Bringing a vape to Amsterdam

Hardware and techniques: joints, pipes and vaporisers.
acidhaus

Bringing a vape to Amsterdam

Post by acidhaus »

What's up everyone! I have a 2 month trip coming up to Amsterdam. Looking forward to trying out every coffeeshop in this directory haha.

I really love my vaporizer (I bought this crazy expensive $500 thing: https://vaporizersdirect.com.au/mighty-vaporizer) and want to bring it on my trip with me.

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience going Australia -> Amsterdam and I'm wondering if I'll have any trouble. I'll wash it out thoroughly and it looks more like a walkie talkie than anything. I doubt customs would know.

Also happy to hear horror stories to scare me out of doing it. Just let me know!

DjShaggy

Re: Bringing a vape to Amsterdam

Post by DjShaggy »

bringing it to dam wont be a problem. wouldnt fancy trying to bring it back to australia tho. if your gonna be there for 2 months it might be worth picking up a budget vape and ditching (or gifting) it at the end of your stay.
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Could always clean and post it back...
You'll deffo have no probs getting it into the Dam I take mine every trip. Those TV shows we get about Aussie customs though.... jeez they'd make any vape carriers blood run cold. Honestly I've never even seen a customs officer when returning to the UK. Not once!
Vapors

Post by Vapors »

I always take a Vape to A'dam with me, I like my own. Sometimes I get a cheaper one for $100 or so and just leave it with my favorite Budtender, sometimes I bring them home -depends on the Vape. When I've brought my Crafty, I've just packed an extra top because that's where any residual weed and smell might be lurking, no matter how well you clean it, or I've just ditched the top. I've never had a problem getting it back in the States and figure if they do stop me, it's clean-enough.

For my next trip I'm bringing a Fury2-works great and cost about $120. Not sure I my Budtender will inherit this one.

If you do take your Mighty, make sure you really clean out those ridges on the body-they collect a LOT of weed :wink:
Lara_1988

Post by Lara_1988 »

I've carried a used vape into the UK before and my heart stopped when I saw dogs as I hadn't cleaned it.... wasn't stopped though

Still a lesson was learnt.. just play it safe
Carver99

Post by Carver99 »

Make sure you remove all plant matter! There is nothing illegal about a vaporizer .... it is what is in it which is the problem!!!
private_press

Post by private_press »

I've just purchased a Crafty! :mrgreen:
Looking to take it with me to Amsterdam soon, UK > Schiphol.

What's the deal with taking vapes through security? Since there's a battery inside, do you need to take it out of your bag with other electronics or can you just get away keeping it inside unless asked to?

It's gonna be brand new on the outbound journey.

I'm planning on using the dosing capsules to save loose herb staying in the chamber and being a faff on to clean out. Also purchased some specific vape cleaning wipes and a smell proof case to keep it in.

Any further advice anyone can give? I know it's meant to be totally fine as long as it's all clean, but my nervous disposition makes me anxious about these things haha. :lol:
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

private_press wrote: Sun 26th May 2019 11:55 am I've just purchased a Crafty! :mrgreen:
What's the deal with taking vapes through security? Since there's a battery inside, do you need to take it out of your bag with other electronics or can you just get away keeping it inside unless asked to?

It's gonna be brand new on the outbound journey.

I'm planning on using the dosing capsules to save loose herb staying in the chamber and being a faff on to clean out. Also purchased some specific vape cleaning wipes and a smell proof case to keep it in.

Any further advice anyone can give? I know it's meant to be totally fine as long as it's all clean, but my nervous disposition makes me anxious about these things haha. :lol:
I travel with my Mighty, if it's in your hand luggage expect it to be taken out of your bag, inspected and probably swabbed although I wouldn't worry too though as much I've been told directly by the customs officer in question that they were looking for explosives not drugs when I looked agast and mumbled something about it "spending a lot of time in Amsterdam Coffeeshops". Put it in the hold if you'd prefer it didn't attract attention.
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

Last trip I decided to leave my Mighty at home and travel with a cheap one (Storm Sapphire), more so the Mighty doesn't get broken or lost than worries about airport security... but I had no issues at all at either end with it. No need to take it out of your hand luggage, actually at Schiphol a couple of weeks back I started taking my laptop out of my rucksack as I had in the UK and was told that wasn't necessary and to put it back in so I doubt they'd be bothered about smaller devices. It might get inspected anyway after the scan but they won't care if it is reasonably clean.
private_press

Post by private_press »

Awesome - thanks for the advice!

I guess like with most things, there are waaaay bigger fish to fry! Looking forwards to vaping some hash 8)