Vaporizer Vs Verdamper - Insights Please

Hardware and techniques: joints, pipes and vaporisers.
Greentroll

Vaporizer Vs Verdamper - Insights Please

Post by Greentroll »

As I moved past the aged-40 mark, the tobacco-packed reefers, yummy and satisfying as they were became untenable. Long story short - gave up tobacco and started vaping. Pros and cons - For another discussion.

Volcano, arizer, mighty, FF2, you name it, i tried it but i never tried those weird looking bong things in some CS, and love that they're called "Verdamper" (try saying that word without a Dutch accent and stoned look in your eye.)

1. Is a Verdamper similar to a volcano or other vape? Harsher? Weaker? Effects? How much goes in the bowl?

2. Which coffee Shops have one and are they all the same?

TIA

OneHighMofo

Re: Vaporizer Vs Verdamper - Insights Please

Post by OneHighMofo »

Helloooo - the verdamper. Should be given props due to it's changing of the game in NL; As I believe I'm correct in saying that this was the first 'popular' vaporising device?

They're largely the same in every shop that carries them (quite an exhaustive list - including but not limited to 137, Katsu, Baba and some more that I can't remember but might edit it in later if no-one beats me to it). There are a few slight differences, some have a strange valve that I've never been able to figure out what it's for; some have rubber flexible joints for the mouthpiece but they pretty much all the same.

Function?
Hmmmm. It's OK. The Volcano will give you better flavour. As will just about (including some cheap ass ones) every other vape I've tried. The problem is that they're too damn large and there's a lot of water in them which means lots of flavour loss. Add the fact that you need to put at least .25 of a gram in the bowl (unlike all the other devices on the market where that's a maximum) and it's not the 'optimal' vaping experience imo.

What you do get. Is a massive rip (once you're practised at using your hand over the top of the coil to add more heat). So that's the best bit! And not to be scoffed at :) I'd definitely recommend having a go.

There's a much smaller version on the market that attaches to any glass bong. It's the same principle entirely but looks a lots slicker and is a lot more portable. Buggered if I can remember the name but Azarius headshop sell them (sorry am pushed for time or I'd look it up for you).

Have fun - looks like I'll miss you by just a few days I fly in on the 28th what a shame would have been good to meet you.
Enjoy the CC and DLN. They're great company. Good luck :wink:
Greentroll

Post by Greentroll »

OneHighMofo wrote: Thu 6th Jul 2017 04:16 pm Helloooo - the verdamper. Should be given props due to it's changing of the game in NL; As I believe I'm correct in saying that this was the first 'popular' vaporising device?

They're largely the same in every shop that carries them (quite an exhaustive list - including but not limited to 137, Katsu, Baba and some more that I can't remember but might edit it in later if no-one beats me to it). There are a few slight differences, some have a strange valve that I've never been able to figure out what it's for; some have rubber flexible joints for the mouthpiece but they pretty much all the same.

Function?
Hmmmm. It's OK. The Volcano will give you better flavour. As will just about (including some cheap ass ones) every other vape I've tried. The problem is that they're too damn large and there's a lot of water in them which means lots of flavour loss. Add the fact that you need to put at least .25 of a gram in the bowl (unlike all the other devices on the market where that's a maximum) and it's not the 'optimal' vaping experience imo.

What you do get. Is a massive rip (once you're practised at using your hand over the top of the coil to add more heat). So that's the best bit! And not to be scoffed at :) I'd definitely recommend having a go.

There's a much smaller version on the market that attaches to any glass bong. It's the same principle entirely but looks a lots slicker and is a lot more portable. Buggered if I can remember the name but Azarius headshop sell them (sorry am pushed for time or I'd look it up for you).

Have fun - looks like I'll miss you by just a few days I fly in on the 28th what a shame would have been good to meet you.
Enjoy the CC and DLN. They're great company. Good luck :wink:
Hey man thanks, that was a great read. Heck you guys on this forum are so damn friendly and helpful! Gonna check me out a verdamper for sure, and .25 is acceptable. Keep my hand on top for extra hot hits, plus the heating element is beast i believe. Shame i'll miss you by a few days, have a great one.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

My pleasure entirely sir - It's nice to be be able to help.
here's the low down on video.

Here's the 'Herborizer' I was telling you about - I'd love to have a go on one of these. Someone was supposed to be bringing one (or buying one) over 4/20 this year but I can't remember who and it never materialised.
Pierre von Mondragon

Post by Pierre von Mondragon »

I had a Verdamper in my room when I was back home for a trip, the more you use it the better it gets, and the better efficiency you gain. A narrowing mouthpiece might be the only thing I'd change about it. Excellent for getting the flavours of your weed, totally worth it if you can.