overgrow.com

Anything else.

Moderator: Balou

Squeegeeking

overgrow.com

Post by Squeegeeking »

hey did anybody else here usta check out overgrow? Was a great site that kinda vanished just wonderin what happend?

echc1

Post by echc1 »

loved that site....heard many different stories about what happened,vanished about the time of the marc emery troubles...1 rumour was the feds shut it another was the guy who owned it did a bunk with the advertising revenue...lost interest when i couldnt get into it anymore...shame really
Max Flower

Post by Max Flower »

OG was the shit, I especially loved the hash and oil making forums. Learned lots of interesting things there, like the best butane for oil making is Colibri butane amongst other things.
I miss it, I read that the dude who ran it had his house raided by the feds.

Bastards!! Such a fine repository of invaluable information lost.
Ingwey Gooblebogger

Post by Ingwey Gooblebogger »

Yup, dude got busted.

However, it was some time after the Emery raids.

At the time he got busted, I thought "Jesus why didn't he host the site in the Netherlands?"

Max, OG was, indeed, the shit. A great site.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Loved the site! Shame it got busted and the other sites that got done too.
8)
TRANCE

Post by TRANCE »

It had great info about hydroponic growing, electricity costs, equipment and profit margins, etc. Quite useful stuff, but can see why it got pulled because of this. Like someone has already said, host the site in NL, job done!
Boner

Post by Boner »

A lot of the members went to ICMag after it went down.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
Squeegeeking

Post by Squeegeeking »

Word so what is this icmag? Cause i still need a good site like that OG had wayto much info on it very much a shame its gone.
Boner

Post by Boner »

Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

TRANCE wrote:It had great info about hydroponic growing, electricity costs, equipment and profit margins, etc. Quite useful stuff, but can see why it got pulled because of this. Like someone has already said, host the site in NL, job done!

http://www.drugs-forum.com/growfaq/Grow ... Topics.htm
TRANCE

Post by TRANCE »

Kermit wrote:
TRANCE wrote:It had great info about hydroponic growing, electricity costs, equipment and profit margins, etc. Quite useful stuff, but can see why it got pulled because of this. Like someone has already said, host the site in NL, job done!

http://www.drugs-forum.com/growfaq/Grow ... Topics.htm
Nice one. :wink:
cheese

Re: overgrow.com

Post by cheese »

Squeegeeking wrote:hey did anybody else here usta check out overgrow? Was a great site that kinda vanished just wonderin what happend?
that shit went down a long time ago. google it and sift through the hundreds of pages and you may find out what happend.

icmag is a great site.. many breeders on there repping there seed companies and tons of valuable info.
' Smoke em if you got em '
Max Flower

Post by Max Flower »

cheese wrote: google it and sift through the hundreds of pages and you may find out what happend.
No need for him to do that. Just read this thread.
Again, The owners of overgrow were busted.

Squeegee, read more here, I googled and sifted through one page for you.

Cannabisworld.com and Overgrow.com Seized By Police
by Marc Emery (03 Feb, 2006)
Overgrow.com, Cannabisworld.com, Heaven's Stairway Seed Company, and Eurohemp.com Shut Down and Servers Seized by Canadian Police
Cannabisworld.com unavailable
When the world's largest websites for cannabis growers and enthusiasts disappeared from the web on Monday, January 30, it was thought to be a server problem.
As the week dragged on, tens of thousands of members, seed company sponsors, growers and fans worried there might be more than mere 'server' problems as Richard Calrisian (a pseudonym) had not made any statements in any web based media about any 'technical' problems.
Now it appears Heaven's Stairway Seeds (hempqc.com), Cannabisworld.com, Overgrow.com, Eurohemp.com have been shut down and the owners arrested in Canada; all their web properties seized, including the physical servers that held massive databases on thousands of growers, and tens of thousands of photographs of cannabis plants. Seed companies by the dozens used both Overgrow.com and Cannabisworld.com as a main trading ground. Over 40 seed companies had customer service interactive forums on these sites.
All the information held on those servers is now in the hands of police. It is not known what charges have been laid nor against whom. That police have not boasted about this seizure means the investigation is continuing, before any affected parties can react.
Cannabis Culture began receiving emails on Wednesday saying Richard Calrisian and his wife had been arrested along with four employees, but this could not be corroborated.
Overgrow.com unavailable
On the website www.icmag.com, seed merchant Gypsy Nirvana, operating from England where cannabis seeds are legal, posted this news late Friday:
“It is with great sadness that I bring you the news that RC and HS, OG and CW have been taken down by the authorities in Canada.....
...I have it from a bonofide source that it happened on monday and RC's computers/servers have most probably been siezed, they spent 2 days going thru his house and removed alot of stuff ...
His wife and some members of his family were also taken into custody and it's possible that she may be released tommorrow on bail... There has not been a peep in the media about this so there could be a reason why it was not advertised by LEO......BE WARNED! not to try and log on to Overgrow or Cannaworld for now since most certainly the security of that site has been compromised and if it comes back up without me first hearing from RC then it is NOT being run by him.....think about it!
...This could bring up some real security issues with many Overgrow/Cannabisworld members.........be warned guys and do what you need to do to make it safer for all of you.......duck and cover if needs be....
....Yours Faithfully...
Gypsy Nirvana"
As soon as we find out more information about what's happened, we will provide updates here or in the Cannabis Culture forums. Overgrow.com website members are welcome to converge here to find out more and reconnect.
Marc Emery and Jodie Giesz-Ramsay, Friday February 3rd 2006, 6:10pm
Squeegeeking

Post by Squeegeeking »

Man that shizzs just plain sad. Well thanks for the diggin homie. S. K.
~Joe

Post by ~Joe »

Hi cannabis connosieurs, I just wanted to let you know that https://overgrow.com is back online, so story continues :) Does anyone still remember this oldschool site that started around 1999? Its a pretty long time but at the time it was hugely inspirational growing guide that got me hooked on growing...