Popping "the" question

Anything else.

Moderator: Balou

montana85

Popping "the" question

Post by montana85 »

Yo guys! Off to The Dam again on 24th July for 4 nights. I wanted to make it a special trip and propose to my girlfriend of 11 years ( should've been done by now I know!). She is the girl of my dreams and makes me happy every time I see her! :mrgreen: We go to Dam every year, sometimes twice. 8) We are real stoners & love the place, so it just seems right that I do it there! Was thinking either in a nice restaurant or in the middle of Dam Square! I have been searching like mad for a ring & I'm taking my mum in town this weekend to finally choose one. I'll update on here from Dam when I ask her. Hopefully she says yes & we can celebrate in style with a mega smoke sesh! I've booked a romantic smoking apartment near Neiuwmarket so all good. Wish me luck, coz I'm nervous as hell!

"Excuse me while I light my spliff, good God I gotta take a lift!"
ftcarer

Re: Popping "the" question

Post by ftcarer »

Good for you mate :mrgreen: I think , 11yrs + sparkly new ring , throw in a bended knee :wink: location will be last on her mind but how about a boat ride ? or 1 of those horse drawn carriage rides :mrgreen:

Whatever you go with all the best :mrgreen:
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
Slip & Sal

Post by Slip & Sal »

good luck and good work
I don't take drugs, I am Drugs.
Steverfc1872

Post by Steverfc1872 »

If the two of you are big stoners and love Amsterdam that much why don't you take her to her favourite coffeeshop and get down on one knee and produce the ring, you never know you might get a wee free bag of weed to help you celebrate if all goes well

Good luck mate :mrgreen:
montana85

Post by montana85 »

Thanks for all your kind words & suggestions! Like the idea of the boat ride, we go on a canal cruise every visit. Coffeeshop idea aswell, did think about Utopia as it's one of our fave shops! Got 3 weeks to lift off so still got time to think about it. Thanks again all! :mrgreen:
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

rent a boat with a nice bottle and go for a romantic evening canal cruise.

edit: good luck!
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
Nimrod

Post by Nimrod »

Take her breath away...twice.
First, with a climb up a church bell tower.
Second, with your proposal.
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Congratulations, hope it all goes well and she accepts :wink:

Nice idea the bell tower.
Amsterdam is a major diamond centre, why not let her choose her own ring while you are there?.
What a long strange trip it is.
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

You have been posted on the July Whos In Town page.

You can see who else may be in town during your stay.

If you don't see yourself, click your refresh or reload button
Your browser sometimes loads pages from your local cache and
you don't get the latest update.

Watch for Toke & Talks, I post them up to the last minute.

Set yourself up with your own T&T or Toke and Talk, where you pick the coffeeshop
(your favorite) and the date and time, I will post it and you wait for folks to
show up, if they do you'll have a T&T. If they don't you still get to enjoy your
favorite coffeeshop!

By default I link your posting to your profile page here on ACD.

I can change it to a web link ( myspace, facebook, personal page )
or an email address if you want.

You can do a little practice shopping on the Coffeeshop Menus page.
Any with arrows are less than six months old.

Any nice new menu pictures you can get will be much appreciated.
Always ask first, better told no than thrown out.

Enjoy
FlyByNite - Travel preference, not business practice
Coffeeshop Menus - Let your Mouse do the walking
montana85

Post by montana85 »

Thanks FlybyNite. Great idea the bell tower! I did think about getting her to choose her own ring, but shopping with her is a nightmare, no joke! We would be looking for the whole trip before she would choose! I love the girl but I never go shopping with her! Lol! Nice idea though! :mrgreen: Thanks for the help guys.
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

montana85 wrote:Thanks FlybyNite. Great idea the bell tower! I did think about getting her to choose her own ring, but shopping with her is a nightmare, no joke! We would be looking for the whole trip before she would choose! I love the girl but I never go shopping with her! Lol! Nice idea though! :mrgreen: Thanks for the help guys.
I thought that was the point of the trip, your girlfriend has got to wear it (hopefully :idea:) on her hand for the rest of her days. Or am I just an old romantic after 42 years with my Mrs?
If I may be cheeky enough to ask, how does your GF get on with your Mum? would she always be cool that Mum chose the ring?
You have to think of these things when you get married, its for ever and it can get a bit tense sometimes. :mrgreen:

Best wishes, Aunty Spider :D
montana85

Post by montana85 »

They actually get on really well. My mum's just coming for some guidance! Me and my girlfriends best mate been looking at rings (they've been best friends for over 20 years!) & picked 3 that we think she will really like! If she didn't like it she can easily change it, but hopefully that ain't the case. As I say I really don't want to be trailing round shops when we could be smoking! :mrgreen: I'm planning to ask her on first night so we got rest of time to celebrate & enjoy our engagement. :mrgreen: 42 years! Good for you spidergawd! Hopefully for many more moons to come! :mrgreen:
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Thanks Montana, and all the best to you and your intended:D.
Old Timer

Post by Old Timer »

montana85 wrote:I'm planning to ask her on first night so we got rest of time to celebrate & enjoy our engagement.
You might want to leave it until the last night, that way you at least enjoy the vast majority of the trip if she says no! :lol:
Joking, good luck!
weoftenscore6

Post by weoftenscore6 »

My fiancée is a designer so has 'very strong thoughts on aesthetics' (ie: Fussy as hell!) so it was a nightmare trying to choose a ring for her.

In the end I went a slightly different route..

I spoke to her Mom a couple of weeks before I proposed. She lent me my fiancée’s grandmothers engagement ring (Jesus Christ I have never looked after something as much as I looked after that ring!) and I proposed with that because it had sentimental value to her and then when we returned to the UK, I let her design her own ring!

8)