Stones (formerly Kabouter)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Stones (formerly Kabouter)

I like it
82%
I don't like it
18%

Total votes: 11

Valo

Stones (formerly Kabouter)

Post by Valo »

ACD page: Stones (formerly Kabouter)

Another shop on my list of definates next time as I heard some good remarks on the shop - it's a shame there are none (as yet) on the main site.

All I know is that the weed is relatively cheap and good quality, plus the fact the shop is decorated with gnomes all over! Weed and gnomes - what a combination!

Would love to hear any other reviews on the place.

---- I'm guessing that kabouter means gnome in Dutch then??? Claud??
On that subject does "De Kuil" mean "The Pit" also? maybe as in mosh pit? :D

~ Is that a grinder in your pocket? ~
claudandus

Re: Kabouter

Post by claudandus »

Valo wrote: ---- I'm guessing that kabouter means gnome in Dutch then??? Claud??
On that subject does "De Kuil" mean "The Pit" also? maybe as in mosh pit? :D
yes indeed :P
Owner of Karina IRC-Bot and #Coffeeshop@P2P-NET
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

I've never been to this shop either but I think it is just beyond the Chai Shop near the mini Red Light area down there.
Valo

Post by Valo »

A shop I had high hopes for was very dissappointing in my experience.

I went in with my friend and approached the guy behind the counter (who was talking to 2 friends - the only guys in the shop except us) and I asked for a menu to which he just called out the types of hash (all 3 of them).
We knew we were looking to try the king hassan hash which this shop seems to be known for so my friend order 1g and a coke then went to sit at one of only a few table to try the new purchase - whilst I was waiting to be served next another local popped in and ordered some smoke, to which the dealer weighed up and passed on to the guy who left straight away.........ok.....I can handle that as this guy may have been in a hurry and wanted to shoot as quick as possible.....but then the dealer glanced over at me to only turn his back and fiddle with his shelves for a couple of minutes!!! Right......maybe he honestly didn't know I wanted to be served....so I called out to him and politely waved him over.........and all the prick did was glare over and continue his conversation with his friends from earlier. Had that happen in England I would have kicked up such a fuss over the place.....but being in Amsterdam I just said "Fuck It" and loaded up a big couple of pipes of Lavender Haze (from Haarlem) whilst my buddy finished his spliff.

I did think I may return here just to try there king hassan again but as it happens we went round the corner to Katsu (a godsend compared to this place) and bought there version of king hassan which to be honest, both looked and smoke considerably better than that from Kabouter.

Sorry to go on but I found this one of only 2 very annoying situations in coffeeshops on my recent trip (the other being in the Theehuis in Haarlem - where pretty much the same happend, my friend got served and they completely over looked myself). Their loss though as I was buying in bigger bulk than my friend - and I now know a couple of places to avoid for being rude to me in the past.
~ Is that a grinder in your pocket? ~
highdro

Post by highdro »

Only needed a pack of skins , 50 cent saved for starters compared to most places.

asked to see the menu even though i stated didnt need weed at the moment, and the guy was more than willing to show me.

a euro or two cheaper than more central places as you would expect in this part of town. my brother bought some weed here one day , no complaints from him .

will be back, i like the pijp.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Not been but will have to look into it>
kushy

Post by kushy »

Picked up some Amnesia Haze 8.50 p/g here before the football yesterday after a recommendation for this coffeeshop from a friend.

My favorite strain at the moment and I've tried versions from Mellow Yellow, Borejongers and Papillon in the last few weeks.

This was the stand out version for me, one lovely fresh and very strong bud. Vaporized some in Mellow's Volcano as a sea of orange passed by for Museumplein. Almost fell off my bike later in the Vondelpark at the sight of a young Dutch beauty wearing orange opaque hold-up stockings!

Pity she won't be wearing them today :(
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Had some Super Polm from here in April €7 G if i remember rightly and it was a tasty piece :wink: but yeah i noticed there was only say 3 weed 3 hash on the menu very quiet when i was in too
-
DeathRowRecords

Post by DeathRowRecords »

Great shop, admittedly not a huge menu, but in Feb the Amnesia was awesome (great to hear it's still 8.50E/g) as was the Kabouter Skunk (7.50E/g) and the Kabouter Special (10E/g - had a hint of Cheese/SoGouda about it, lovely potent and very tasty smoke). They had Chocolope and Cheese on the menu too from memory - didn't look at the hash.

Well worth a visit if in the best part of 'Dam, de Pijp.
10 B&H + a packet of rizla,not the greens
islandgurl

Kabouter

Post by islandgurl »

Found this place for the first time and wow! Excellent Amnesia Haze for 8.50 a gram, very good selection, prices, and quality. Now one of my favorite shops to chill in; more locals, less crowds with nice comfy couches.
islandgurl

Post by islandgurl »

Went through 5 pages looking for Kabouter in here last night and couldn't find it so I started one. Sorry I missed this as I wanted to do a review and thank you for starting one, Valo.

The Amnesia Haze was my fave and definitely worth it for 8.50 euro, the Kabouter Special (Haze) was nice also; great for people who like a good buzz to walk around the city and won't make you tired. Haven't tried the Kabouter Skunk yet, more on that when I do.
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
misterbelvedere

Post by misterbelvedere »

Discoverd this place in May 2011. Stayed in a hotel in Hobbemakade with wife and kids. Went out at night alone to just find a place to sit down, have a cola and a few smokes. Found this place by luck, next to a very little red light area.

The shop itself was a little bit shabby and the gnomes "gartenzwerge" in german, gave the place a little creepy atmosphere, but I didn´t mind.

Except me, was just one other customer. The budtender wasn´t very talkative, was neither was I. Had a gram of the Kabouter Skunk, which was a nice smoke for the money but not premium stuff. I had a cola and sat on a very little table, right near the entrance. I sat over an hour. The budtender didn´t stress me. I thought it´s a nice, quiet and cheap place. Didn´t see other customers except one local.
treetop

Post by treetop »

n/t
Last edited by treetop on Tue 11th Oct 2016 02:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How much did you produce?
dr'gonzo

Post by dr'gonzo »

Thanks for this review Treetop. I'd never have found this place otherwise, cool area and tasty amnesia.
orle

Post by orle »

Hmm..

[july 01, 2013]

treetop, Kabouter Haze is gone? What is "Nature's Best"?

Menu doesn't look all that hot, tbh :|