Kooi (formerly Old Amsterdam)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Do you like Old Amsterdam?

I Like Old Amsterdam
80%
I Don't Like Old Amsterdam
20%

Total votes: 35

BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Nice place, comfy seating, friendly staff... didnt get a vid of the menu as it was all prepacked.

The blueberry was very nice and a great deal, check it out on the link below... me and my stash for the day ;)

http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueBerryAM ... ffyUxILVOE

Enjoy!

BlueBerry

kermist82

Post by kermist82 »

Almost my favourite place now.

Male bud tender is very nice and has time for customers! Marco is sound!

Buds I smoked where very well cured, I highly recommend this place.

Will be back for some:
Blueberry, Chocolope Gold, Dutch Diamonds or the Buddah Sister ;)

Will be back, cya see soon Marco.
johnthomann

Re: Old Amsterdam

Post by johnthomann »

Picked up some White Russian and Big budda which were both nice. Wasnt too pleased with the tender as i saw a bit of an attitude so i didnt hang around
Lisou Space Cakes

Re:

Post by Lisou Space Cakes »

TwoCanucks wrote:Old Amsterdam is officially on our list for April 2010.

I really can't believe we missed this shop, but it seems to me we walked past it at least twice without notice.

Once on our way to Rembrandtplein, and stopping at Stix. Shame.

I'm the same way.....I was on the way to the Greenhouse (Waterlooplein) from Stix when i stopped in next door at Arabica Lounge out of sheer curiousity.... Shoulda kept walking a few doors down :x
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

27/7/11 - place was pritty packed out, but Marco still gave a great service.

3g Blueberry - good smoke and great value for money.
2.2g RedDiesal -a great smoke, with a lovely taste, great last thing at night.One of the top smokes :mrgreen:
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Spaldwickapeface

Post by Spaldwickapeface »

Towards the end of one of our long strolls around the city heading over the Magere Brug towards the Rembrantplein we stopped in Old Amsterdam for some 'light refreshments'. It looked as if it would have to be a hit and run as it was so busy, but my friend managed to spy the small table at the back that we could squase round.

The tea and coffee was machine based so we all opted for soft drinks, can't go wrong with a cold can of cola right. The product menu however was extensive, there must have been at least ten choices of weed and hash respectively. I as per-usual paid little attention to the weed section and went straight to the hash, they had several choices of Moroccan, Handrub and Dutch. They were not selling it by the gram but in €12 bags, the weights looked fair even for the icolator; they had an option for I think €25 and €100 aswell. I selected a hash that the €12 amount was exactly a gram so it made little difference to me anyhow. It was called Magic Polom. I only choose it because the description said 'visual high, IT'S MAGIC!!!' this made me chuckle and think of a picture I once drew of Paul Daniels smoking a joint.

When we sat down there was not much room but we quickly rolled up a couple of joints, I remember using the wrong bag and rolling some blonde hash I had instead. I put the lump I just bought in my skinning up box that I carry and forgot about it. Like I mentioned earlier it was busy in the shop and we did have the worst seats in the house so were quite uncomfortable, we just smoked up and continued on our way. A rather unremarkable coffeeshop experiance.

Having got home I found the 'Magic polom' what a plesant surprise for me! We can not get nice hash here but I did not think it looked as good as the majority of the other grams I had picked up in Holland, plus I was dubious of its visual claim being a tourist trick to get you to buy a more expensive hash and I had fallen for it. Well I was not going to waste it was I, so I fired a little in a bong and set out with the dog. The English spring never looked better, I did not want the walk to end. So in the end I kind of savoured the forgotten gram and made it last. Try it and see for yourself; but in my opinion it works best when smoked exclusively, the time I smoked some of our local cheese first I noticed the effects less.

I can not be to critical of the seating as there were nice sofas by the window but first come first serve. The drinks on offer did let this place down but the weed selection was good and from my experiance top product, I guess this is the main reason we choose these paticular cafes to frequent. In conclusion I will defenatly try something else from the shop, probably just on a take out bases, maybe i'll add a gram of Magic Polom to my shopping list for old times sake as well!! 3.75/5
I like bananas, monkey nuts and grapes. That's why they call me Sam of the apes
Seifenblase

Post by Seifenblase »

weve bought 1 g of red diesel, which was a pretty trippy awesome weed.

the shop was crowded and seemed narrow. it had wooden banks which werent too comfortable. the inside was rather dark which wasnt what we were looking for so weve just had one red diesel joint and left after that.
baked.com

Post by baked.com »

Nice place,I called and it was empty,nice selection of weed,had weed called Buda something real nice stone,just sat at window people watching,only bad thing was no fresh coffee,just a machine,
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

Found it dark and dingy and not too friendly. Won't be back!

They must have known I came for the Arabica Lounge which is closed. It seems they've somehow moved to 480 Prisengracht as Tops!
la2019

Post by la2019 »

Anyone happen to know when this shop opens? We're staying right around the corner and would love to know if this could be our first shop of the day...Thanks!
Colino

Post by Colino »

la2019 wrote:Anyone happen to know when this shop opens? We're staying right around the corner and would love to know if this could be our first shop of the day...Thanks!
think 10am but not sure
spliffy360

Post by spliffy360 »

i have to say this was the worst coffee shop i went in. The women behind the counter was rude and foul. the menu was slammed on the counter at me. i bought some average weed and left as soon as possible. i would not go back here
orle

Post by orle »

she was foul, huh? the only CS where i'd expect fowl is Bluebird

..i''ll get me coat
Adamster

Post by Adamster »

I see that on the menu they have this 115euro deal i wonder if they would sell ya the 12gs for 115 like marked :?: :wink: http://coffeeshopmenus.org/Old%20Amster ... erdam.html
billyriz

Post by billyriz »

spliffy360 wrote:i have to say this was the worst coffee shop i went in. The women behind the counter was rude and foul. the menu was slammed on the counter at me. i bought some average weed and left as soon as possible. i would not go back here
She was rude and foul
Slammed menu on counter
showed you average weed
why the hell did you still buy the weed?