Kooi (formerly Old Amsterdam)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Do you like Old Amsterdam?

I Like Old Amsterdam
80%
I Don't Like Old Amsterdam
20%

Total votes: 35

SoulRider

Kooi (formerly Old Amsterdam)

Post by SoulRider »

ACD Page: Kooi (formerly Old Amsterdam)

This is a very sad and very proud moment for me. Very sad in that this thread has not already been created but very proud in that I get to start a thread on an undiscovered trasure of Amsterdam.

I found this coffeeshop out today after Stenman's post about the White Cheese. I got there and as I walked in, the dealer, a very friendly Lebonese (sic) guy, Marco pulled out the menu. I explained I wanted the White Cheese which I had read on the forum wasn't on the menu. He smiled and pulled out the White Cheese. He said this is all he smokes. If he doesn't have this, he is very sad when he has to smoke another.

It is €12g or €25 fir 2.2g I went for the 2.2g option :) I went and sat down with Ray and a chocomel each. I rolled a White Cheese spliff. Ray's words summed it up nicely "WoW that hit me lilke a train" It was intense and fantastic, this was really good weed. I got Ray to roll another one while I got talking to Marco. He showed me through all the weeds he had that were "off menu". Blue Cheese - Fantastic Buds, Lovely smell and crystals. Every bud of every weed he showed me was covered in lovely crystals. He broke each weed open and placed it in my hand to investigate and smell. He showed me Cheese which is on the menu, and Dominator or dynamite or something, which he says he smokes instead of White Cheese when it's out.

He was also talking about another new weed called Sunrise Haze I went back down and smoked the other White Cheese spliff with Ray and then started to roll a third. Marco came over with a joints worth of Sunrise Haze and said "Smoke that. It's not as strong as the White Cheese, but it is very nice.

Nice is the right word, as I finished rolling the 3rd White Cheese, and put it to one side to build and smoke the Sunrise Haze. It certainly wasn't as strong as the White Cheese, but it was lovely and clear with a soft citrus taste. Very nice we both thought. We skipped out, after a free chocomel, and began the walk back. About halway I sparked up the White Cheese spliff. That was a mistake if ever there was one. We were utterly bolloxed, we couldn't walk in straight lines, we could barely walk!! I thought back to what Marco had said "I like it because it gets you stoned and you feel it from head to toe". Well we could certainly feel it in our heads and our toes!!

Ray commented it was like he was wearing concrete boots, but agreed I was closer to my remark "It's like walking in moon boots. Their not really heavy, but awkward and bouncy. We eventually staggerred back to my room and I am sitting here typing this while Ray recovers on the bed. This is the best weed in the world (in my opinion :) ) This is my new favorite coffeeshop.

I have said I will also organise another Meet and Greet around 420 in this wonderful coffeeshop. Drinks are a touch pricey at €2.50, but premuim weed is €12g. Cold drinks only. Vending machine but also drinks at bud counter.

Will create a seperate topic for the M&G.

Just trying to be 'En Vogue'
Boner

Post by Boner »

Anything about the genetics of the White Cheese or were you too excited? ;)
Rasa

Post by Rasa »

Nice post Soulrider, ill definately have to check this place out in July, specially that white cheese. Where is the shop located?
Rasa

Post by Rasa »

Nvm, just saw the shop located on the CS map, but Soulrider if there is anychance you could take a picture of there menu next time your in there it would be appreciated, according to the reviews it has over 22 different varieties of both hasj and weed

-Rasa
Twichaldinho

Gets my vote

Post by Twichaldinho »

Thanks for reminding me of this place STENMAN/SoulRider :!:

Old Amsterdam is a great coffeeshop IMO.
I've been twice when it was open, and allowed you to sit in, and once when It was pick up only ( don't know why it was pick up only but the Tender insisted we couldn't sit in?)
The first time I bought some Very nice herb called Marley's collie.... or Marley's Finest.... Finest I think.
The second time was last June, bought the White Rhino ( I'm sure It had been Recomended by Courtjester in a trip report).
Very Strong herb, It was mostly shake in the tub but I bought a gram anyhow.
It's a big shop if I remember right with a big open front window. Big comfy seat right in front of said window.
Massive menu, although the twice I bought, alot of the selections were sold out.
I think I might have to pop back in.....the alure of the whitecheese... :lol:
Endure
Cheech & Chong

Post by Cheech & Chong »

making this our first stop on our next trip mmm white cheese :)
"Spark this sucker up, we get chineese eyes!"
SoulRider

Post by SoulRider »

Cheech & Chong wrote:making this our first stop on our next trip mmm white cheese :)
Too far out for a first stop, and the White Cheese is not recommended for a first smoke, in the dam, or in the morning :p
SoulRider

Post by SoulRider »

Boner wrote:Anything about the genetics of the White Cheese or were you too excited? ;)
Didn't ask about genetics, but having smoked a lot of white widow and rhino recently, the white taste is there, but it mixes and is very simlar to the fruity taste of the cheese.

Could be white rhino or widow with cheese, but only guessing. Will try and find out it's full history :)
liquidSwords

Post by liquidSwords »

SoulRider wrote:
Boner wrote:Anything about the genetics of the White Cheese or were you too excited? ;)
Didn't ask about genetics, but having smoked a lot of white widow and rhino recently, the white taste is there, but it mixes and is very simlar to the fruity taste of the cheese.

Could be white rhino or widow with cheese, but only guessing. Will try and find out it's full history :)
Recently round my way (east London) i;'ve been getting hold of some quality bud which people were called Cheeno (Cheese x White Rhino), im wondering if this weed from Old Amsterdam is infact what ive been smoking for the last couple of weeks :D :D sadly its all run out now :cry:
Excuse me while I light my Spliff.....
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

I agree with Soulrider, great little shop,i have been visiting here for bout 8years now, and yes Andy's right the budtender is a mellow guy so so friendly. Always come here every visit, you got any news on the opening times as it seems to always change Soul? Not to many tourists here either.
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
darkglobe

Post by darkglobe »

SoulRider wrote:
Cheech & Chong wrote:making this our first stop on our next trip mmm white cheese :)
Too far out for a first stop, and the White Cheese is not recommended for a first smoke, in the dam, or in the morning :p
Actually it might be a good idea for C&C,cos then they may be too fucked to spend all their money on the first day... :D :wink:

Seeya there SR... 8)
"That cats something i can't explain"
Cheech & Chong

Post by Cheech & Chong »

darkglobe wrote:
SoulRider wrote:
Actually it might be a good idea for C&C,cos then they may be too fucked to spend all their money on the first day... :D :wink:

Seeya there SR... 8)

LMAO!!!!!!!! the only problem with me is im more or less immune to smoking, it takes alot to get me stoned ask lampshade lol but im so excited about this white cheese that im comming over to investigate for myself in june :D :D

Chong
"Spark this sucker up, we get chineese eyes!"
Puffin13

Post by Puffin13 »

Anyone know what time this shop opens? I went by there today @ 1100 and they were closed. :cry: I wanted to try some of that White Cheese also. Thanks for the recommendation, SoulRider. :wink: Peace.
Cannabis is The Tree of Life
SoulRider

Post by SoulRider »

I got there at gone 1pm but they were still shut. I think it is just 1 guy so he only works maybe 8 hours a day :) The White Cheese is not a daily smoke, and it is way too strong, if you don't smoke reguarly I'd recommend avoiding it as a whitey may ensue.

Not directed at you of course Puffin13, just a general piece of advice for all. :)
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Best time for this shop norm is about 3pm, thats when i normally catch him
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D