Thailand - Random Piss Testing!!

Tall Guy

Thailand - Random Piss Testing!!

Post by Tall Guy »

Folks be very careful if you or anyone you know is travelling to Thailand - the new military government is cracking down on drugs big time, even doing random piss testing of Thais and foreigners alike. Jail time for THC in your system :shock: The incident that I read about was in Pai, up north in the hills, but I've heard of it happening in Bangkok as well. Remember pot stays in your system for a long time (at least a month, maybe much longer), and the "it was in Holland, yer honour" defense doesn't work out there.

I love Thailand, but until they reverse this ridiculous policy, won't be spending my holiday money there again.

http://tinyurl.com/3yhtwm

NB "Farang"=foreigner, usually Western.

Hoystidd

Post by Hoystidd »

Wow!

You've gotta wonder just how reliable the testing is too. What if you test positive and you haven't ever consumed? Are there ways of appealing?

Stidd
Tall Guy

Post by Tall Guy »

I dunno, but things move very slowly over there unless the media spotlight is making the country look bad, like in the case of the British girl who got murdered in Ko Samui a while back...so you'll be spending your time waiting for trial/appeal in the good old Bangkok Hilton. I think death would be preferable. If you have the cash there's always a chance of "appealing" to the cop's retirement fund. Thai cops are as bent as a bag of boomerangs.