Central

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Central

I like Central
76%
I don't like Central
24%

Total votes: 141

Fat_old_dwarf

Re: Central

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

naturaleffect wrote: Mon 11th Sep 2017 08:04 pm When I come in here, I suffer from nostalgia.
My memories of the place date from 2011, and I owe my knowledge of it to this forum, so likewise, probably. I've never had what I'd consider adulterated weed from here. It can be hit and miss -- just got some NYCD for €10something a g. Was it the best example of that strain I'd ever had? No. But neither is what I always get, or might get, from another shop costing a couple of euros more. The amnesia hash remains good, as always, though challenged in its bargain capacity by what Utopia sells at €6 (including discount for 5g).

naturaleffect

Post by naturaleffect »

naturaleffect wrote: Mon 11th Sep 2017 08:04 pm My memories of the place date from 2011, and I owe my knowledge of it to this forum, so likewise, probably.
Just something about the place. the size, shop logo, location, the wood tables, the bench, the little cement thing to the left of the door when you walk in, the opening hours, the big box :(, sitting it in now with no one smoking except for the couple of seconds a clueless person lights up and thinking about when you were able to smoke...just evokes memories.

Although most of my time today if I am there, I am usually thinking hmmm that atlas two steps away sounds really nice:)
glock23

Post by glock23 »

Central was the first coffeeshop I went to! I think it was back in 2005. I was sooo happy to smell that sweet skunky aroma from across the street for the first time. I'd just seen a stunning Turkish girl--one of the most beautiful girls I'd ever seen, and she smiled at me. :)

I talked to the budtender and got some old school Red Hair Skunk and some no name isolator hash. The skunk was quite clean and flavorful and had a very pleasant high--classic skunk. Skunk has always been a pleasant high for me because of the sativa dominant nature of the bud, but without the raciness you'd get from a pure Thai, or maybe phenos of Kali Mist!

The isolator hash had a tiny bit of white mold to it though. It was so potent it absolutely blew my head off! Best hash I'd ever had.

I would love to go to Central again, but there are so many other options! I went there a second time at some point and I think I bought Pure Power Plant that time (so I'd have a benchmark for the strain). Like the skunk, it was well grown with lots of aroma and potency and was a smooth smoke.

I do wonder what it would be like now, after all of those years. I had a good convo with an older English bloke who was rolling a hash spliff with rolling tobacco! I don't smoke much tobacco, so even thinking back to it now makes me feel kind of nauseous, and I didn't even hit his spliff. LOL
Fat_old_dwarf

Re:

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

glock23 wrote: Wed 2nd Nov 2005 07:21 am First coffeeshop I ever went to a few weeks ago. Saw it, then smelled it :) It was so weird to see people just hanging out, everyone stoned. I went in, told the dealer I wanted something that wasn't TOO strong so I could still get my shit done in a new place. He recommended the Red Hair, 12.5 for 2.5. It was decent shit, got me high enough that I was worried about my ability to get back to the hotel, and that was only after a gram. Picked up some Isolator (sp) hash from them too, 1.4 g for 12.5 I believe. Very good shit :) Very potent. Got some PP the next day...was a lil wet, but potent creeper shit, made me very paranoid :P Good service. The dealer on the second day (Wednesday) was a big white dude, not the lil black guy from Surinam on the first day.
Who says stoners can't remember things?
RobertD

Post by RobertD »

glock23 wrote: Sun 17th Sep 2017 07:32 pm Central was the first coffeeshop I went to! I think it was back in 2005. I was sooo happy to smell that sweet skunky aroma from across the street for the first time. I'd just seen a stunning Turkish girl--one of the most beautiful girls I'd ever seen, and she smiled at me. :)
Shame you didn't ask for her number. 12 years on and she's still on your mind :)
glock23

Post by glock23 »

Lol that quote of my old post spun my head around!

And yeah I should've talked to her. Maybe I'll retrace my steps and run into her :D
RobertD

Post by RobertD »

glock23 wrote: Mon 18th Sep 2017 06:17 am Lol that quote of my old post spun my head around!

And yeah I should've talked to her. Maybe I'll retrace my steps and run into her :D
Haha good luck. Real love never dies 8)
kibby

Post by kibby »

Enemy of state €9, well cured, nice floral scent like Chronic, good tackle.
SSH 9€, lovely example of strain especially for price.
Wanted to try kush hash for €6 but didnt.
Polos

Post by Polos »

I went to the Central, just before The voyagers when i arrive to AMS,

The place is not big but friendly, you cant smoke in but people smoke just in front of the shop,i take 1gr of NYC DIESEL,the BT was cool

You are allowed to roll inside, so i doo,

I Loved the taste of pure soil root indica high grade quality from the moment i light them .,!!!

so never miss this one at the start of ur trip !
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

They had 2 bouncers on the door here :shock:

They had 2 bouncers on the door here :shock:

I said it twice coz I couldn't believe it, been going here for a very very long time and can honestly say they have never had anything on the menu that warrants that kind of security.

More of a tourist buy and fly place like 90% of the centrum.
Nootram

Post by Nootram »

I said it twice coz I couldn't believe it, been going here for a very very long time and can honestly say they have never had anything on the menu that warrants that kind of security.
Maybe for safety issues? I don't know, it can get quite crowded, even pretty early in the day sometimes.

Anyways, they had a decent batch of Lemon Haze yesterday for 8.10€/g, was a nice surprise to be honest. Amnesia hash is still a regular purchase and I also like the Top Sahara there.
Billyjoe

Post by Billyjoe »

Nootram wrote: Thu 14th Jun 2018 10:56 pm
Maybe for safety issues? I don't know, it can get quite crowded, even pretty early in the day sometimes.

Anyways, they had a decent batch of Lemon Haze yesterday for 8.10€/g, was a nice surprise to be honest. Amnesia hash is still a regular purchase and I also like the Top Sahara there.
You are right about Top Sahara, batches seems to be very constant about quality, 6.20 euro for a very good old school Moroccan hash, the best quality/price wise in town for me (for an old school hash), better than the tweede kamer’s king Hassan.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Billyjoe wrote: Sat 16th Jun 2018 07:11 pm You are right about Top Sahara, batches seems to be very constant about quality, 6.20 euro for a very good old school Moroccan hash, the best quality/price wise in town for me (for an old school hash), better than the tweede kamer’s king Hassan.
Nice to hear. Personaly I tried the Top Sahara one time (nearly a year ago or so) and I prefered the King Hassan from Tweede Kammer over it but it wasn´t bad... if I remember right it had a decent taste but the King Hassan was heavier and gave me a better effect.

But to be honest the quality of the King Hassan change a lot... you never know what you get but every time it was at least worth the price... in the last time it wasn´t as good as it was but still a good deal...
deebzy75

Post by deebzy75 »

had the la con 10.50 it was a nice first smoke after a long train journey..

mate had 2g of sahara and 2g amnesia..both very good especially price-wise

he hasnt been to mokum for 4 years and was amazed by the quality for 6 a gram.....as you know other places may vary

but this seems to be holding it down with no crazy price increases

dont think they need 5 bods behind the counter though but i suppose its security :wink:
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

The Amnesia Hash was particularly good last time I was in town at the beginning of the month, as I might have guessed from the fact that the person ahead of me got the last of it, and I had to come back later. By contrast the KH from Tweede Kamer hasn't been up to scratch lately, at least when I've had a look at it. Still, things change pretty quickly.