Basjoe

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Basjoes ?

I like Basjoes
88%
I don't like Basjoes
12%

Total votes: 267

USbongLord

Re: Basjoe

Post by USbongLord »

Leo passed away peacefully.. :cry: :cry: our friend,doing the right thing was his way...

rockin into the night
Colino

Post by Colino »

treetop wrote:
Lokishadow wrote:Just came back from my Amsterdam tour. Was there to relax from work, not to make sightseeings.

Just looked here for a recommended coffeeshop that wasnt directly in the city but not far away, and wasnt so noisy.
I read load about the Basjoe how it was back in the days and decided to visit the Shop.

I really loved the shop. Between morning and evening there are 2 different atmospheres.
at morning there are 2 Girls, 1 Asian one and one "Goth" really nice and talkactive. They tell you everything about their weed you wanna know and they can answer. I was there every morning for a "Choko Moko" hot choclate with Hashish and it was very tasty.
in the evenings there were 2 guys, they were nice too but different then the girls. The guys dont take their time to explain really much.

morning music is like raggea with old music like (the son of the Preacher man) and sometimes some hiphop.
evening music is like HipHop and Techno/Gabba/Dubstep.

The Weed and Hash:
I Liked their Menu of weed and Hash very much. They werent the cheapest ones out there but also not the priciest ones.
They had an amazing Blueberry Cheese (15€/g), some really tasty OG Kush and Candy Kush(OG 12,50€/g Candy 15€/g) and if u dont want to spend this much money, they even had some really nice Edelweiss and White Widdow (8€/g)
Im not the Hashsmoker normally, but after drinking the first "Choko Moko" i had to ask whats inside, it was Honey Marroc, and i bought 1 g of the Marrok. It was one of the first Hash i really liked, cause it had such a nice smell even a little bit like real Honey.

The Openingtimes are: 10:00 - 01:00

Sorry for my bad English/Grammar if you find many wrong words or sentences you can pm me so i learn more :)
Thanks for the review. Reads like a advert for Basjoe's. I'm not sold. Had you walked 4 minutes up the canal to Greenplace you could have had Blueberry cheese for 11eu a gram. Also Kandy Kush for 15 eu a gram is one of the most expensive in town. I'm put off by the high prices. Better deals on the same weed can be found all over town. In some cases not far away either.

What is special about Basjoe's itself, it's staff or the weed to justify these prices? Once I see a menu with 2g prices only I generally walk on by anyway. Compulsory purchase as well. Nice. Also they have gutted what was one of the best coffeeshop interiors in Amsterdam. To be replaced by what? Some souless minimalist nightmare no doubt.

Winnie walked past and the place was gutted. I'd have the same feeling if I walked on by now.
My only experience after James sold it wasn't that bad. prices are for sure too high but when I smoked their weed was nice. me and a mate bought sour diesel and white choco and were both well grown and tasty. they didn't force us to buy 2 gram. I went back some days later and they didn't ask me to buy more but let me smoke my stash. if they keep it their outside patio is the best in town. So in my opinion not a bad shop at all, just isn't the same anymore
Bas

Post by Bas »

I revisited this summer, it was empty, the budtender was just some random guy who wasn't James. What else can be said.
The bud was pricey but nice. Its still proper sweet to sit out on the Patio and watch Amsterdam unfold, but them cosy evenings spent in there with that uniquely perfect atmosphere is a thing of the past! Much respect to the originals, masters of their craft!
One Spliff a day keeps the evil away..
swizzy

Post by swizzy »

It will never be the same without james there
trips to Amsterdam 19
Smokin´Brazil

Post by Smokin´Brazil »

guys, turn the page, James is NOT there anymore and we must live and accept the new reality, lets talk about the present, thats it
kiwioz

Post by kiwioz »

What's wrong with talking about past memories of great people ?

How long are the renovations expected to take to complete does anyone know?
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

heres to the past..f you brazil and james cruzin thru at the right time doin the right thing...in this case the past crushes the future :mrgreen:
rockin into the night
treetop

Post by treetop »

USBONGLORD wrote:heres to the past..f you brazil and james cruzin thru at the right time doin the right thing...in this case the past crushes the future :mrgreen:
USBL

Thank you for posting that video. Lovely place. Lovely people. Lovely weed.

Bye bye Basjoe :(
How much did you produce?
A Leprechaun

Post by A Leprechaun »

The king is dead long live the king
if you cant eat it drink it smoke it or snort it then feck it it mad sweeney
misterbelvedere

Post by misterbelvedere »

Revisted on Wednesday.

First time visit after this spot was remodeled.

It´s quite loungy and modern now. Had two grams of some kush, which was a quite a nice smoke but not as good as Kosher Kush...
hasj

Post by hasj »

I literally popped my head in last weekend. It is like a cross between Prix D'Ami and Amnesia. Nice new glass sign on Rusland side.
# on #! on #
treetop

Post by treetop »

So I found myself passing this place and it had re opened after the refurb. I went in and it was empty except for the owners sitting at the back table looking anxiously out across their CS devoid of customers on a weekday afternoon during 4/20 week.

I went in and said I wanted to have a look at the refurb then I said 'I'll have a cup of tea while I'm here.' No mention of any weed purchase needed. The weed was displayed nicely in clear plastic tubs built into the front of the bar so you can look real close at the bud. I didn't as I find the prices to be too uniformly high here. The staff were nice and friendly.

I had a cup of tea and a joint of my own stuff in the window table and took in the atmosphere. It was fine. The refurb works but is now very different with a bar running most of the way up the left hand side of the shop.

I spent most of the time staring out the window and wondering whether it was warm enough to sit outside. I tried it. It was not. I rode on. I might come back and buy something next time. Or not. The location really is superb.
How much did you produce?
geekymonkey

Post by geekymonkey »

Thanks for the video Bong!

Sweet nostalgia. I miss THAT place.
Because life is too short to smoke bad bud.
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

geekymonkey wrote:Thanks for the video Bong!

Sweet nostalgia. I miss THAT place.
We all miss THAT place; We all miss JAMES!!

Still, maybe we should let bygones be bygones!

It may not be what it was, but it sounds like it may still be not a bad place to visit.

I'm going to make a visit on my next trip. Window table sounds pretty good and outside was always pretty special!
Roo-Vee-Bo

Post by Roo-Vee-Bo »

Loved the old place.

Gave Basjoe a go in January and was not impressed unfortunately. Asked to look at a couple of the hashes and wasn't impressed as they were rock hard and honestly, to me, looked and smelled like UK soap bar. The bud-tender asked what I didn't like about them and I told him. His response was to tell me that the hardness of hash is the key to identifying the quality. Bemused I asked him to elaborate. He continued to argue that soft pliable hash was a sign of poor quality and that you should have to burn hash to get it to crumble.

Oh dear...