Katsu

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

do you like coffeeshop katsu?

i like it
92%
i don't like it
8%

Total votes: 254

Fat_old_dwarf

Re: Katsu

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

milehigh wrote:What is strange though is that you cannot roll a joint outside, but smoking one is OK. At the Greenhouse Effect in the Centrum it IS ok to roll a joint outside. That is the difference between neighborhood enforcement people. Some places OK, others not. Some consistency would be good.
All these years I've never noticed, probably because I don't smoke joints, and don't smoke outside. I can't help wondering what the logic is. Is it non-smoking locals who want it to be that way, because they think that if they don't have to see things like grinders, they can pretend it's just tobacco with an odd smell? Or is it just that the people who run Katsu think, rightly or wrongly, that locals would object to preparation but not smoking? 'Tis a mystery.

But yes, all in all, it's one of the best shops. (I can never pick an outright favourite, and in any case the coffee could be better, and there's no cat.) At the moment they've got some excellent Royal Nepal. I was on my way out, but was taken by its appearance in the showbox, so bought a g. Most recent purchases of whatever sells as RN have been a bit disappointing, but this gives me hope. Decided to buy another 2g, and of course wish I'd gone for more.

BongHug82

Post by BongHug82 »

Fat_old_dwarf wrote: At the moment they've got some excellent Royal Nepal. I was on my way out, but was taken by its appearance in the showbox, so bought a g. Most recent purchases of whatever sells as RN have been a bit disappointing, but this gives me hope. Decided to buy another 2g, and of course wish I'd gone for more.
Thanks a lot for that information dude. Have been scratching my head looking at the latest menu for hash from here next week and will definitely try the Royal Nepal now. Just staying around the corner so will probably pop in a couple/few times. Have you had the Dr Grinspoon lately? Is it still on point?
Notucan

Post by Notucan »

I also am curious about their weed quality!
Gonna sample that royal nepal tomorrow
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

BongHug82 wrote:Have you had the Dr Grinspoon lately? Is it still on point?
Yes to both, and thanks for reminding me. Such a lovely strain, and I've never seen it in the UK, for obvious reasons, I suppose.

Incidentally, I noticed that Dr G was on the menu at Tweede Kamer as well for €15 a g, and I don't think I've ever seen it there. I didn't try it, and of course now wish that I had. But someone else might, and report back.
BongHug82

Post by BongHug82 »

Fat_old_dwarf wrote:
BongHug82 wrote:Have you had the Dr Grinspoon lately? Is it still on point?
Yes to both, and thanks for reminding me. Such a lovely strain, and I've never seen it in the UK, for obvious reasons, I suppose.

Incidentally, I noticed that Dr G was on the menu at Tweede Kamer as well for €15 a g, and I don't think I've ever seen it there. I didn't try it, and of course now wish that I had. But someone else might, and report back.
That's great news mate I'll be sure to pick a bit up tomorrow from Katsu along with a couple of grams of the Royal Nepal you so kindly recommended.

I don't have Tweede Kamer on my list to visit but may have to change that now :mrgreen: They stock the rifman hashes associated with Dampkring as well?
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

King Hassan (10€/0,9g) - When I got that some months ago I was pretty disappointed because there was a bad chemical smell on it... usual Katsu don´t sell such shit hash so I gave the King Hassan another chance... and yes now there is a nice hash smell on it :D I don´t know what happend with the other batch... maybe there were some plastic bits in it I didn´t saw...
BongHug82

Post by BongHug82 »

Marok21 wrote:King Hassan (10€/0,9g) - When I got that some months ago I was pretty disappointed because there was a bad chemical smell on it... usual Katsu don´t sell such shit hash so I gave the King Hassan another chance... and yes now there is a nice hash smell on it :D I don´t know what happend with the other batch... maybe there were some plastic bits in it I didn´t saw...
I bought some of the King hassan on Wednesday but I've yet to try it so thank you for confirming it's good quality :) The Royal Nepal was a nice smoke. Classic black hash taste and the sausages left a nice white ash. Didn't want to move from my seat for a while after a couple of bongs of it.

Dr Grinspoon was nice as it always has been for me here. Tutti frutti Kush was meh.
airflow

Post by airflow »

Had the durban ice and amnesia hyia from here.

Durban ice: a black block which is softish and smells very dark spicy, very nice hash which is for me like a cheaper version of water pressed afghan with its earthy spicy taste and the effect. 10 euro for 0.9 and 50 euro for 5.

Amnesia: very strong and unbeatable for the 8 euro pricetag.
WLow

Post by WLow »

Was here last month, liked the outdoor, few tables for albertcuyp market smoke.I really like the refurb of the shop, they done something great not just refresh like others.

rolled some of that Durban ice with Orange Bud; the orange is some classic holland grown, burned nice had great feeling;
the durban added some high to it, smoked it infront of the shop, great session.

Superpolm was the only downer, no real effect, cake hash.
whisx

Post by whisx »

Popular around midnight, Katsu was a pleasant visit. A well located terrace and better seating areas at the back.
Dr. Grinspoon is what I'd call a strong beginning to my holiday. Not the very best of the vacay, just really solid. (8/10)
Greetings to the laughing barmaid, you can just see who's the happiest person in town, haha.
Trips to Dam since 2005: 11 8)
SpiritWeed

Post by SpiritWeed »

WLow wrote:Was here last month, liked the outdoor, few tables for albertcuyp market smoke.I really like the refurb of the shop, they done something great not just refresh like others.

rolled some of that Durban ice with Orange Bud; the orange is some classic holland grown, burned nice had great feeling;
the durban added some high to it, smoked it infront of the shop, great session.

Superpolm was the only downer, no real effect, cake hash.
Has the shop been refurbed? I can't seem to find any pics anywhere.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

We visited Katsu a few times during our two weeks in early August and are a little sad to. say that it might have been the biggest let down of the trip wrt quality

Katsu has been refurbished and now is a much more open shop, bar has been. drawn back and there is a large-ish seating area with cushions, low tables and view to a small garden thingy out back.

We also appreciate the new look and the service is still on par, as is their lattes and Danish "Naturfrisk" organic orange soda (nice to see that product outside Denmark, shame it is their least interesting variant). We met up with super nice male bt who we chatted with for a long time years ago and who was very generous both with small samples in the verdamper and a big load of free merch including t-shirts and a very cool umbrella that is sneaky enough to use around town but will let people in the know have a good smile (it only say Katsu Lavender, which might as well be a perfume or some other product).

Summing service, shop space ,decor , mood and non-cannabis products we highly recommend katsu!

The beef is with the weed and hash here! Katsu used to be a very reliable shop for decent, meaning very nice but not at the top, products for good value. The lavender was a very good example and others raged over SoGouda and black widow (although they were not our favorites), their hash selection was very varied but also solid and the specials used to be either actually. really special or super good value.

Alas, at least in our opinions, no more... :(

First visit this time around we got AM Hya (sp?) and white choco weed. Both were disappointing but especially the hash was a huge let down and IWRC we didn't even finish the J we rolled with it. Surprisingly it yielded a very reasonable rosin. The weed was better, smokeable but with minimum taste and effect, also seemed a little too dried ou

At a later point we asked the BT her recommendations after having explained that we are very experienced smokers, have visited many times before and would like to see the product she felt most proud of and she thought might impress up. She was very nice and pointed up to the Mecan seeds, maroc grown iso that she felt would wow us. It didn't... It wasn't a full on bad smoke, but what looked like a nice, black-ish and oily ISO in the bag turned out to be rock hard, almost like cheap or bad plastic which only had a mild taste and effects not worth the poor taste. Are not 100 % on the price but remember it as 20 for 0.6, which compared to e.g. de graals lemon skunk ISO at 25 per g or Boers white choc block at 8.5 (both of which taste much much better and have heaps of more power) is close to robbery! :( used te be a very trustworthy shop for the product, but now we only in to smoke our own, which is very sad...

Others may disagree, but having been burned on several visits has convinced us that Katsu is either past its day or in need of a very, very serious "menu makeover".

And now some fuckerooi my (Mr. Cc's.) stupid old phone will not let me delete, imagine if you will, that it is a magic spell to make Katsu great again: nuosmappmaaam

CopenhagenCouple
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
SpiritWeed

Post by SpiritWeed »

CopenhagenCouple wrote:We visited Katsu a few times during our two weeks in early August and are a little sad to. say that it might have been the biggest let down of the trip wrt quality

Katsu has been refurbished and now is a much more open shop, bar has been. drawn back and there is a large-ish seating area with cushions, low tables and view to a small garden thingy out back.

We also appreciate the new look and the service is still on par, as is their lattes and Danish "Naturfrisk" organic orange soda (nice to see that product outside Denmark, shame it is their least interesting variant). We met up with super nice male bt who we chatted with for a long time years ago and who was very generous both with small samples in the verdamper and a big load of free merch including t-shirts and a very cool umbrella that is sneaky enough to use around town but will let people in the know have a good smile (it only say Katsu Lavender, which might as well be a perfume or some other product).

Summing service, shop space ,decor , mood and non-cannabis products we highly recommend katsu!

The beef is with the weed and hash here! Katsu used to be a very reliable shop for decent, meaning very nice but not at the top, products for good value. The lavender was a very good example and others raged over SoGouda and black widow (although they were not our favorites), their hash selection was very varied but also solid and the specials used to be either actually. really special or super good value.

Alas, at least in our opinions, no more... :(

First visit this time around we got AM Hya (sp?) and white choco weed. Both were disappointing but especially the hash was a huge let down and IWRC we didn't even finish the J we rolled with it. Surprisingly it yielded a very reasonable rosin. The weed was better, smokeable but with minimum taste and effect, also seemed a little too dried ou

At a later point we asked the BT her recommendations after having explained that we are very experienced smokers, have visited many times before and would like to see the product she felt most proud of and she thought might impress up. She was very nice and pointed up to the Mecan seeds, maroc grown iso that she felt would wow us. It didn't... It wasn't a full on bad smoke, but what looked like a nice, black-ish and oily ISO in the bag turned out to be rock hard, almost like cheap or bad plastic which only had a mild taste and effects not worth the poor taste. Are not 100 % on the price but remember it as 20 for 0.6, which compared to e.g. de graals lemon skunk ISO at 25 per g or Boers white choc block at 8.5 (both of which taste much much better and have heaps of more power) is close to robbery! :( used te be a very trustworthy shop for the product, but now we only in to smoke our own, which is very sad...

Others may disagree, but having been burned on several visits has convinced us that Katsu is either past its day or in need of a very, very serious "menu makeover".

And now some fuckerooi my (Mr. Cc's.) stupid old phone will not let me delete, imagine if you will, that it is a magic spell to make Katsu great again: nuosmappmaaam

CopenhagenCouple
One of the best reviews I've seen on here.
I'll be in the area next week and will try some of the goods
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

There have always been the odd duds on the Katsu menu – Black Widow has never been as great as it's cracked up to be – but I've never been disappointed by the Grinspoon, and the recent crop of Black Nepal is the only smokeable example of that strain I've had in years. Bought 2g, and went back for 2 more, but they were sold out, and there's a lesson to be learnt there. Always liked Hiya, but didn't have any this time.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Spiritweed: thanks, maybe go for the grin or Nepal FOD mentioned... :)

FOD: back in the day we would agree completely, we had what I consider the only true red Lebanon from any ams CS we have visited (legitimacy confirmed by several very Lebanese friends who said that it was not only legit, but also a good example, and we are talking guys of whom I have seen pictures ankle deep in that red soil from which the product is named)! Should probably have gone with some Asian also, we just get really high quality charras and Nepal back home, so went with different pick....
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol: