesia' sold in coffeeshops is from about three known cuts not Soma's 'Amnesia Haze'(even though this greedy hippy used this cut probably)so either they used his seeds(bet he gave generous discount, $€ :twisted: :lol: )for fields or they indeed used cuts which I find a bit unlikely but not unthinkable, especially considering those bho stuff going on there. Crazy, really.
DeLeuksteNUGS16 wrote: Perfect elusive crunchy state of cure that OHMF refers to so often.
Can you shed some light on that one? 'Crunchy' is meant in a figurative sense, right?! Because cured homegrown I was involved I got for a long time is 'fluffy' and most people used to black market industrial weed 'or' coffeeshops weed think it's wet but are amazed of flavour and smoothness when consumed. Like said before at coffeeshops you tend to get either bone dry('I want dry weed with lots of less smell and harsh on the throat! Don't want cured weed as it loses about 0,1g when taken out of the jar and cure zone for a longer time.' :lol: )or rushed damp gear.
With respect to point #4 I don't think the Dampkring shops carry higher quality blocks, in fact Boerejongens blocks are much better than theirs' imo, although as of late I've also managed to get lucky and source blocks elsewhere, and these non-CS ones look/smell/smoke to be a cut above what I've found in shops.

Finger crunchy - leaves some stickyness on fingers from resin glands, but can be relatively pulverized with one's fingers, no grinder necessary, but not "bone-dry" either where it collapses into dust either

Lastly, I would love to hear more about other's disdain for Soma and the why's, and how (examples) of why he sucks? I have no opinion either way, only a mere piqued interest. ps. I think the Am cut you refer to (I've talked with some people here in the scene) and 90% of the Am in NL is the "Hypro Cut" as far as I can gather...
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

@DeLeuksteNUGS16

My fault I was about Original Dampkring buy the better batches of this new generation like for example their 'Durrah'(for sure 'better' processed). Perhaps the stupid 'block' tag(am about hash is mostly coming like this) is saying 'more studying needs to be done' :wink: . Agree with you the stuff Tweede is selling for like 8-10€ isn't better than the gear from Boerejongens(am aware they also sell higher priced 'blocks' on the other hand Boerejongens as well so my attempt is probably bullshit, too. Mentioned Durrah is definitely better though.). Congratulation on finding better sources, enjoy :mrgreen: !

Finger crunchy: better than the bone dry stuff agree on that. Mentioned stuff is a bit difficult to handle as quite sticky sort of bends and all that so some mates put it out of the jars a couple of hours prior to consumption. Can live with that though!

Soma: when 'Amnesia Haze' was introduced it was 80€/10 seeds, when he won the first cup it was 130€/10 seeds. Don't like his spaced out medical marijunana' approach too. He's just a business man, no problem in fact but (t)his image is a bit annoying then. Do some research about him if you like. More or less agree on 'Amnesia' it's a too long pretty ambivalent story, at least three very similar cuts around, Soma most probably crossed one of them with his G13 Haze male cut.
spaceman

Post by spaceman »

I think very nicely of Soma, in many ways he is caring and giving, he has done well, and certainly has had some very good strains over the years. Above all else he knows how to market himself. I have been welcomed in his home, which of course is an incredible thing for someone in his position to do when you don't really know people. I have seen him share endless amounts of bubble with strangers, few people will care to do that. Though i always left with a feeling i was trying to be sold a bunch of stuff i didn't need or want. Crappy vape pens etc. Flat Earth believer too, i think that's the worst anyone could say about him :)
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Picked up yesterday from a non-specified "Amsterdam Genetics" establishment:

Lavender Kush @ 9 euros per gram -

Look: extremely dense, coated in reddish-orange hairs. Light lime green color, not excessive trich development.

Feel: dense, cure and flush seem to be on the money.

Bouquet: shines here, tangie-somari-grapefruit-esque, vaguely reminds of some grapefruit-diesel. When ground up an OG/kushyness manifests itself, though the lingering bouquet is still the sweet somari-esque smell; update vague OG-licorice notes, and funky overripe mangos meet with diesely notes of funk when these nugs are ground.

Taste: transfers through excellently in the volcano, in the bong as well but not as nicely as in the vape.

Flush/cure: some of the cleaner white ash from CS bud in while. Burned much cleaner than the Kosher from Easy Times I also picked up yesterday (not that, that burned dirty per se).

Effect: a sedative but clear ringing "indica-esque" buzz. Will need to smoke more in isolation to better gauge potency - that being said its assuredly strong enough for the price-tag.

Value: 9 euro per g, this is definitely in top-5 ever of CS-purchases with respect to quality/value index.

Verdict: better than anything I tried from them last month. Doesn't look the prettiest, but smell, taste and effect (especially in vape) are on point (and some) for the price! Approved. One of the more unique and complex flavors I've seen in Dam in a while (IMHO)...LEKKER
Last edited by Nuggz on Thu 7th Jul 2016 06:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

There are new block hashes at the central shop, and probably out west as well. I was told by the chatty daytime budtender that they would probably be different the next time. Stuck with tried and true WCB and the lemon one, and am now regretting not being more adventurous. But it's always like that. No AM Block at all, in either its old or recent incarnation.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

DeLeuksteNUGS16 wrote:Lavender Kush @ 9 euros per gram -
DeLeuksteNUGS16 wrote: Verdict: better than anything I tried from them last month. Doesn't look the prettiest, but smell, taste and effect (especially in vape) are on point (and some) for the price! Approved. One of the more unique and complex flavors I've seen in Dam in a while (IMHO)...LEKKER
+1 I liked it, too. Like u said one of the more unique flavors especially for that price! I never smoked real Lavender(Soma) so I don´t know how it tastes but I heard that it also had a pretty unique taste... the "Lavender Kush" from Boerejongens reminds me like you said before of a grapefruit-diesel or something. That special smell transfers good to the taste... also good effect... overall very nice :mrgreen:

Also got some of the White Choco Bloc hash but didn´t smoked it yet...
WhiteAnimal420

Post by WhiteAnimal420 »

Yeah this Lavender taste more side Diesel ...Lavender from Soma taste much smoother and better in my opinion.
felixxy

Post by felixxy »

Been here and at BIJ on Saturday (all strains could have been cured better but were nice enough)

Chico Girl Scout Cookies (12€): Purple Look and overwhelming taste, nice calyxes, a little bit too dry for my opinion but not dusty. Clean and good grow. Could be stronger but that happens when purple is in the mix. I like it and can recommend it to you as daytime and dessert smoke.

Maui Skunk (8,5€): Perfect, just perfect. Very nice skunk and kush taste and it really knocks me out. Big compact buds what can I say more...

Anemone x I don't know what. (I think it was not gorilla glue haze but something like Tangie or choco) 16€: Solid bud with a unique taste. Looks really a bit, with much fantasy, and totally high, like a underwaterplant. But definitely not worth the money.

AK OG: Is a bit moldy and rotten and dusty dry.... :'-(
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

felixxy wrote:Been here and at BIJ on Saturday (all strains could have been cured better but were nice enough)

Chico Girl Scout Cookies (12€): Purple Look and overwhelming taste, nice calyxes, a little bit too dry for my opinion but not dusty. Clean and good grow. Could be stronger but that happens when purple is in the mix. I like it and can recommend it to you as daytime and dessert smoke.

Maui Skunk (8,5€): Perfect, just perfect. Very nice skunk and kush taste and it really knocks me out. Big compact buds what can I say more...

Anemone x I don't know what. (I think it was not gorilla glue haze but something like Tangie or choco) 16€: Solid bud with a unique taste. Looks really a bit, with much fantasy, and totally high, like a underwaterplant. But definitely not worth the money.

AK OG: Is a bit moldy and rotten and dusty dry.... :'-(
Thanks for your reviews, Felixxy!
Think it's time for an old story about Boerejongens chain and mold, always take a closer look folks(like everywhere, everytime. Again and again, all unregulated gear):

https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/viewt ... it#p342744
https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/viewt ... it#p352930
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7201&p=343457&hilit#p343443
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7201&p=371741&hilit#p371741