Thought For The Day

Anything else.

Moderator: Balou

spidergawd

Re: Thought For The Day

Post by spidergawd »

The First Sign Of Getting Old Is The Discovery That The Volume Control Also Turns To The Left. :shock:

What a long strange trip it is.
Adamster

Post by Adamster »

spidergawd wrote:The First Sign Of Getting Old Is The Discovery That The Volume Control Also Turns To The Left. :shock:
I wouldn't know! I'm deaf from old age :cry:
swizzy

Post by swizzy »

Its friday, get high simple
trips to Amsterdam 19
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

'Here cometh April again,
and as far as I can see
the world has more
fools in it than ever'

Charles Lamb 1775-1834
Bifton

Post by Bifton »

That's the best revenge of all: happiness. Nothing drives people crazier than seeing someone have a good fucking life. Chuck Palahniuk
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Attributed to W.B.Yeats, but a variation on a biblical quotation
Last edited by spidergawd on Sat 20th Feb 2016 05:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

"Bombing for Peace is like Fucking for virginity"

Best banner spotted at Stop the War/ anti-bombing-in-Syria demo in central London yesterday. :mrgreen:
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

A mind is like a parachute.
It doesn't work if it is not open.

Frank Zappa.
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

"My advice to you is to get married. For if you get a good wife, you will become happy. But, if you get a bad one, you will become a philosopher."

- Socrates (470 - 399 BC)[/color] 8)
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

'Anyone who lacks self-confidence is in need of national consciousness'
(one cabaret artist I unfortunately forgot the name of)

One of my all-time favourite lines directed at this nationalist/patriotic/racist scum here, europe and wherever in these dark but also exciting times!
macky

Post by macky »

Jesscass wrote:'Anyone who lacks self-confidence is in need of national consciousness'

One of my all-time favourite lines directed at this nationalist/patriotic/racist scum here, europe and wherever in these dark but also exciting times!
That,s pretty deep Jess……sure you don,t have a little Canadian in you? :D
Papi

Post by Papi »

Jesscass wrote:

Elaborate on that:)
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

macky wrote:
Jesscass wrote:'Anyone who lacks self-confidence is in need of national consciousness'

That,s pretty deep Jess……sure you don,t have a little Canadian in you? :D
I don't give a flying fuck about any nation including Canada :mrgreen: ! I care about people though :wink: ! No one needs to feel ashamed
for wherever born on this little planet by the way but it's nothing special either. Diversity is damn important in all
aspects of life though as, for example, it's way easier to control people if we all would speak the same language.

Nationalty is lowest common ground between human beings though and there is a very thin line beween patriotism, nationalism
and other spineless crap. Life is permanently changing anyway, even though this is another commonplace.
I'd like to see people united through, e.g. mottos like 'Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité'instead of disposalbe cultures.

As said quiete a rough time in Europe and all around the world with conservative right wingers, radicals and other
simple propaganda popping up more and more everywhere, exciting to say the very least!
While we're on it, saddest example of this bullshit are soldiers aka cannonfodder mostly fighting and dying for
the interests of the privilleged ultra-rich laughing at them as in their circles national indentity doesn't matter
too but money and power.

No stupid conspiracy theory just look up human greedy history(it's too easy to stick to random national identities
though instead). Divde and conquer again!
Papi wrote:
Jesscass wrote:

Elaborate on that:)
You or anyone else feel free to take offence, akhi. If the shoe fits, wear it. In fact no problem with naming and
shaming simple minds but not here to explain things to anyone. Whether in this thread or elsewhere. Especially with such a delicate topic as there isn'tso much traffic on this board anyway and don't want to cause trouble. I speak up if necessary but am no keyboard
warrior either and I have to allot my precious time wisely. Over and out.
macky

Post by macky »

A Canadians a person not a country ....not sure how you would feel if someone you knew got blown away yesterday? Everyone got answers till someone shootlng at them D. "There isn,t so much traffic on this board any way" Are you sure Jess we have 20 or more for 420. Many may"allot there precious time wisely" and do not post :lol: