1e Hulp

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate 1e Hulp

I like 1e Hulp
92%
I don't like 1e Hulp
8%

Total votes: 192

ROBBODAM

Re: 1e Hulp Coffeeshop

Post by ROBBODAM »

amirsh1 wrote:
ROBBODAM wrote:Recently had the plesaure to venture to this coffeeshop. I heard rumors they might have some moonrocks for sale. At 45 euros a gram I was handed a tiny moonrock (still happy with find and purchase), I also purchased 1g of Headband to relax before bed. The only downside was the immense scorching heat in the upstairs seating area. I reccomend this place
Sory to piss on your parade mate, but moonroks is bullshit.
When breaking it to its ingredients - its not worth half the price.
1eHulp is also not to my liking - It is more of the home club to the acd FB group fanboys.
I had this Idea of what a moonrock would look like" big nug of potent strain injected and coverd in hash oil and wrapped in keif"
but I was left disapointed, this time round I am lucky enough I'll be meeting some good guys in the concentrates industry.
I fully get your point on the pricing.

BCC Member
amirsh1

Post by amirsh1 »

ROBBODAM wrote:
amirsh1 wrote:
ROBBODAM wrote:Recently had the plesaure to venture to this coffeeshop. I heard rumors they might have some moonrocks for sale. At 45 euros a gram I was handed a tiny moonrock (still happy with find and purchase), I also purchased 1g of Headband to relax before bed. The only downside was the immense scorching heat in the upstairs seating area. I reccomend this place
Sory to piss on your parade mate, but moonroks is bullshit.
When breaking it to its ingredients - its not worth half the price.
1eHulp is also not to my liking - It is more of the home club to the acd FB group fanboys.
I had this Idea of what a moonrock would look like" big nug of potent strain injected and coverd in hash oil and wrapped in keif"
but I was left disapointed, this time round I am lucky enough I'll be meeting some good guys in the concentrates industry.
I fully get your point on the pricing.
Cheers mate! It will be great if you can point me to the right places in this regard.
Obviously - if my request is out of place - feel free to disregard.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Eerste hulp is alright - it gets a lot of stick which isn't always warranted.

Yeah the crowd is often very young and the music a bit loud and hip-hop/europop but the menu has a certain something you don't often find elsewhere. LOTS of american and UK influence to the genetics that can only be matched by shops like Voyagers, Grey Area and Green Place (but rarely do they match 1e's range in terms of sheer number of options) mixed with some interesting twists on the Amsterdam classics - Soma's Amnesia can often be a blinding example.

Yes the quality of the product is up and down like everywhere else. It can vary from batch to batch and strain to strain - seemingly completely at random; like all other shops. Personally I think they always have a well curated selection of flavours at a good spread of prices; there's product for all budgets and tastes here - I've bought great bud here; and not so great. Like everywhere else.

It's also one of the nicer and comfier shops in town - so 1e Hulp is definitely worth a trip in my opinion.

Ooop post 666! Deffo worth one of these dudes :twisted:
amirsh1

Post by amirsh1 »

OneHighMofo wrote:Eerste hulp is alright - it gets a lot of stick which isn't always warranted.

Yeah the crowd is often very young and the music a bit loud and hip-hop/europop but the menu has a certain something you don't often find elsewhere. LOTS of american and UK influence to the genetics that can only be matched by shops like Voyagers, Grey Area and Green Place (but rarely do they match 1e's range in terms of sheer number of options) mixed with some interesting twists on the Amsterdam classics - Soma's Amnesia can often be a blinding example.

Yes the quality of the product is up and down like everywhere else. It can vary from batch to batch and strain to strain - seemingly completely at random; like all other shops. Personally I think they always have a well curated selection of flavours at a good spread of prices; there's product for all budgets and tastes here - I've bought great bud here; and not so great. Like everywhere else.

It's also one of the nicer and comfier shops in town - so 1e Hulp is definitely worth a trip in my opinion.

Ooop post 666! Deffo worth one of these dudes :twisted:
Well, to hear all of that from you, definitely change some things.
The atmosphere of a coffeeshop to me - is the key element of choosing where to seat and enjoy myself, or even where to spend my money Buy&Fly.
You got me second guessing myself, whether to, at least - Buy&Fly next time that i'm around.
Thank you for pointing to the other side of the coin(-:

You evil little devil you :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

I swerved this place for years after one poor experience with Temple Ball, but rediscovered it after Central stopped allowing smoking inside, because I often get into town very early in the morning. So –

Reasons to dislike 1e Hulp:

That terrible Temple Ball
Budtenders useless for advice, will recommend what they want to shift
Irritating fanclub
Gimmicky things like moonrocks

Reasons to like 1e Hulp:

Early opening
Comfortable seating
Cat
Decent selection of drinks at non-rip-off prices
Pipe screens available, wasn't charged for them (it's those little touches...)
Very good range of smokables, and it isn't just that first smoke after arrival talking: I can still vividly remember the taste of their (repeat purchase) ECSD. Also, I won't often buy hash over €12 a g, and even less often do I consider that I've made a wise decision when I succumb to the temptation, but their Nicole Bubble Hash is worth the price. And they do half grams, allowing you to sample more.

Given that all the negatives are easy enough to avoid or ignore (well, apart from the occasional regrettable purchase, but that can happen anywhere, alas), and relatively few shops have all the positives mentioned, that gives the shop an overall high rating, as far as I'm concerned.
amirsh1

Post by amirsh1 »

Fat_old_dwarf wrote:I swerved this place for years after one poor experience with Temple Ball, but rediscovered it after Central stopped allowing smoking inside, because I often get into town very early in the morning. So –

Reasons to dislike 1e Hulp:

That terrible Temple Ball
Budtenders useless for advice, will recommend what they want to shift
Irritating fanclub
Gimmicky things like moonrocks

Reasons to like 1e Hulp:

Early opening
Comfortable seating
Cat
Decent selection of drinks at non-rip-off prices
Pipe screens available, wasn't charged for them (it's those little touches...)
Very good range of smokables, and it isn't just that first smoke after arrival talking: I can still vividly remember the taste of their (repeat purchase) ECSD. Also, I won't often buy hash over €12 a g, and even less often do I consider that I've made a wise decision when I succumb to the temptation, but their Nicole Bubble Hash is worth the price. And they do half grams, allowing you to sample more.

Given that all the negatives are easy enough to avoid or ignore (well, apart from the occasional regrettable purchase, but that can happen anywhere, alas), and relatively few shops have all the positives mentioned, that gives the shop an overall high rating, as far as I'm concerned.
Done dill mate! When both of you - respectable and fine fine members - recommend not to skip it intayerly, I will stop by.
Who knows, maby from last march tiil now(And several times beforehand) something will be different for me.
Maby Evan T&T?...
I have jumped to high to queeck, will be there in November, should it be good enough as to change my opinion completely, will do that T&T next march 8)
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

@Amrish:

OHMF and FOD definitely hit the nail on the head with their commentary above. I still consider this my de facto favorite CS, though I'm past my CS glory days as a resident Amsterdammer in-training.

My biggest beefs with the shop are #1 the FB fanboy bit, that grew quite tiresome during my tenure of said fb page, and probably ultimately led to me getting nixed from the group, ah well...

The other one (and this isn't as much their fault and is more my slight against all CS) is the pricing, perhaps it ended worst in my view with 1e (despite them having some of the better pricing in town when all's said and done), was the fact that they had a few specific menu items that me putting my ear to the ground has allowed me to source more directly, so for example their current cut of Headband, I was getting a rung above on the ladder for 2/3 the price (paid 10 a g instead of 15 for the exact same batch, unfortunately this specific tap already ran dry).

Similarly, I still can get the LA Kush that was on their menu a few months back for 13, only I can snag it for 8 (again same batch different source). Of course this is the way the CS-market works, but I know it could be somewhat better because the people I source from too are often paying the same kilo price as 1e or whatever other shop it may be, and still proffering these much more honest prices. That being said there's also their various overhead costs (rent/"taxes"/etc), but I sense the industry has gotten at least a little bit greedier (and also proper fucked by the tightening grip of cultivation restrictions).

Anyway aside from the fanboy bit, my other point is nitpicky and I'm lucky enough to be in a position to have such a complaint in the first place, but no I would say don't skip 1e Hulp, like the others chimed

My current top-3, in no particular order:

De Graal
Boerjongens
1e Hulp
amirsh1

Post by amirsh1 »

DeLeuksteNUGS16 wrote:@Amrish:

OHMF and FOD definitely hit the nail on the head with their commentary above. I still consider this my de facto favorite CS, though I'm past my CS glory days as a resident Amsterdammer in-training.

My biggest beefs with the shop are #1 the FB fanboy bit, that grew quite tiresome during my tenure of said fb page, and probably ultimately led to me getting nixed from the group, ah well...

The other one (and this isn't as much their fault and is more my slight against all CS) is the pricing, perhaps it ended worst in my view with 1e (despite them having some of the better pricing in town when all's said and done), was the fact that they had a few specific menu items that me putting my ear to the ground has allowed me to source more directly, so for example their current cut of Headband, I was getting a rung above on the ladder for 2/3 the price (paid 10 a g instead of 15 for the exact same batch, unfortunately this specific tap already ran dry).

Similarly, I still can get the LA Kush that was on their menu a few months back for 13, only I can snag it for 8 (again same batch different source). Of course this is the way the CS-market works, but I know it could be somewhat better because the people I source from too are often paying the same kilo price as 1e or whatever other shop it may be, and still proffering these much more honest prices. That being said there's also their various overhead costs (rent/"taxes"/etc), but I sense the industry has gotten at least a little bit greedier (and also proper fucked by the tightening grip of cultivation restrictions).

Anyway aside from the fanboy bit, my other point is nitpicky and I'm lucky enough to be in a position to have such a complaint in the first place, but no I would say don't skip 1e Hulp, like the others chimed

My current top-3, in no particular order:

De Graal
Boerjongens
1e Hulp
I do appreciate your detaild input mate!
In the pricing area, i've actually find them to be on the lower side of scale, and the quality - as much as i have tried verius strains over there - is great compared to many other CS.
Its kind of embarrassing to admit that i've never been to De Graal.. well, will fix it within 44 days from now :D
Boerjongens is also one of my favorites.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Although we sadly only visited once here the quality of the tangie and the caboose hash spoke for themselves, top smokes the both of them. The tangie was among the very best weeds we bought there on the open market wrt potency, flush, taste, cure, everything.... Nice top three DLN, would completely agree he we could squeeze easy times in there without loosing one of the others... :D
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
godhed

Post by godhed »

Stopped in today and bought a gram of Caboose iso hash. Sat in the no smoking section and vaped some weed. Smoked some Caboose in an aqua pipe once I got back to my hotel and it has a real kick. Will try eating some. I get a real buzz from eating iso hash and it doesn't seem to have the fillers and impurities of block hash. Although I like block hash, too :D
UGman

Post by UGman »

I second the motion of "Cool Cat" by fat dwarf ; )
santementering also had a smooth cat, but sadly it gone...
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

I came here in the late afternoon, at least partly because I fancied a walk up Rozengracht that isn't a gracht, and the atmosphere is rather different from what it is at the break of day, which is when I'd recommend it. It's a bit crowded later. They were out of ECSD, so I went for Casey Jones, which turned out to be quite a good idea as a replacement. That was luck, though, as I didn't know anything about Casey Jones apart from the name, until I looked it up later. It's the sort of thing you'd hope budtenders would tell you.
free_phil_spector

Post by free_phil_spector »

I'd not visited this place before, and I dont use FB so had no idea of any 'fanclub', but I wandered in here last week as it was close to where I was staying. Overall, I liked it. I havent smoked white widow for years so it was nice to give that girl a whirl on a whim. It smelt rotten in the bag and two joints of it was enough to kick my head in. For eight euros it was a bargain.

I also liked the smoking area for comfort (ended up going back a few more times over the week mainly for a comfortable, chilled hour of smokes/hot chocolate) and the cat is a beauty. Its certainly a younger crowd but like most coffeeshops it's easy to zone out and ignore them if they're annoying you. And yeah, the motherfuckas-bitchez-n-hoes music gets a bit tiresome after a dozen tracks in a row (why do they need to swear quite so much?). But none of it bothered me really, I enjoyed my sessions in here, had a few chats with a couple of decent younguns, and the staff were really friendly too. Definitely worth a visit.
It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate - it takes guts to be gentle and kind...
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

free_phil_spector wrote:I'd not visited this place before, and I dont use FB so had no idea of any 'fanclub', but I wandered in here last week as it was close to where I was staying. Overall, I liked it. I havent smoked white widow for years so it was nice to give that girl a whirl on a whim. It smelt rotten in the bag and two joints of it was enough to kick my head in. For eight euros it was a bargain.

I also liked the smoking area for comfort (ended up going back a few more times over the week mainly for a comfortable, chilled hour of smokes/hot chocolate) and the cat is a beauty. Its certainly a younger crowd but like most coffeeshops it's easy to zone out and ignore them if they're annoying you. And yeah, the motherfuckas-bitchez-n-hoes music gets a bit tiresome after a dozen tracks in a row (why do they need to swear quite so much?). But none of it bothered me really, I enjoyed my sessions in here, had a few chats with a couple of decent younguns, and the staff were really friendly too. Definitely worth a visit.
Damn they must've finally upped the price for Intensive Care/WW to 8 per gram (for the longest time it was 7) I had recently been thinking that even though it wasn't the greatest indoor, it was still indoor and a 7 per g was the cheapest I had/have seen indoor-grown bud in any Dutch coffeeshop!
free_phil_spector

Post by free_phil_spector »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote:Damn they must've finally upped the price for Intensive Care/WW to 8 per gram (for the longest time it was 7) I had recently been thinking that even though it wasn't the greatest indoor, it was still indoor and a 7 per g was the cheapest I had/have seen indoor-grown bud in any Dutch coffeeshop!
Thanks for rubbing my nose in it :mrgreen:

I bought some more weed from here over the week but struggling to remember - pretty sure I bought some cheese and a kush. Both were okay-ish, but the white widow was definitely the better purchase purely for its price.
It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate - it takes guts to be gentle and kind...