Recommendations for a Portable Vape

Hardware and techniques: joints, pipes and vaporisers.
Bob2

Re: Recommendations for a Portable Vape

Post by Bob2 »

thanks

Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

stuart1976 wrote: Fri 3rd Mar 2017 07:13 pmthanks
No prob! Also heard some good things about IQ's functionality, but also a noteworthy failure/bugs rate coupled with allegedly abysmal customer-support on the part of Da Vinci, so until they learn to be more attentive to their customer base I will advise others to avoid them and do the same myself.
aVeryOldLady

Post by aVeryOldLady »

I am wondering, if you take your vaporizer with you, how do you clean it so that you are able to take it back home? Does it have to be 100% clean?
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Isopropyl alcohol wipes or Isopropyl/nail varnish remover and cotton buds will do the trick, plus I also then put mine in a smelly proof bag just to be sure.
Although I cant imagine theres many of us stoners returning from Amsterdam who dont whiff of the weed. Anyway vapes aren't illegal so wipe it clean and it be cool. :D
What a long strange trip it is.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

aVeryOldLady wrote: Sun 2nd Jul 2017 11:38 pm I am wondering, if you take your vaporizer with you, how do you clean it so that you are able to take it back home? Does it have to be 100% clean?
In my experience. No it doesn't need to be 100% clean. It just needs to not be covered in weed/hash.

I've had my (used on the way to the airport) Mighty swabbed at security in the UK. I told the officer directly that it was probably covered in traces of cannabis as it had 'spent a lot of time in Amsterdam coffeeshops) and had the officer hand me the unit back telling me 'I'm looking for explosives not drugs'. I was carrying 2 glass bongs, papers, an e-nail. The drug paraphernalia works basically.

Since then I've never even bothered to clean my bongs before taking them home.
Personally I wouldn't worry too much about it. having said that: I probably wouldn't travel with something I wasn't prepared to lose/replace.
aVeryOldLady

Post by aVeryOldLady »

Thank you! Seems like it is no problem to take it back home. Great. :D
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Just be mindful of the reception you may receive at your local airport. You're unlikely to be done for residue -- though it has been known -- but you may attract unwanted attention. A small metal pipe looked odd enough in the scanner to have my bag searched for it; the official who found it sniffed it appreciatively, and didn't search further, but he could have done. Even though I make sure I'm clean as a whistle (apart from the pipe), it wouldn't have been much fun. Since that time I've ditched the pipe-looking pipe in favour of the Amazed one, which doesn't seem to interest scanner readers despite being metal.
aVeryOldLady

Post by aVeryOldLady »

Fortunately, I travel by train or bus so there is not that much attention on my luggage. But you never know if there is a random border control.