Spirit

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Spirit

I like Spirit
88%
I don't like Spirit
13%

Total votes: 32

Slip & Sal

Re: Spirit

Post by Slip & Sal »

I can't remember any

I don't take drugs, I am Drugs.
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

Slip & Sal wrote:I can't remember any
Cheers :mrgreen:
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
The_Kushler

Post by The_Kushler »

I'm sure there are some steps here mate. Just as you walk in and up towards the back too I think. Not 100% exactly where but Defo some steps. About 4 steps I think.
Balou

Post by Balou »

ftcarer wrote:quick question how many steps/stairs are there to go up/down? to the pinball machines :mrgreen:
I'll pop by and have a look soon.
Are you stoned? Like a gravel road bitch, like a gravel road!
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

2 steps down to the budtender....then 2 steps up to go to the back
rockin into the night
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

Cheers people :mrgreen: sounds like we will be fine visiting here :mrgreen:
Balou wrote:I'll pop by and have a look soon.
Thnaks mate :mrgreen:
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Seemed pretty oldschool to me(no offence intended). Was my first time here last week. Budtender recommended Amnesia Haze(11/g)which was a fine smoke. Nice shop(everything else has been said about this place, I can only agree).
DRA

Post by DRA »

After meeting at Voyagers several of us made our way around to a few other coffeeshops eventually making a stop at Coffeeshop Spirit where there were pinball machines and a pool table.

Still a beautiful day for a walk, like a tour group, we hiked outside of the Centrum to locate this unique destination, mostly unspoiled by gawking tourists. Located in the Jordaan district, west of the Centrum, this spacious and comfortable coffeeshop is much like an American gameroom with pinball machines and a pool table.

The video opens with street scenes from in front of the shop, located at Westerstraat 121, with shots of the traffic of pedestrians on the sidewalk and cars and bikes on the street. You'll also see scenes of the exterior of the coffeeshop situated in a busy but quiet neighborhood. The scenes from inside the shop feature a look at the various games available in the smoking lounge.

You'll also get to see several people passing time playing pool and pinball. On this day, there were a few of us enjoying each other's company in the relaxed and casual atmosphere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdYOLkRxg6o

Party On! Light Up the Night!
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

Nice 1 :mrgreen:
Dave J

Post by Dave J »

I'm really looking forwards to visiting this place later this month, pinball and video games, so will be as happy as a pig in a sty lol
Dave J

Post by Dave J »

Not to sure and thus wont vote as undecided. Went here last week and sure is a good space in the back and loved to see all those pinball machines and video games. Well 2 arcade cabnets but they looked to be multi game machines so basically an entire arcade of classic games per arcade cabnet.

But I only went here to catch up with gapie and another member. Noting them in the back I just went to them to see whats happening, staying or going. Stayed a bit so went for a drink and got the impression via the being asked several times what drink I wanted that they also expected me to buy some weed which I never as had several grams left on me and needed to get that down a bit.

Got me drink and went back the the table in the rear of the place with the others but it did leave me feeling a slightly bad vibe about the place. Either they are not keen or smoking your own from other places in this place (simply was not buying more while I still had several grams left) or I was just a little hot and bothered from spending 20 walking accross town.

But more than willing to try again if possable next year as it did seem far less people in and therefore more relaxing by default over the more packed centrum places.
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Sorry I don't get this ?! So because you were asked what drink you wanted , you felt like they were asking you to buy weed , or insisting you bought weed ? But they never actually said to you , you can't stay without buying ?
-
Dave J

Post by Dave J »

Cisco wrote:Sorry I don't get this ?! So because you were asked what drink you wanted , you felt like they were asking you to buy weed , or insisting you bought weed ? But they never actually said to you , you can't stay without buying ?
No, when gapie and danny said we would stop for another smoke as I had just got there it was then that I went to the counter for the drink. I was not ever or would ever think of going to a coffeeshop without at least buying a drink.

I clearly asked for just "a can of coke please" as clearly as I could have asked. It took several times of "excuse me you want what", "what is it you want to buy", "is all you want a drink, dont you want anything to smoke". Before I finished asking the last time they started to goto the fridge to get the can anyway. So unless I took it the wrong way they certainly knew what I wanted and asked for and was left feeling that because they kept asking that they wanted me to buy something to smoke as well.

Like I said it might have been the way I took it but thats the way it pretty much played out. I could'nt have bought anyways as I had several grams on me and had to get that down as there was no way I was walking the streets with that much on me for long in case of a search as I dont know what the score is if caught with over 5 grams on me as I gather thats the legal limit that can be carried without the risk of arrest?.
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Ok so they did ask you if you wanted to buy smoke ? I understand now , was just confused as it read as if they only asked you what you wanted to drink , not that tjey also asked if you wanted something to smoke
-
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

the budtender doesnt understand english too well thats all :mrgreen:
rockin into the night