Hill Street Blues (on Warmoesstraat)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

What do you reckon to Hill Street Blues?

I Like It
67%
It's Alright
27%
I Don't Like It
7%

Total votes: 147

j-roc

Re: Hill Street Blues (on Warmoesstraat)

Post by j-roc »

was there last tuesday it was empty after a police shake down ! Great milshakes that you can make your own flavour. A bit of a gem just for the fact how close it is to Centraal and that it has sofas!

zootdog

Post by zootdog »

order a hot chocolate with whipped cream, get a gram of amnesia, get a spot on the sofa. sorted.

the budtender was a litttle moody if i remember correctly, the hot chocolate wasthe best ive had in amsterdam. the weed is good but a bit of a boring menu, strains that are avalible in every shop.going back to dam in 2 days and look forward to having a look at the hill street special, anyone know what it actually is?
backstraped
dubsimon

Post by dubsimon »

Been there for the last J of my trip, bought a fast haze pre-rolled (who knows which haze, mah!) believing I would get a normal spliff. That was big man! Nice fat cone, citrus taste, sweet high: after that I was just in the mood to buy the last gifts for my family and then back to the station. Nice coffee, or, at least, a decent coffee imitation if you're Italian like me :)

Great place to chill in, menu selection was not top notch, but d'n'b vibes, nice comfy seats and very close to the station!

And what a spliff!
Roots & Culture
bobtheman

Post by bobtheman »

The nepal pollen is actually really nice here and 10 euro for a 1.5 is an absolute steal in my opinion didnt buy any weed here but my friend bought some super silver haze which he said was nice
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Yea i got some of that nepal also,There HSB was a hit & miss this time thou,KD.
Skyrat

Post by Skyrat »

been here quite a few times, the lower of the two smoking rooms being one of my favourite places to just chill. it's always nice when the doors are open across the lake/harbour thing and as mentioned a thousand times the decor is wicked, not to mention rather legendary now.

not ever bought any weed here other than their thai to use instead of tobacco when smoking hashes, although my friend once got some white widow when that asian guy was serving, and that seemed pretty strong stuff. nice smell and crumbly buds. sorry for no photo but it was a while ago!
LIL HAFFFF DEEEEEEAD
True Playa

Post by True Playa »

I never buy weed here, thought I'd look at the special last trip, powerplant...wish I hadn't bothered! Standard commercial bolllocks....
How many strains do i rip on the daily...
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

True Playa wrote:I never buy weed here, thought I'd look at the special last trip, powerplant...wish I hadn't bothered! Standard commercial bolllocks....

The HSB special used to be superb! it was my first purchase most trips! not no more i dont think :lol:,Cut a long story short it was weak & had sticks in a couple of different baggies i bought,,, Finished up just buying the nepal hash instead what was good value at only 8 euro 8).
moogle

Post by moogle »

I love chilling out here sitting in that seat by the window..nothing better then looking out at the water... Picked up some beautiful white widow back in April, it was fantastic, went back to HSB in October and tried the white widow again but it was very disappointing...the ash burned black and it was hard...definitely a sign of not being flushed properly... I will still return though...but not for the weed, I love for the decoration/cool graffiti etc.. and that seat up the back! and of course their hot chocolates...delicious! Coffee's are pretty cheap here as well... I'll be back :)
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

moogle wrote:I love chilling out here sitting in that seat by the window..nothing better then looking out at the water... Picked up some beautiful white widow back in April, it was fantastic, went back to HSB in October and tried the white widow again but it was very disappointing...the ash burned black and it was hard...definitely a sign of not being flushed properly... I will still return though...but not for the weed, I love for the decoration/cool graffiti etc.. and that seat up the back! and of course their hot chocolates...delicious! Coffee's are pretty cheap here as well... I'll be back :)

There spacecakes are good value! there polm also for the price i guess,& the nepal is pretty decent value as well! but dont buy the black hash as its not very good,& ask to check the HSB special before you buy as well! but yea like you said the drinks are pretty cheap by amsterdam standards,KD.
Zloc

Post by Zloc »

Bought som white widow fuckin shit didn't even burn
moogle

Post by moogle »

Zloc wrote:Bought som white widow fuckin shit didn't even burn
Yep we had the exact same problem with the white widow, the ash was hard and black..it would barely stay lighting... the bud was badly cured and most definitely not flushed properly...truly was horrible...which is surprising because the white widow back in April was lovely..
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Its a pitty as i used to like this place! cant help but feel my money should be buying me better than what they sell, Will try the HSB special one last time during queensday week & if its s**t i wont be back in that chain! ok the drinks are cheap but there smoke sucks ass at times,KD.
moogle

Post by moogle »

Popped in here yesterday...didnt buy any herb..not since the white widow incident last time...just a hot choclate for me..chilled out for ages though...comfey seats :)
sully

Post by sully »

As most people have said always a nice place to chill out sitting at the back on the sofas