Bad News UAE

PotHead

Bad News UAE

Post by PotHead »

This showed up in my local newspaper:

Briton and Syrian sentenced to death for drug dealing in Abu Dhabi
A 19-year-old Syrian and a Briton, 21, were both sentenced to death yesterday for selling an undercover policeman Dh1,500 worth of marijuana (20 grams).

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-news ... -abu-dhabi

I think this sentence will likely be appealed and converted to 20 years. Good luck to these two gents.

PotHead out

Music without drums is just folk music.
treetop

Re: Bad News UAE

Post by treetop »

PotHead wrote:This showed up in my local newspaper:

Briton and Syrian sentenced to death for drug dealing in Abu Dhabi
A 19-year-old Syrian and a Briton, 21, were both sentenced to death yesterday for selling an undercover policeman Dh1,500 worth of marijuana (20 grams).

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-news ... -abu-dhabi

I think this sentence will likely be appealed and converted to 20 years. Good luck to these two gents.
20 years for 20 grams. that is 1 year per gram. total fucking insanity.

I don't know about the rest of you but it is getting to the point (for me) where I avoid even connecting flights out of the middle east region.

and before the PC police shoot me down it is purely for reasons of self preservation.
How much did you produce?
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

RIP two stupid dudes
rockin into the night
LionofJudah

Post by LionofJudah »

stupid sounds a bit harsh, but they really didn't do a good risk/reward assessment it seems...
PotHead

Post by PotHead »

LionofJudah wrote:stupid sounds a bit harsh, but they really didn't do a good risk/reward assessment it seems...
I have done the assessment and I abstain. But I do yearn for the bud!

PotHead
PotHead out

Music without drums is just folk music.
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

Ergo stupid...if you don't know what that place is about yer stupid..and they were...one of the worst places in the world for people like us...
rockin into the night
Hypno

Post by Hypno »

Bonglord is completely right. You're not even allowed codeine there with a prescription. How much money could that guy have been making on that deal, that it would be worth risking his life?
milehigh

Post by milehigh »

USBONGLORD wrote:Ergo stupid...if you don't know what that place is about yer stupid..and they were...one of the worst places in the world for people like us...
Worse then Japan.

We just had a college student arrested in Japan for receiving one edible in the mail that he did not know was coming. They gave him 10 years but expelled him to the US. Can you imagine getting caught with extracts there? Stupid, yes.

btw, I may pop into one of your TnT's and teach you a little about what a good extract really is. I am coming loaded for bear buddy.
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

Lol...you will meet mr crusher...so gooda....good ,I will enjoy seeing your stuff,and learning new techniques..(i already vacuum purge)I'm sure it will be top shelf...on the subject of Japan,you can be pissed on the spot and coming up dirty lands you a year in jail...but at least yer alive :mrgreen:
rockin into the night
Dave J

Post by Dave J »

When sentenced to death in these countries I wander how many realise to keep the rest of the people in order it can often be a public execution which involves having there head chopped off!.

As said stupid when they would clearly know the risks before hand.