Recommendations for a Portable Vape

Hardware and techniques: joints, pipes and vaporisers.
notsofasteddie

Re: Recommendations for a Portable Vape

Post by notsofasteddie »

Best Portable Vaporizers of 2015 (Really)

bleak

Post by bleak »

dconstrukt wrote:i'd like you to try an airizer solo

see how you compare to the mighty.

i'm real curious
Trust me, the Mighty is better than the Solo in almost every possible way. And so it should be... otherwise it would be a complete failure and an embarrassment to Storz and Bickel. The Mighty is almost double the price, and the Solo is a relatively antique product in the vaporizer world. So they'd have to mess up pretty badly to make a worse product. Don't get me wrong, the Solo is still a great vaporizer and I still recommend it to anyone. But even Arizer themselves recognized it was time for an update (hence the Arizer Air, aka the Solo 2.0)

The only possible advantage the Solo has over the Mighty is the glass mouthpiece, which could improve flavour (debatable, as the Mighty has great flavor). Plus, some people specifically DON'T want glass because its breakable. So I've said this before but I'll say it again:

There is no single "best vaporizer", just like there is no single "best car" or "best smartphone" in the world. What is "best" is 100% individual, it depends on how/when/where you use the vaporizer. For example my favorite vaporizer, the Herborizer XL (home unit, not portable), would be the WORST vaporizer for others because its made of fragile glass, doesn't work with concentrates, and its possible to burn your fingers on it. I'm happy to tell people that the Herborizer is my favourite vaporizer, but saying its "the best" vaporizer would be dumb...
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

Spot on Bleak

Incidentally the Herborizer XL is also my favourite vaporizer. I got a Mighty last week and it is fantastic, but I may have to send my unit back because the battery runs out far too quickly. I think one of the two batteries may be defective. I'm only getting about 5 fills out of a full charge but it's supposed to be able to handle 8 fills. Or maybe my sessions are longer than most. Arizer Solo is great too, but the Mighty wins versus it, IMO.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

bleak wrote:I got a Mighty last week and it is fantastic, but I may have to send my unit back because the battery runs out far too quickly. I think one of the two batteries may be defective. I'm only getting about 5 fills out of a full charge but it's supposed to be able to handle 8 fills. Or maybe my sessions are longer than most.
Unfortunately that's definitely a faulty one mate - I get at least 20 full fills out of a single charge - with at least 10-15 being heated from cold.
Hope they get that sorted out quickly for you
dconstrukt

Post by dconstrukt »

im a little leery on the stors and bickel stuff…. had a volcano… heating coil went out after a day…. this happened on 2 occasions… i just gave up and sent it back.

thanks bleak for the write up.

solo works great for me… just real curious WHAT the advantage is for the mighty vs it.

but thanks for the heads up.
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

dconstrukt wrote:im a little leery on the stors and bickel stuff…. had a volcano… heating coil went out after a day…. this happened on 2 occasions… i just gave up and sent it back.

solo works great for me… just real curious WHAT the advantage is for the mighty vs it.

I know 3 people who got their volcano for over 6 years without problems :shock:
you must be rly unlucky lol
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

RvanSteensel wrote:
dconstrukt wrote:im a little leery on the stors and bickel stuff…. had a volcano… heating coil went out after a day…. this happened on 2 occasions… i just gave up and sent it back.

I know 3 people who got their volcano for over 6 years without problems :shock:
you must be rly unlucky lol
very unlucky...or perhaps a questionable dealer or source?
mine is old and works like a charm.
bleak

Post by bleak »

dconstrukt wrote:just real curious WHAT the advantage is for the mighty vs it.
Sure thing, here you go:

Advantages of Mighty vs Solo
- Most importantly: Mighty produces much, MUCH bigger hits with very little draw restriction. in other words, you can take gigantic cloudy rips on the Mighty that leave the Solo shaking in the corner. At least in terms of vapor production (isn't that the point?), the Mighty is so much better that theres no competition, its is a different category to ANY portable I've tested, not just the Solo. In actual usage, this means the Solo is more of a 'sipper' like the Magic Flight, where the Mighty is 'skul! skul! skul!' hehehe
- Improved battery life
- Larger bowl capacity
- Precise digital temp control
- Mouthpiece is attached and cannot fall out when tipped over
- No need for aftermarket accessories & modifications to optimize it, works perfectly out of the box
- Durability- the Mighty has no glass pieces, its drop-proof and does feel more 'solid/high-end' in the hand (again, so it should for the money)
- More pocketable (its flat instead of square)
- Unit is self contained, the mouthiece folds into the device instead of being an extra piece to look after. Meaning you can pull it out of your pocket, vape, and put it straight back in your pocket (the Solo's glass stem prevents this)

The Mighty is not perfect, but its better than the Solo in almost every possible way I can think of. Hope that clears it up! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Regarding S&B brand - I've never owned one of their products myself but I have plenty of experience with them. You are incredibly unlucky to have 2 Volcano's stop working in 2 weeks. S&B products are well known for their build quality, many people have 10+ year old units, used daily and still ticking. For you to get 2 lemons in a row, they must have had a bad manufacturing run. So I'm kinda surprised you gave up with 500 euros down the drain. Personally I would have kicked up a huge fuss, warranty is warranty and they are legally obliged to get you a working Volcano, one way or another.
Old Timer

Post by Old Timer »

As a long-time owner of the Solo, and a recent owner of the Crafty (exactly the same as the Mighty, as far as I'm aware, with one battery instead of 2), I can confirm that the Crafty is way better than the Solo.
I've loved the Solo ever since I've had it, but the Crafty is in another league altogether.
Much bigger hits with much less effort (or draw restriction to quote bleak).
Not cheap, but the best very rarely is.
Just for record, as I know there has been a lot discussion about the Crafty app on other forums (FuckCombustion for example) and its supported phones, the firmware version on my unit is the latest V02.07 and the app is working perfectly on my Galaxy Note 4 running Android Lollipop 5.0.1.
dconstrukt

Post by dconstrukt »

@bleak + @ old timer - thanks guys.

you guys rock.

appreciate you taking the time to write that. I'm gonna get me a mighty now. :-)

love the solo… reading that, i totally got the mental picture.

i'll find the best deal online from a good site.

ya… think i ordered it last time from a fucked up dealer or something…. just got tired of it and sent it back…. plus breathing out of a bag wasn't exactly smoking for me… lol :)
DedsOne

Post by DedsOne »

i told ya! :)
woodz60

Post by woodz60 »

I am thrilled to have just graduated from a Magic Flight Launch Box to a Pax 2. There (for me) was a learning curve with the MFLB, and I am starting to learn how to use my Pax. One thing I am starting to notice is that the mouthpiece gets pretty hot. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I am getting it with both mouthpieces. I have burnt about 12-14 oven loads. Could it need cleaning already?
I may be stoned, but don't take me for granite...
woodz60

Post by woodz60 »

Fast forward a couple of weeks, and I think I have my Pax 2 figured out (at least the smoking part...) I am loving the effects, but, I seem to be using more herbs than with my MFLB. Maybe it's my excitement at having a new, cool toy, and sneaking out to use it as often as possible (I used to hide from my parents, now, I gotta hide from the kids.) I am loving the stealth of this gadget, and am quite impressed with the battery life and the vapor quality. :thumbup: :thumbup: for the Pax 2.
I may be stoned, but don't take me for granite...
dconstrukt

Post by dconstrukt »

so far mighty is pretty good… there's SO much airflow vs the solo.

i still love the solo… but mighty is good.

need to do a side by side comparison with the same herb.

different herb has different smoke…. so only way to really compare it is to do a side by side with the same stuff.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

dconstrukt wrote:need to do a side by side comparison with the same herb
That would be really interesting - looking forward to that.

Glad you've bought the Mighty - I'm three months in and still loving mine. She's taken a few knocks - a few of the plastic ribs near the bowl piece have broken off and the batteries aren't quite what they used to be. But she's vaping 1 - 2g a day both in and and outdoor and showing no real signs of fatigue other than the aforementioned so I'm very happy with the performance and durability.

I'd highly recommend keeping the unit plugged in when you're at home - the pass through charging is great and will help to keep those batteries as fresh as possible. On that note - a good friend of mine (who's a bit of a battery geek :)) told me to try not to ever deplete the batteries entirely. He reckons that could extend their life by 30-40%.