Kooi (formerly Old Amsterdam)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Do you like Old Amsterdam?

I Like Old Amsterdam
80%
I Don't Like Old Amsterdam
20%

Total votes: 35

Bob2

Re: Old Amsterdam

Post by Bob2 »

went over a year ago during cup. i remember going there about a decade before but nothing else. so red diesel white lemon or cheese and mate got 2 different strains and wow. all 4 strains had a few things in common NO BLOODY FLUSH, wouldnt smoke at all. i was wasted beforehand and didnt smell (i know) but the worst 4 strain i have EVER TRIED in DAM in my life it even bests paradise, i thought that would be impossible. so my worst coffeeshop in dam award goes to old amsterdam if you go try the red diesel well try to smoke it in a joint

RHYSO

Post by RHYSO »

Last visit was 2 hrs ago and the House special Maroc was the standout smoke of the trip. Absolute wipeout.

Jumping on a plane in 2 days
MrNice257

Post by MrNice257 »

Was here a few months ago and bought the blue cheese 0.8/12€. It smells very very nice berry/cheesy but it tasted only like cheese but it was top notch weed very tasty! Did anyone tried the skywalker kush or chocolope & white cheese? I'm in town at june 4th and they have some nice group deals :mrgreen:

BTW: The budtender was very friendly he showed us the blue cheese then he grab a nice nug and break em in the middle to let us smell!
ROSSGSY

Post by ROSSGSY »

Hi there I was in town last week and for the whole trip this shop was closed, it's a shame really as this was one of our favourite coffee shops as it was the first we went too and the owner Marco is such a nice guy, does anyone know if it is still open for business?
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Given FBN's page has a menu from February last year and doesn't indicate otherwise that the shop should be closed we would say that there is a good chance you just got unlucky... Some, however, would probably call it in fact lucky as the quality and service has had some rough reviews on here over the years, but never tried ourselves, so couldn't say.
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
ROSSGSY

Post by ROSSGSY »

Yes there is a woman who works there aswell who isn't overly friendly, but Marco the Lebanese man is lovely always friendly, and yes the weed is all pre bagged etc it was more for old times sake, I've read some bad reviews about the place and compared to the other coffee shops it's a bit drab and old school but we have never had a bad experience there
Leonz

Post by Leonz »

Often it depends how you approach staff.
Imagine working there surrounded by stoned people. :P
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Both this shop and the seed shop next door looked very closed when I passed by last week. They're either undergoing major renovations or shut permanently.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Fat_old_dwarf wrote: Mon 9th Oct 2017 04:23 am Both this shop and the seed shop next door looked very closed when I passed by last week.
I can confirm that. I saw it while I was sitting in a tram... if I saw it right (out of the tram) there were still tables, seats and so on inside so hopefully it´s not closed permanently :? I only was there one time and the dealer lady was pretty rude so I never went there again but every coffeeshop that have to close is really sad... another possibility would be that they sold their license and maybe there comes a "new" coffeeshop with new owner :wink:
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Marok21 wrote: Mon 9th Oct 2017 09:17 pmanother possibility would be that they sold their license and maybe there comes a "new" coffeeshop with new owner :wink:
Well, there's something new. Coffeeshop Kool now exists next to the closed Old Amsterdam location. I looked in briefly, saw high prices combined with a 2g minimum, and left.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Here's a pic. Maybe someone staying near Rembrandtplein can check it out more thoroughly than I could be bothered to do.

Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

Yeah that seems to have replaced Old Amsterdam @ no 35. Not sure I've ever seen that bit next door looking open.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I saw a menu pic on instagram and its similar to Goa and Basjoes menu... seems like there is another coffeeshop chain in the game :roll: and they focus on the so called "Cali Weed" :evil: Well the pics of the interior decoration looks very special:

Well I wasn´t a fan of Coffeeshop Old Amsterdam but it´s bad when it´s replaced by a coffeeshop chain that focus so much on that totaly overpriced "Cali Weed"...
Fat_old_dwarf wrote: Sat 10th Mar 2018 07:54 am Coffeeshop Kool now exists next to the closed Old Amsterdam location
I noticed that it´s named "Coffeeshop Kooi".
Ghost

Re: Kooi (formerly Old Amsterdam)

Post by Ghost »

SoulRider wrote: Fri 3rd Apr 2009 09:25 pm ACD Page: Kooi (formerly Old Amsterdam)

This is a very sad and very proud moment for me. Very sad in that this thread has not already been created but very proud in that I get to start a thread on an undiscovered trasure of Amsterdam.

I found this coffeeshop out today after Stenman's post about the White Cheese. I got there and as I walked in, the dealer, a very friendly Lebonese (sic) guy, Marco pulled out the menu. I explained I wanted the White Cheese which I had read on the forum wasn't on the menu. He smiled and pulled out the White Cheese. He said this is all he smokes. If he doesn't have this, he is very sad when he has to smoke another.

Here's a pic of that White Cheese that i took all those years ago and that made SoulRider head out that way :!:

Had Good Times Here :mrgreen:
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D