Katsu

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

do you like coffeeshop katsu?

i like it
92%
i don't like it
8%

Total votes: 254

godhed

Re: Katsu

Post by godhed »

Fat_old_dwarf wrote:Went for a first smoke there rather than 1e Hulp, as it was later than usual, and it was more convenient for my plan to start in de Pijp and go north. Royal Nepal is still tasty and packs a kick, but with weed I went for a Sour Diesel that must be new, because I can't find it on the latest menu. The bag is labelled Sour Diesel B.B., but I've forgotten what it stands for. Acceptable, though not as tasty as other Sour Diesels I've had. I'd decided to pass on my usual opening Dr Grinspoon with the intention of trying Paradox's version, which may have been a Major Mistake. Also tried the Marrakesh Special, €20 for 4g, after a local bought some while I was dithering. Excellent value for money, soft and smooth. Smoked in the back room, and what with the 60s posters and the music being played, I had the feeling I was drifting back into the past, and wasn't music better then – Jefferson Airplane suited my mood better than the ubiquitous hip-hop would have done. Then they played the Monkees, and God help us the Archies, and I decided the present wasn't that bad after all. I do love this place.
Their musical tastes can be quite sadistic. I heard "Happy" here for the first time. The horror, the horror :crazy:

MrNice257

Post by MrNice257 »

Hi guys did anyone tried the kuchi? They did not have good weed in the past in my opinion(nothing is really special). The kuchi is the only reason i will visit katsu this saturday or not :mrgreen:

BTW: What about katsus orange bud? Is it the real orange bud with the real taste like back in the days?
DedsOne

Post by DedsOne »

MrNice257 wrote:Hi guys did anyone tried the kuchi? They did not have good weed in the past in my opinion(nothing is really special). The kuchi is the only reason i will visit katsu this saturday or not :mrgreen:

BTW: What about katsus orange bud? Is it the real orange bud with the real taste like back in the days?
Dont know about Katsu´s Kuchi, but Mr K And Co had an pretty nice example of it like 3 weeks ago.
MrNice257

Post by MrNice257 »

DedsOne wrote:
MrNice257 wrote:Hi guys did anyone tried the kuchi? They did not have good weed in the past in my opinion(nothing is really special). The kuchi is the only reason i will visit katsu this saturday or not :mrgreen:

Dont know about Katsu´s Kuchi, but Mr K And Co had an pretty nice example of it like 3 weeks ago.
I know but Mr.k's is 13€ if you buy 5g and katsus is allways 10€/g :mrgreen:
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

So G Kush (10€/0,9g if I remember right) - Was the advice of the dealer for a kush. Looked pretty good also not to wet or to dry but like many batches I got from here it had no smell :lol: I think the reason is their prepacked system... the funny thing is that on the next day it smelled nicely (had it in my pocket over the night...).
So first time for me So G Kush... first of all I still prefer OG for example but it´s good. I mean it didn´t have this awesome taste of OG or some other kushes but you definately taste that there is kush in this and for
0,9g/10€ it´s cheaper than many other kushes around. Good smoke :D
UGman

Post by UGman »

I still like their Dr. Grinspoon ; )
And I always leave my books here when I have to leave Amsterdam.. Mostly comics and astropysics...

Alleound awesome place.
burgers

Post by burgers »

I love Katsu, always make a point of going there and sampling their fine weed menu.

The wifi is great and around the corner is The Butcher which serves Amsterdam's best burgers (imo).

Plenty of reading material and don't be afraid to browse their collection of board games.

Getting to the loo's can be a bit scetchy after a few joints tho :lol:
I AM GOONER!
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Last week:

Spotted 'Tropicana - Dutch Haze grown in Morocco - Super trippy!'(10€/0,7g)on the menu and was like :shock: , took a look but was very different from back in summer(reported about it here: https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/v ... 14#p396556 ). After some time of reflection I went for it though(fear of missing out on some good hash :lol: ).
It had some punch(quite uppy) but not as strong as in July.
Now it pretty much looked like the batch of Noor C5 a couple of weeks back at Tweede Kamer which means very sticky and squidgy black moroccan hashish(also the price is almost the same ; go figure)sticking to the baggy(they also should store that in the fridge ). Have seen such sticky moroccan before but also could imagine some cheap bho involved.
Also back then it was crumbly but very oily sort of yellowish moroccan hash and so was the Noor C5 at Tweede Kamer then(which I had also and found it to be remarkably strong).
All in all still no explaination for its origin as 'Dutch Haze' is a bit too random to me(also isn't Amnesia which is omnipresent at dutch coffeeshops supposed to be a haze :lol: ?! Know about the more or less three cuts doing their rounds but on one hand still doubt they started with cuttings in the Rif and so on the other hand those Moroccans with supposedly Amnesia involved are probably just random seed grown hazes sold under this popular name) :lol: .
Shame this batch wasn't a proper trippy hash but still nice enough. Anyway, interesting to find it in Amsterdam, especially with this description, seems my reportings have some influence(well at least my narcissism tells me that :mrgreen: ) only wish they'd care about my critizm regarding coffeeshop prices :lol: !
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

OG Kush (10€/0,7g) - Nice and especially for that price! "Real" OG Kush smells and taste very nice like it should be and burned pretty white :thumbup:

Choco Maroc (10€/1,2g) - Also here great stuff for the price... a darker creamy hash but not so super sticky... looks really nice. Also the smell is lovely and more like "newer" oldschool hashes :lol: .

Well it was worth to make the short trip to Katsu... quality was very good especially for the price :D
Last edited by Marok21 on Thu 22nd Jun 2017 08:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Good to know, particularly after a spate of recent bad reviews. That Choco Maroc sounds interesting indeed.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I just forgot to say that it says on the menu that the Choco Maroc is made of Chocolope in morocco...
Jesscass wrote: Tue 20th Dec 2016 04:45 pm Spotted 'Tropicana - Dutch Haze grown in Morocco - Super trippy!'(10€/0,7g)on the menu and was like
I also forgot that I had a look on that hash if my stoned memory is right :lol: from the look in the small baggy it was pretty similar to the Choco Maroc... a creamy darker hash but the smell of the Choco Maroc was more intense and more to my personal taste 8)
Jesscass wrote: Tue 20th Dec 2016 04:45 pm Also back then it was crumbly but very oily sort of yellowish moroccan hash and so was the Noor C5 at Tweede Kamer then(which I had also and found it to be remarkably strong).
Hash batches changes a lot atm in most coffeeshops that sell hashes made of "newer" genetics... from dark super sticky, to very oily blonde, to super super sticky and dark hash and atm I saw a lot of that dry skuff like hashes... it´s pretty like gamble what you get :lol:
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

fat_old_dwarf wrote:Good to know, particularly after a spate of recent bad reviews. That Choco Maroc sounds interesting indeed.
I just forgot to say that it says on the menu that the Choco Maroc is made of Chocolope in morocco...
Jesscass wrote: Tue 20th Dec 2016 04:45 pm Spotted 'Tropicana - Dutch Haze grown in Morocco - Super trippy!'(10€/0,7g)on the menu and was like
I also forgot that I had a look on that hash if my stoned memory is right :lol: from the look in the small baggy it was pretty similar to the Choco Maroc... a creamy darker hash but the smell of the Choco Maroc was more intense and more to my personal taste 8)
Jesscass wrote: Tue 20th Dec 2016 04:45 pm Also back then it was crumbly but very oily sort of yellowish moroccan hash and so was the Noor C5 at Tweede Kamer then(which I had also and found it to be remarkably strong).
Hash batches changes a lot atm in most coffeeshops that sell hashes made of "newer" genetics... from dark super sticky, to very oily blonde, to super super sticky dark hash and atm I saw a lot of that dry skuff like hashes... it´s pretty like gamble what you get :lol:
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

This week:

Nothing new on the menu so just left.

@Marok21

Not even looked at their version this time as still happy with some batches from Siberie. Cheers for taking a look though, still similar like last time it seems!
TANGIElove

Post by TANGIElove »

A bit Outside from the Centrum , but they got some Nice Stains there ( Mango Haze alwasys Nice )
But i dont like that they put the buds bevore in Bags.
But overall its a Nice Shop 👍🏽
thegreatdane

Post by thegreatdane »

A mate and me was in Katsu today. We wanted to try the Verdamper, but was unsure about what to do. Asked the staff and they where very helpful and friendly even though they were busy. They advised me on what to buy and then how to use the Verdamper. The Verdamper is AWESOME btw! Vaping is so much nicer then smoking and this thing is a monster and pulls very big hits.

Also the coffee was good. :)

Only good stuff from us :)