Toermalijn (Tilburg)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Do you like the Toermalijn

Yes I like the Toermalijn
100%
No I don't like the Toermalijn
No votes

Total votes: 13

PhatPaulie

Re: Toermalijn (Tilburg)

Post by PhatPaulie »

ratzfatz wrote:Damn...what a pitty!
But thx for info!
No worries.

"The suspense is killing me." Chopper Mike...
lichtstad

Post by lichtstad »

I heard that Den Bosch - the capital of Brabant- is not longer supporting and controlling the rule who forbids foreigners to enter the coffeeshop. Since Brabant is the last province who is still rejecting, I don't think it will take long untill the other city's (Eindhoven, Breda, Tilburg) follow.
lichtstad

Post by lichtstad »

Toermalijn is definetely worth a visit when you're in town. Lived in Tilburg for a few years and this is easily the best coffeeshop in town. All their products are topnotch and their garden is the best place to chill in the summer. They have already prepared the bags so it aint possible to get weed for like 5 of 10 euro, wich is too bad because a lot of strains are quite exspensive.
PhatPaulie

Post by PhatPaulie »

Sour Power on the menu at the moment, 11 euro a gram. Very nice.
PhatPaulie

Post by PhatPaulie »

AG13 Haze, 12 euro a gram. Strong orange odor and taste. Big winner strength wise too, love it.

24 Karat Gold (aka Kosher Tangie) 12 euro a gram. Not much in the way of smell with this one but nice strong kush taste.

Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Cheers, PhatPaulie! Glad to see Toermalijn is still delivering the goodies!

(Sorry, couldn't resist! Again: fuck the wietpas! :evil: )
PhatPaulie

Post by PhatPaulie »

Jesscass wrote:Cheers, PhatPaulie! Glad to see Toermalijn is still delivering the goodies!

(Sorry, couldn't resist! Again: fuck the wietpas! :evil: )
No worries JC. The menu and quality here would rival anything in Amsterdam. Off my head, Holy Grail Kush, OG Skywalker, Kosher Tangie, Strawberry Kush, Lemon Skunk, AG13 Haze, Sour Power, Big Buddha Cheese, Buddhas Sister, Bubble Gum, AK47, White Widow, Super Jack not to mention 7 or 8 different types of hash. Plus the garden in the summer is such a great place to chill after work.

Some people are put off by the pre bagged system but I have very rarely been disappointed with anything I got here.
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

I agree with all you've stated, PhatPaulie! If tomorrow the wietpas gets binned I'll return to Toermalijn yesterday :wink: !
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

There is new hope :D
I heard that Paul Depla (Mayor of Heerlen) will become the new Major of Breda (March 2015).
Paul Depla is a big enemy of the Wietpas... In Heerlen for example it´s still possible to buy weed in a coffeeshop for tourists. And he don´t like Ivo Opstelten at all :D
So maybe now something will change in Noord Brabant (Tilburg, Breeda, Eindhoven)... hopefully
PhatPaulie

Post by PhatPaulie »

Marok21 wrote:There is new hope :D
I heard that Paul Depla (Mayor of Heerlen) will become the new Major of Breda (March 2015).
Paul Depla is a big enemy of the Wietpas... In Heerlen for example it´s still possible to buy weed in a coffeeshop for tourists. And he don´t like Ivo Opstelten at all :D
So maybe now something will change in Noord Brabant (Tilburg, Breeda, Eindhoven)... hopefully
Found an article on it here - http://www.rollingstoned.nl/14-4-15-bre ... e-wietpas/ looks a bit like a rock and a hard place? Some very nice Blue Cheese on offer here at the moment. It has taken over from the Big Buddha Cheese. Same price, 11.50e a gram. This reminds me of the stuff I would get when I lived in Preston. Maybe a little darker but dense, almost Christmas tree like nugs. Very tasty and strong. AK47 very nice as always. Never came across an example remotely as good as it. A must sample at 9 euro a gram.
Jesscass

Returning to another home away from home

Post by Jesscass »

Jesscass wrote: Wed 14th Jan 2015 11:59 am I agree with all you've stated, PhatPaulie! If tomorrow the wietpas gets binned I'll return to Toermalijn yesterday :wink: !
That's what I did then as promised, mate, as I'm no damn deadbeat fantasising about what ever so just doing it despite subpar cold weather and a music festival.

We indeed made it finally back to the this characterless town in the middle of nowhere(and I thought this went for Eindhoven but compared to here even has some sort of lacking character as a somewhat character itsself indeed if you get my drift. Probably down to winter though as in summer it used to be ok enough and more green places compared to Eindhoven).
Presence of hordes of metal heads were obvious around town and in the shops of centrum area getting ready for their festival as well as frosty temperatures including a minority of brave dutchies still riding their bikes. Though we strolled unstoppable around town to all the other shops there again which was fun(all to be read in my not upcoming trip report)while others from our circle didn't want to go due to mentioned reasons. Where there is a will there is a way ; now that's hardcore or plain stupidity!? Probably both so another stupid mission accomplished.

Apart from well deserved self-praise it was a great stay again. Heerlijk! Toermalijn basically except for minor changes was fortunately the same although while sitting down for ten minutes for a bong we brought with us(better: standing around due to excess of people)I noticed a bit of a more professional vibe going on somewhat reminding me of certain chains in the Dam. Though they managed to maintain a unique atmosphere to some point. Also it was sorta cold inside probably had to do with the constant stream of customers bringing in the cold from the outside.

Weedwise noticed a couple of names from back in the day(also around town elsewhere we saw 'Demolition Haze' listed. Anyone? This one's killing me big time and always relate that more or less exclusively with Tilburg. Hilarious name to say the least. ).
Usual menu from here with descriptions of each strain respectively hashish.
They had Buiten Skunk(outdoor, 6€/g), White Widow(9€/g), Santa Maria(9,5€/g), Ak-47(9,5€/g), Enemy Of The State(9,5€/g), Kristalica(11€/g), LA Confidential(11,5€), Cheese(11,5€/g), Amnesia(10,5€/g), Super Silver Haze(12,5€/g), Super Lemon Haze(12€/g), Tangie Dream(12,5€/g), Elephant Kush(12,5€/g)and Pineapple Express(12,5€).
Also there was a section 'Topshelf' which included pre-packed fancy small jars containing 3,5g of a certain strain as Nicole(42€), Rolex OG(50€), Crockett Haze(50€), Strawberry Banana(50€), Gorilla Glue#4(50€)and Sunset Sherbet(50€?).
Looked at them all but mostly found none of them something I'd personally describe as 'topshelf'(no import by the way ) ; though that quality is probably one of the best around Noord Brabant, Gelderland and so on. Don't like such specials and Dizzy Duck in The Hague springs to mind doing something similar. Also in general don't like that all their gear is still pre-packed even though I know from the past their stuff is selling fast ; especially since they pre-pack their hashish as well, negative point to me still.

Also there was a cheaper Ice-O-Lator and something advertised as dabable 'BlahBlah Crumble'(25€/0,5g if memory serves me right)on.
Moroccan Hashish: Zilver something(6€/g), Ketama Gold(10€/g), Nicole(supposed to be Nicole x Kosher Kush , 11€/g), Dominasje(hilarious name as supposed to be Black Domina, 11€/g), Royal(12€/g), Bubble Haze(supposed to be Mexican Haze x Black Domina, 12,5€/g?) and Double Diamond(19€/g).
There were also three variants of Nepalese to be had ; one for about 6-7€/g, one for about 10€/g and their best for 17€/g. Blacks not worth it by look but I'm prejudiced as usual.

Their joint menu is still huge ; even bigger now as they seem to include mixtures as 'Jamaica Gold' which is Moroccan Ketama Gold with wiet from Jamaica. A blend I enjoy every now and then since ages.

Dominasje: nice enough hashish but not strong enough for me considering genetics supposed to be used. Hilarious name again!
Nicole: had that before somewhere and it was the recommendation of the budtender ; like the Barbara Bud I had a lot at home in the last months this is another very nice allround hashish from the new generation of foreign genetics.
Double Diamond: Their showpiece Moroccan as in the past. This here was advertized on the menu as a variant of them shoe soles ; I had a couple versions from in the past from Grey Area / Amsterdam and eslewhere, also at home.
Stone hard again and crumbly-dryish ; thick peppery and earthy classic flavour. Best version I had yet but not worth the money in my humble opinion, effects werre very relaxing but not overly strong. Still second best hashish this trip! Cheers.
Elephant Kush: nice enough looking and tasting ; kushy tones but not overwhelming. Stone was ok enough.

My mate had the Cheese and even the Amnesia. Former one looked ok enough but while having a nice taste it didn't particullary tasted of Cheese. Stone was ok enough only, too. Amnesia I refused to even try for obvious reasons but was told it was a lot better than from other shops around that area.

All in all a great return despite the overfow of people and no time for a sit down. Though other shops out of the centre were good for that as was the apartment. Will be around their garden in summer though for sure as often as possible ; now their small pond there was frozen up.

Last as least to mark the occassion as an exception a couple of shots from the apartment(most places were booked due to the festival). Too busy for pictures as instead just enjoying the trip and have better things to do :

Elephant Kush along with Nicole to the left, Double Diamond on top and Dominasje to the right

Elephant Kush

Nicole

Dominasje

Double Diamond on top
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Very nice report Jesscass! thanks :D

Great news that Tilburg is "open" to tourists again! I was thinking of visiting Tilburg this weekend ,too but I traveled with a mate and he prefered Amsterdam... maybe next month I I will make it to Tilburg :D hopefully when its not so cold anymore and they open their outdoor area :D They didn´t really have a lot of space inside and with that festival I can imagine that it was packed there...

Menu sounds good to me and much better than most things you can get in Eindhoven usually... a lot more varieties and flavors. In the past I liked them mostly for their probably organic grown weed that tastes very clean to me :mrgreen: also some of their Ice hashes were usually of very nice quality which is not so easy to find atm. Their Import hashes were also pretty nice but maybe not so outstanding for me... well all hashes I bought from there was at least good quality and usually they have something that it pretty rare like the Amnesia Hash (wich was pretty rare at that time) and some great "Nepal Special" hash wich was one of the best black hashes I smoked so far : )
Jesscass wrote: Sat 3rd Mar 2018 03:18 pm Dominasje: nice enough hashish but not strong enough for me considering genetics supposed to be used. Hilarious name again!
Truely a hilarious name :lol: What a pity that it wasn´t so strong... like you said with that genetics I would think it´s a heavy hitter hash :mrgreen:
Jesscass wrote: Sat 3rd Mar 2018 03:18 pm Nicole: had that before somewhere and it was the recommendation of the budtender ; like the Barbara Bud I had a lot at home in the last months this is another very nice allround hashish from the new generation of foreign genetics.

I have tried some Barbara Bud hash (13€/g) from Coffeeshop Funky Munky in Amsterdam this week and was also pretty happy with that one. Very bright crumbly hash... bubbles nicely and had a great strong smell. I will wright a short review in the Funky Munky thread but I haven´t so much time atm :? but I will do my best :D

I am looking forward to visit this shop again :mrgreen:
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Marok21 wrote: Sun 4th Mar 2018 08:55 pm Very nice report Jesscass! thanks :D
Agreed. Did you make it there yourself? I will be in Eindhoven in July and will make a trip to Tilburg to check this place out.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I didn´t made it there... :( but I am planning a 2 day trip to Amsterdam in june... on my way I want tol make a short stop in Tilburg :D
CessKoBar

Post by CessKoBar »

Was here today, had Lemon Haze @ 12/G, Tangerine Dream @ 12,5/G, La Confidential @ 11/G and AK47/Orange Bud @ 9,5/G

Friendly budtender wanted to give me some lessons about indica/sativa, wasn't really necessary but it felt genuine.
Only buy n fly so didn't really check out interior.

Also very friendly bouncer, they do check ID's