Cookies (Greenhouse)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Blue Velvet

I like Blue Velvet
88%
I don't like Blue Velvet
13%

Total votes: 40

sellvegas

Re: Greenhouse Lounge (formerly Blue Velvet)

Post by sellvegas »

greenhouse is normally good - they have some awesome strains for the most part that are once again for the most part ALL QUALITY - there are some that are meh - but all in all a plus in my book.. going there for breakfast or early morning can be a trip tho because they dont seem to think very well or fast in the morning lol

dubsimon

Post by dubsimon »

sellvegas wrote:greenhouse is normally good

I'm well aware of that, the stuff bought by my other friends was very good, and the previous time I've been there (namaste shop) I remember getting some lemon skunk and trainwreck which actually left me a nice memory of greenhouse. Everyone can make mistakes, I suppose!
Roots & Culture
geordiephil

Post by geordiephil »

bought king hassan polm 1g 11e,origanally went in for the ecc hash but they had none not to worry the king hassan will do,turned out to be good buy really enjoyed a joint of this so back up sat for another g for send home,while there the ecc hash was back in,so bought another g of the king hassan polm and exodus cheese cream hash 1g 18e!!! ouch,back at hotel before a shower i knocked one up out the ecc and wow this is some tasty stuff and has a lovely effect maybe a bit pricey but i would def class it as special if you not tried it yet give it a go you wont be disappointed
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

=)
The Dude!
Con-er-sir

Post by Con-er-sir »

I've gotta say that really enjoyed my Greenhouse trip this weekend. The Exodus Cheese tasted like Bluebirds Blue Cheese to me, and nothing like exodus examples I have had in the past, was still a nice smoke though. The lemon was really nice this time as well. Good selection in stock at the moment.

It maybe commercial and have a bad reputation, but right now Greenhuse has the goods!
Dreadlock-Boy

Post by Dreadlock-Boy »

Probably my favorite coffee shop. Bought a gram of arjans ultra haze and i-Buddha. The i-Buddha was the bees knees, nice solid dry bud and a massive deal. Heft price tag of 15euros tho, but was worth every penny. The haze was a disappointment, mostly crumb. Very big place, can be annoying when its busy so try and go if its fairly empty. Nice friendly staff and they do great hot chocolates and coffees. Recommend for anyone, only if its quiet dont bother staying if its busy. 10/10
Colino

Post by Colino »

Went to the one in Haarlemmerstraat. I totally dislike greenhouse but I wanted to try some of their hash. I opted for 10 euro of Mexican sativa hash blond hash for 0.55g and 10euro Of maroccan shoe darker. they were both top hashes but by far overpriced. didn't particulary like the taste of the mexican but it was incredibly soft and strong stone effect 8/10. the shoe ws better tasting, I think something like pakistani oplants grown in morocco soft and sweet 8/10. My mate bought a 0,5g of Manali Jungli cream for 10Euro. very very strong and tipical indian hash, maybe the best you can find in amsterdam
archtop1971

Post by archtop1971 »

Visited there on 3/13.
Loved the place.
Especially the Koi swimming in a fish tank that was constructed in the floor.
Awesome and the smoke and the whole staff was also fantastic as well.
Definetly will be back I hope maybe Oct. or Nov. 2013.
If not, most likely March or April in 2014.
Cannot wait. :mrgreen:
bundy1983

Post by bundy1983 »

I loved this coffeeshop. Really nice inside and very busy too.
Opus132

Post by Opus132 »

sellvegas wrote:greenhouse is normally good - they have some awesome strains for the most part that are once again for the most part ALL QUALITY - there are some that are meh - but all in all a plus in my book.. going there for breakfast or early morning can be a trip tho because they dont seem to think very well or fast in the morning lol

I know exactly what you mean about the Greenhouses' morning service, particularly the one in the RLD. They just aren't morning people, I guess. I've been to the RLD shop a few times when they opened (after pulling all-nighters) and, with a world-weary look, they always told me to come back after 30 minutes. The one on the Harlemmerstraat is a but roomier, with a few theme rooms: Egyptian, Dutch and African. They usually have quality gear, especially the Hawaiian Snow if it's available. Occasionally their stuff can be a bit disappointing, but that's relative because I hold them to the highest standard in light of their marketing and awards.
Turn off your mind, relax and float downstream. - John Lennon
Nephixx

Post by Nephixx »

Didn't stay in here for a smoke because it was too busy, couldnt get a seat. tried a few strains from here

Flowerbomb Kush- Unmemorable, i literally only bought it because it's a cup winner, and wish i'd spent my money on something else. It wasn't awful, just not amazing, can't put my finger on it. 4/10

Serious 6 - I decided I wanted to try this after seeing a thread on here, really uplifting and had me walking around town until I got blisters, and then i didnt care! 8/10

Chemdog Cream - Smoked this as a wake and bake and messed me up suitably for the day. really really soft, i spent ages making little shapes with it. 8/10

Manali Jungly Cream - This I could smoke all day long. it broke up so easily, and it felt as though if you squeezed it liquid would come out. definitely my cup of tea, expensive but worth it. i might go for a 5g deal next time. 9/10

i'd come back, for hash but i'll get my bud elsewhere.
"Let no man make laws for me"
Spaldwickapeface

Post by Spaldwickapeface »

Nephixx wrote:Chemdog Cream - Smoked this as a wake and bake and messed me up suitably for the day. really really soft, i spent ages making little shapes with it. 8/10

Really want to try this hash, by the sounds of it from the reviews I have read it would appear to be wort every €
I like bananas, monkey nuts and grapes. That's why they call me Sam of the apes
Roo-Vee-Bo

Post by Roo-Vee-Bo »

Always visit the Greenhouse establishments on my trips as, in my opinion, they consistently stock top grade hash. After seeing the reviews on here I will definitely give the Serious 6 a go.
archtop1971

Post by archtop1971 »

Had a nice time there.
It is good to see that the Koy are still alive and healthy as well.
The budtender was very cool to me.
I had mentioned to him that I did not smoke for almost 25 years because of my profession(Random Drug testing in N.Y.)
Forgot what he advised me on and also rolled it for me because I have Hand tremors.
Also had a Bannana shake to wash down the joint.
But a little crowded.
Will try to stop by on my next trip. :mrgreen:
Lemon Haze

Post by Lemon Haze »

Grabbed 2 grams of their monthly special, Cave Kush. Best Indica of my trip, strong, not too much couch lock, relaxing stone. Really liked this strain, bit pricey at 18e per gram, but beat anything else out there besides the KandyDential that I've tried this week, for indicas at least.
"Drugs induce paranoia and psychosis in people who have never taken any." Terence McKenna