Katsu

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

do you like coffeeshop katsu?

i like it
92%
i don't like it
8%

Total votes: 254

Supervaporizerman

Re: Katsu

Post by Supervaporizerman »

Sure I agree with that it was just a comment that I'd had a similar experience, although in my case just with one customer who clearly took a dislike to me.

Let's be clear no one is saying Katsu is unfriendly to tourists, the staff are really cool and I've never had an issue with them.

And to be honest most of the customers are likewise.

The weed is great, the hash is great though better if you like a Sativa type hash, and the staff and owner are great. Let's leave it at that. I'm equally happy to delete my comment but I think all I did was to relate one experience. I must say Katsu was my favourite for a couple of visits to De Pijp, and I still like it. Anyway I've deleted my earlier comment as it was just one customer and a one off and I wouldn't want to put anyone off what is a great coffeeshop.

Thanks

MrNice257

Post by MrNice257 »

Have someone tried the Sour OG? And can anyone give me a recommendation on theyre haze weeds? Thank you guys!
Supervaporizerman

Dr Grinspoon is a real high haze, Mango Haze has a real mango taste and pretty strong, maybe stronger than the Amnesia here. Lovely stuff.

Not tried the Sour OG sorry, had some lovely Headband here but not currently on the menu.

Cheers
MrNice257

Post by MrNice257 »

Ok next time i will try the mango haze :D The last time i was there the grinspoon has no smell i hope the batches are better this weekened :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PS: Had the mango just a mango/fruity taste or is it mango/hazy?
Supervaporizerman

To me it was really Mango fruity with a bit of haze but it depends on the batch. I am a big haze fan so maybe I don't notice the hazeyness so much.

I agree on the Grinspoon, often it is better at Amnesia but last time it was the other way around and the Grinspoon from Katsu was excellent, with a real citrus aroma, strong and clean. As always just have to smell it I guess and it sounds like your nose doesn't lie :-)
Supervaporizerman

Also I do wonder if sometimes the weed loses some of its freshness and smell sitting in the pre-weighed bags....
spliphy2

Post by spliphy2 »

Supervaporizerman wrote:Also I do wonder if sometimes the weed loses some of its freshness and smell sitting in the pre-weighed bags....
unlikely, or prebagged is certainly better than the tubs. wzs at amenesia last night and the tender was a bit too accomodating in my book. without me asking, he invited me to touch and feel the scraggly buds in the tub. the only reason to touch buds before buying is to check for moisture content-so that the buyer doesnt get stuck with undryed buds. more and more the tenders are accomodating, sometimes too far. i dont want buds that have been felt up from others grubby hands.
Supervaporizerman

Fair point I can live without pre-fondled buds :?

Not had that experience so hopefully you inspire trust in people. Wouldn't like to think it's been through multiple hands before but you never know....

Cheers
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Picked up a 10€ bag (1.2 grams) of Amnesia Hiya, a nice Moroccan hash, produced from Amnesia plants grown there.

Very nice price tag for what it is. It has a nice taste, smell and appearance; but what really stands out is the effect it delivers, very similar to its parent strain, uplifting clear euphoric high. Very smooth buzz with less 'body load' (heavy narcotic stone) than even other sativa dominant hashes.

In the same way that the cheese pollen from bluebird smells just like its parent strain, this one delivers a buzz like its parent strain. A quite potent one at that, I would say this is def more potent than amnesia flowers, which makes sense if it was produced from real amnesia plants. And being under 10 a gram it's a terrific value for Amsterdam standards. This will very likely become my new go to Moroccan hash which is quite fitting because amnesia is my go to strain for nugs so yeah... check it out, good shit!
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Picked up a 10€ bag (1.2 grams) of Amnesia Hiya, a nice Moroccan hash, produced from Amnesia plants grown there.

Very nice price tag for what it is. It has a nice taste, smell and appearance; but what really stands out is the effect it delivers, very similar to its parent strain, uplifting clear euphoric high. Very smooth buzz with less 'body load' (heavy narcotic stone) than even other sativa dominant hashes.

In the same way that the cheese pollen from bluebird smells just like its parent strain, this one delivers a buzz like its parent strain. A quite potent one at that, I would say this is def more potent than amnesia flowers, which makes sense if it was produced from real amnesia plants. And being under 10 a gram it's a terrific value for Amsterdam standards. This will very likely become my new go to Moroccan hash which is quite fitting because amnesia is my go to strain for nugs so yeah... check it out, good shit!
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

gapie

Post by gapie »

3 same posts delete 2 posts thnx
GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
Babbalonian

Post by Babbalonian »

MrNice257 wrote:Have someone tried the Sour OG? And can anyone give me a recommendation on theyre haze weeds? Thank you guys!

I had the Sour OG Kush at the end of June from Katsu - as well as the lovely Mango Haze.

Bought it on the 4th of 5 days and thought it looked nice (pic in my travelogue). Best thing was though I felt the hit in the forehead immediately. Even after 4 days of smoking. The bud gave a lovely stone with a super relaxed feeling that lasted for a few hours. One of the best indica's of my trip :mrgreen:

Would buy again given half a chance! :D
"I am Queen's Boulevard."
Supervaporizerman

I think that sour OG Kush sounds like my cup of t. I have a feeling I bought and then lost a bag last time I was there without experiencing it :oops:

I like something sour and although more of a sativa fan something somewhere in between even with more of an indica leaning is good if the feeling is of a high quality.

Think my best friend who is joining me this time out will also see the light.... considering a duet style travelogue with Katsu definitely on the agenda.

Cheers for the tip Babbalonian.... peace
Babbalonian

Post by Babbalonian »

Supervaporizerman wrote:I think that sour OG Kush sounds like my cup of t. I have a feeling I bought and then lost a bag last time I was there without experiencing it :oops:

I like something sour and although more of a sativa fan something somewhere in between even with more of an indica leaning is good if the feeling is of a high quality.

Think my best friend who is joining me this time out will also see the light.... considering a duet style travelogue with Katsu definitely on the agenda.

Cheers for the tip Babbalonian.... peace
Have a great trip buddy. I'd be amazed if the Sour OG didn't push a few buttons at least. :P

And if you're after a good sativa then the Killing Fields at Betty Too was a lovely tasty high. Looked AMAZING as well :mrgreen:
"I am Queen's Boulevard."