train from amsterdam to paris

kcjones

train from amsterdam to paris

Post by kcjones »

Hi, I am new to the board and am coming to Amsterdam on April 19th just in time for 420. We are very excited as this will be our first trip to Amsterdam. From Amsterdam we are taking the train to Paris. I was wondering if it possible to bring a little pot or hash on the train to Paris . Does anyone know if you really search you on the train or is it pretty relaxed getting on or off. I can probably do without but would rather not. KC in Salt Lake City, Utah

Kid Chavez

Re: train from amsterdam to paris

Post by Kid Chavez »

Life is a series of calculated risks. Traveling cross-border is always a dicey move, but it's been done before. Take my suggestions for what they're worth, which is not much. :lol:

1) Don't look/smell/act the part of a stoner.
a) dress smartly
b) don't get baked right before hopping the train because you'll stink.
c) Fly under the radar/act appropriately..minimize potential police interaction.

2) Limit the amount you take...you may be able to explain away a few grams as an innocent misunderstanding of the law, but having multiple bags/items could put you in a position of having to convince someone you're not selling/trafficking.

3) I've seen people searched on the platforms in Centraal Station before boarding; so there's a chance of being stopped even in Amsterdam.

4) My guess is you're likely to find success, but being unsuccessful in such an endeavor would result in a shitload of hassles. Weigh the risk/reward & live with the decision.

Happy Trails & good luck!
Trips Completed: 18
Trips Scheduled: 0
freewheelin frank

Post by freewheelin frank »

I have made the trip several times...the above advice is right on the mark...we dressed like upscale tourists, did not get high before boarding, smiled at people, and we smelled like fresh lilacs (soap at the hotel)...we were not even noticed...others who did not follow these SIMPLE rules were stopped...dread locks, unwashed clothes, or anything that makes you suspect will get you stopped in Paris...so relax, enjoy the trip, and spark one under the tower!
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

Above advice seems logical. I smoked what I had left if SSH and the 4 hour ride felt like 20 mins. France customs seemed to be totally inactive upon arrival. It was the first train out of Amsterdam, but doubt that matters. A mix of luck, smarts, and overal nonchalant could result in success.
Also if you intend to use Paris's great bike share program make sure all people have an AMEX in their name. One bike per card holder... Learned that the hard way. I won't enter cabs domestically or abroad. The subway is good too. Enjoy and good luck.
Shells sink. Dreams float.
Sailor59

Post by Sailor59 »

The Netherlands, Belgium and France are signatories to the Schengen Agreement for free travel within the member states. Customs should not bother with passengers transiting between these countries. However, the French tend to get a bit arsey with punters bringing weed into France. Christ knows why because Paris is swimming in the stuff. Good advice above. Also, if you want to export a few g then smellproof it well. Buy half a dozen condoms (plenty of them in the 'Dam) wrap it up in three of them, wash in solvent and wrap the other three around it. Stick it in the suitcase. No problems.
Matroos negenenvijftig
Slip & Sal

Post by Slip & Sal »

I got searched, although I was smashed outta my tree and have dreadlocks.
I don't take drugs, I am Drugs.
geoffk

Post by geoffk »

I've taken this journey once. I never say any cops when we exited, but I wasn't carrying at the time. I've taken small amounts into Belgium and Germany with no problems. I'm pretty clean cut, 'cept for the tats, but I'd cover them up if I was carrying.
http://mokum2006.tumblr.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://mokum2008.tumblr.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
gimmeshelter

Post by gimmeshelter »

One way to divert unwanted attention would be to travel first class if your buget permits it. . .
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

Lol i was smashed on the trip, looked like a slob, and had a fatty in my shirt pocket...no probs. heh
Amsterdam dreaming.............
Marco

Post by Marco »

Sailor59 wrote:The Netherlands, Belgium and France are signatories to the Schengen Agreement for free travel within the member states. Customs should not bother with passengers transiting between these countries. However, the French tend to get a bit arsey with punters bringing weed into France. Christ knows why because Paris is swimming in the stuff. Good advice above. Also, if you want to export a few g then smellproof it well. Buy half a dozen condoms (plenty of them in the 'Dam) wrap it up in three of them, wash in solvent and wrap the other three around it. Stick it in the suitcase. No problems.
Schengen does not mean customs cannot and will not search you. All it means is that customs searches went from the border area to know anywhere in the EU. There are customs stops all over, I have seen them on side roads in France.

More like it will be the French police that will stop you on or near the train. They don't mess around and weed is a serious offense in France. Plus, none of the above advice stops drug dogs. Remember, no one who gets caught will tell their story on a messageboard, so be careful!
Panog

Post by Panog »

A big +1 for Marco, I'm French and those bitches are anywhere
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

Ahh, another thread about traveling the train while carrying the lovely, nice. 8)
Hmm, the archives contain travel information regarding this very subject between Amsterdam and - London, Paris, Stuttgart, Aachen, Rome, and several other destinations.
...and not only by rail - buses, ships, and airplanes as well. Our archives are chock full of thoughtful and not so comments. Please enjoy the read... :)
... :mrgreen:
:razz: