1e Hulp

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate 1e Hulp

I like 1e Hulp
92%
I don't like 1e Hulp
8%

Total votes: 192

Ghost

1e Hulp

Post by Ghost »

ACD Page: 1e Hulp

Le Hulp Coffeeshop Marnixstraat, nice out of the way coffeeshop, over two floors, no tourist only locals visiting here,little bit of a stomp, but plenty of other shops in the area aswell.

Weed menu was ok not the best but priced well
Hash was the same.

Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
SoulRider

Post by SoulRider »

Really good locals shop with good priced weed, if not the best quality in the world, but you will not be dissappointed by it.
Just trying to be 'En Vogue'
Sir Ian of Tokesville

Post by Sir Ian of Tokesville »

My review as posted elsewhere ...

It isn't where the tourists is........

. . . handsome and practical coffeeshop with Morrocan styling on 3 levels ...basement with comfy settee and armchairs...inside door area with counter / T.V / tables and seats...upstairs rear window seating area for larger party and balcony area to lower main shop area. Hash and weed are limited to two excellent hashes (cream and Royal cream morrocan pollen) and two fine weeds ( the weed used to make the hash). Combined with a fresh coffee you won't need for more. However, if you have 'wares' on you from another coffeshop, Ask the budtender if you can buy some weed / hash from him and also smoke what you bought elsewhere. He should tell you this is o.k.I have never had a problem but I have always made sure i bought something and asked first. Just a tip. Ambience very good for newspaper and book reading, or quiet talking amongst friends. Some days there is a large crowd of local Morrocan boys watching an Amsterdam, Dutch or Morrocan football match, which can be lively and fun.. especially if you like football At other times its mostly music MTV. Never had any problem from the locals... Once they have assured themselves that I am not fair game for any anti-tourist prodding and once they have loosened up, they know how to be friendly and there is a lot of smiling. It is afterall their shop, but the bartender/s has always made me feel comfortable and safe. If you want the tourist vibe then this is not the shop for you. If you want to hear Dutch and Morrocan and French spoken and want to feel part of real Amsterdam then this the place to be. I have been using this shop for 10 years for visits and have often dropped in on a Sunday when I have asked to watch a F1 race on the TV or handed the bartender a CD to listen to which has been fine. In fact it is one of my favourite Sunday coffeeshops. Food ? Well there is none bar candy but the Bartenders have always been happy to order a cab and make a recomendation (esp Morrocan)and a reservation at a resturant for us. Key to sucess with Erste Hulp (First Aid) is enter like you know you are in the right place, but don't start to act like you are going to own the joint. Do not expect more than 2 hashes and two weeds,( they are all good)..''
Boner

Post by Boner »

SkinAnother

Post by SkinAnother »

I love this CS, if not for the weed, for the decor, ambience and local atmosphere. I spent 4 weeks in the Jordaan area in 2008 and this became my most regular CS, pretty much on a daily basis. As mentioned above, the budtenders don't mind if you smoke your own stash, so long as you buy some of theirs and ask! (i have seen someone asked to leave for whipping a bag of weed out, minutes after being told its no problem to smoke my wares purchased elsewhere). Overall a great CS, would just like to see a bit of an improvement on the selection on the menu (not to say that what is on it is not unreasonable price and quality). I am looking forward to going back there for the first time since that trip (March 29-Apr 2nd 2010). Hope this helps :)
A Weekend Wasted Is Not A Wasted Weekend.
darkglobe

Post by darkglobe »

Its on my list to visit next week...not been for a few years,but remember it being very comfortable upstairs ... 8)
"That cats something i can't explain"
SkinAnother

Post by SkinAnother »

excellent, let me know how it is now when you get back, i wish i was going next week. 5 weeks left for me to wait :(

EDIT: i love the seating upstairs, although i remember the fear of falling down those few stairs and that heavy glass door didnt help :P
A Weekend Wasted Is Not A Wasted Weekend.
Balou

Post by Balou »

Visited a couple of times on my last trip, thanks to HashDreamer. Quality shop and staff with great gear. A little bit outside the center so not as busy with tourist but very welcoming none the less.
Are you stoned? Like a gravel road bitch, like a gravel road!
wietroker

Post by wietroker »

Hung out here with a friend recently and have been back for more.

They have an extensive menu for both weed and hash. The stuff is cheap here and mostly 10 Euros or less per gram.

Very nice, high quality Maroc hash and I tried their Amnesia recently which is also good.
wietroker

Post by wietroker »

The latest batch of Amnesia here is amazing.

Some of you already know I look for bargains (what with living here) and I used to get nice €8 Amnesia from Rokerij until they started giving out Blue Cheese as Amnesia!

I have been coming to Eerste Hulp for hash and I have been sampling their €9 Amnesia and also their €11 Super Silver Haze.

Well, the Amnesia I bought two days ago is unbelievable. When the box was opened, the entire budtenders area reeked of it!

This stuff is so potent and cured so nicely. It is not super compressed but it is also not stringy. And it delivers a very strong sativa hit.

I smoke my sativas before going to sleep. I don't look for the body relaxation of indicas, I simply want to blast my brain and knock me out. Well, this stuff sure did it, I had those small moments of lost balance that I get when I smoke too much sativa!

If you are in Amsterdam right now and you like your sativas then I strongly recommend checking this batch out.
baked

Post by baked »

try my's amnesia for 8 or their ssh for 10 if you are looking for bargains.
wietroker

Post by wietroker »

baked wrote:try my's amnesia for 8 or their ssh for 10 if you are looking for bargains.
yeah thanks, already been there and tried the SSH. I just did not rate it at all but maybe I got a sh1t batch because many here also say it is good. Will check out their Amnesia, cheers.
bleak

Post by bleak »

Have been going here for the Intensive Care 5g deal (30 euros, or 6 euros a gram!). Great weed for the price!!

I like the place too, nice chilled loungey atmosphere with a Moroccan feel (cushions, lamps etc). Friendly budtender.

Its just far enough out of centrum to avoid the main tourist traffic, which is a positive for me.
kushy

Post by kushy »

thanks wietroker...

the budtender was like a nervous but proud father selling me some of the Amnesia Haze today. Lovely stuff - strong as hell 8)

Vaporized a batch earlier and it really sent me off for a long time...

It seems to be the summer for Amnesia in Amsterdam and this is a good contender for a prize, I only hope it stays this good!
wietroker

Post by wietroker »

kushy wrote:thanks wietroker...

the budtender was like a nervous but proud father selling me some of the Amnesia Haze today. Lovely stuff - strong as hell 8)

Vaporized a batch earlier and it really sent me off for a long time...

It seems to be the summer for Amnesia in Amsterdam and this is a good contender for a prize, I only hope it stays this good!
Hehe, yeah I hope so too. I picked me some more up today too! :)