pro travellers need advice jamaica / caribean boatcruise

stints

pro travellers need advice jamaica / caribean boatcruise

Post by stints »

the misses and i are planing to go on a bigger travel this august we thought a 5 star all inclusive resort in jamaica sounds good but than stumbled across boat cruises that stop at several places in the caribean i just cant really seem to find anyones that would suite us..... for exsample one leaving from new york and actually stopping in jamaica ...all the ones i found stop everywhere else but not jamaica grrr lol.... any advice or experience with this?

SloWhite

Re: pro travellers need advice jamaica / caribean boatcruise

Post by SloWhite »

Ive been to almost every island down there, If you worried about getting bud, dont be. Ive never been to a island where i could'nt get any..
Not your average Horticulturalist..
ZBeebs

Post by ZBeebs »

But be careful with the cruise ships... If you get some, smoke it in port... if you insist on bringing on the ship, be very careful what you do... There are cameras EVERYWHERE, if you smoke in a public area (because the only private area you have access to is your room) and someone complains about a smell it's easy for them to look at a tape of the area and figure out who it was. Customs is known to bring drug dogs on the ships, if they walk them down the hallway and they smell something in your room, you'll get pulled off the ship and then even if you don't get arrested, they won't let you back on the ship... and then you're stuck god-knows-where and you've got to find your own way home.

Go to Jamaica, stay at an all-inclusive resort, smoke your brains out. You'll get fewer dirty looks if you stay at one that's adults only... The Jewel Dunns River Falls is nice... and you can get decent bud from the guys at the fence at the end of the beach ...or from the guys who work at the resort... I've got pics of buds I got there somewhere...
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly?
ZBeebs

Post by ZBeebs »

Here's some of those pics...

Panog

Post by Panog »

Wow ! Nice ! What was the hash like ?
Balou

Post by Balou »

Do NOT take it on the ship, you are asking for trouble. If you're thinking about Jamaica, I enjoyed the Negril area. Less tourist and not far from the home of Bob Marley. They gave us joints to smoke while we walked around the grounds.

Peae
Are you stoned? Like a gravel road bitch, like a gravel road!
ZBeebs

Post by ZBeebs »

Panog wrote:Wow ! Nice ! What was the hash like ?
First of all, I paid $30 for that gram,which was way too much. One of the guys working the pool area asked if I wanted hash, I said sure... and the guy wouldn't haggle at all. $30, take it or leave it...and I laughed at that, and walked away, expecting him to chase after me. He didn't, and I asked him later that night if he still had it, and he did so I bought it.

Truth is, the only hash I smoke at home is the BHO I make at home from my own buds, so just about nothing is going to compare. I guess it was pretty good - when I put some bits into the bong on with some bud, it gave me the heavy eyes and made me spacey... but it didn't last that long... I rolled about half of it into little sausages and put it in a big fat joint... that got me really stoned, to the point where my wife commented that she didn't like it when I got so high... but it didn't seem to last that long, an hour, maybe two. If I was offered more at the same price, I wouldn't have bought it, but I was on vacation and was curious...might have been willing to pay $10, maybe $15 a gram for more. I have no idea what the hash situation is in Jamaica...I knew going in I'd be able to find weed anywhere, and that it would be cheap, really cheap if you haggle... but never heard about scoring hash. Maybe $30/gram is the going rate?

The bud there is plentiful, it's everywhere, I was offered it constantly. The bud next to the soda can cost me $20, and I probably could have gotten it for less but I only had $20 bills and of course these guys don't have change...I'd guess it was at least a 1/4 ounce...probably more.
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

We have been looking into cruises that stop in Jamaica also. The only port we found so far is Ocho Rios. Although we live in NY, we found much more cruise options available out of Miami and Ft Lauderdale Florida. Have you looked at cruisecritic.com yet? They have a good search function which should allow you to narrow down your options.

Another poster made a comment about not smoking aboard ship. I have only done only two cruises, but I did not experience this problem. Our last cruise was on Carnival Imagination from Miami to Key West and Cozumel. We had a room with a balcony and that is where I did my toking. No one complained or noticed that I could tell. On our other trip, balcony smoking proved to be very challenging because we were on a very windy balcony.
He who tries to shine dims his own light
cattales1960

Post by cattales1960 »

I have to agree that going to jamaica all inclusive it the way to go. I got some of the best has there but I haggled and got him down from 30 to 10 dollars. We dealt with people on the resort and outside the resort. You just have to use your common sense. I have also been on cruises and got smoke on all islands but just smoked it in our room. Here is my jamaica trip report. Hope you enjoy it and it helps.

https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/viewt ... it=jamaica
I need a miracle everyday
Boner

Post by Boner »

'pro' travellers asking for advice....
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
Trad

Post by Trad »

Boner wrote:'pro' travellers asking for advice....
I thought that an odd intro also. Maybe they are infavour of travel and not 'anti' travel? :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If I don't see you no more in this world, I'll meet you on the next one.
JMH
stints

Post by stints »

Boner wrote:'pro' travellers asking for advice....

it took me a minute to get what you mean haha the titel is supposed to mean im asking for pro travellers advice not pro travellers asking for advice ....sorry bad english...
Boner

Post by Boner »

No worries I was just being pedantic and knobbish. ;) :lol:
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
Trad

Post by Trad »

Boner wrote:No worries I was just being pedantic and knobbish. ;) :lol:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I'm in shock :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If I don't see you no more in this world, I'll meet you on the next one.
JMH
cattales1960

Post by cattales1960 »

^^^^^^^^^ there them words again. Googling. hehe
I need a miracle everyday