Katsu

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

do you like coffeeshop katsu?

i like it
92%
i don't like it
8%

Total votes: 254

CopenhagenCouple

Re: Katsu

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

...oh, and we guarantee that you wouldn't have liked this batch of hiya, unless you are a complete and very devoted masochistic self-mutilater, it was quite literally a disgusting unsmokeable block of horrible taste and harshness, there must have been something wrong with it.... :/

Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

CopenhagenCouple wrote:...oh, and we guarantee that you wouldn't have liked this batch of hiya, unless you are a complete and very devoted masochistic self-mutilater, it was quite literally a disgusting unsmokeable block of horrible taste and harshness, there must have been something wrong with it.... :/
sad to hear that :? some months ago there was a good review for the Amnesia Hya if I remember right... but batches change... I also had a batch of their King Hassan wich was really bad chemically tasting... after hearing good things about it again I tried it another time and well it was pretty clean and good tasting now :?

I got some very nice wares from here years ago (and still now) but in the last time I had more and more disappointing batches from here... the coffeeshop itself is pretty nice and I like the atmosphere here...hopefully quality gets more
constant in the future again
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Pity this place has always been in my tops for import hash pick-ups (and corresponding value)! Older batches of their King Hassan & Hiya were some of my go-to's for last summer. But those two (from Marok & CC respectively) plus OHMF's report of plasticky taste from one of their "ices" doesn't bode well for their current state of affairs... :roll:
CopenhagenCouple

Let's hope it is just a bad phase they're in, it would be a crying shame if this is the standard from now on...
SpiritWeed

Post by SpiritWeed »

Not being overly keen on import hash what's the weed saying lately then?
WLow

Post by WLow »

DeLeuksteNUGS16 wrote:Pity this place has always been in my tops for import hash pick-ups (and corresponding value)! Older batches of their King Hassan & Hiya were some of my go-to's for last summer. But those two (from Marok & CC respectively) plus OHMF's report of plasticky taste from one of their "ices" doesn't bode well for their current state of affairs... :roll:
The durban ice from june and july was great, its off menu now?
WLow

Post by WLow »

???

no response well, i assume it's gone and my opinion on hashes don't matter much on this board.
CopenhagenCouple

Sorry bro, we don't remember seeing it on the menu .. come to think of it, it could possibly have been the other ice that the femaleBT turned us away from and onto the Mexican seed, moroccanIgrown ice, if that is / was the case she really did us a disservice... :/
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

I think I saw it on their menu last time, but I didn't buy any, because I bought some a few visits back and was disappointed. Maybe batches differ, maybe it was a good thing to miss out on. But I'm pretty sure it's usually there, if you want to give it a go.
WLow

Post by WLow »

we bought a 10e baggie each visit and found it was good. no harshness just happy high hash.
In the weed the orange and amnesia were good they had some somari... the chocokush i saw looked great too. Batches can differ that sure.

i would still come here i like the market area.

i
CopenhagenCouple

We also still visit as it is a great area and the shop in general is very nice and gezellig, but we would need a good number of positive reports on their products to buy smoke there again...
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

The Royal Nepal was still as good in August as it had been on previous visits – I don't know of any Nepal in the Dam that comes anywhere near it, at least not at €10. I rarely buy that strain nowadays, not wanting disappointment, but it looked good in the exhibition window, and was. No complaints about the Grinspoon either.
Billyjoe

Post by Billyjoe »

Fat_old_dwarf wrote:The Royal Nepal was still as good in August as it had been on previous visits – I don't know of any Nepal in the Dam that comes anywhere near it, at least not at €10. I rarely buy that strain nowadays, not wanting disappointment, but it looked good in the exhibition window, and was. No complaints about the Grinspoon either.

I have been there in end of June, the Durban ice was still on the menu, an earthy smell, soft, remind me more of charras than morocco, did not bubble at all, even not sweating, but surprisingly the high was quite intense, very sativa, probably because I did not have any tolerance on this kind.
Anyhow, I would say that it's expensive but might be the price to pay to get something different, more exotic, it reminded me some Jamaican weed, nice smoke though, but over priced in term of potency but not at all if you are happy to get a different variety.
Billyjoe

Post by Billyjoe »

Fat_old_dwarf wrote:The Royal Nepal was still as good in August as it had been on previous visits – I don't know of any Nepal in the Dam that comes anywhere near it, at least not at €10. I rarely buy that strain nowadays, not wanting disappointment, but it looked good in the exhibition window, and was. No complaints about the Grinspoon either.

I have not tried their Nepalese, but one thing I am sure is that the Nepal cream at kadinsky of end June was great, 8ish euro per gram for 5 grams deal and believe me, I do live in Hong Kong where we get many charras from Nepal and India.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Went for a first smoke there rather than 1e Hulp, as it was later than usual, and it was more convenient for my plan to start in de Pijp and go north. Royal Nepal is still tasty and packs a kick, but with weed I went for a Sour Diesel that must be new, because I can't find it on the latest menu. The bag is labelled Sour Diesel B.B., but I've forgotten what it stands for. Acceptable, though not as tasty as other Sour Diesels I've had. I'd decided to pass on my usual opening Dr Grinspoon with the intention of trying Paradox's version, which may have been a Major Mistake. Also tried the Marrakesh Special, €20 for 4g, after a local bought some while I was dithering. Excellent value for money, soft and smooth. Smoked in the back room, and what with the 60s posters and the music being played, I had the feeling I was drifting back into the past, and wasn't music better then – Jefferson Airplane suited my mood better than the ubiquitous hip-hop would have done. Then they played the Monkees, and God help us the Archies, and I decided the present wasn't that bad after all. I do love this place.