The New Amsterdam Block Hash (Amsterdam Genetics)

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
Amsterdam Genetics

Re: The New Amsterdam Block Hash (Amsterdam Genetics)

Post by Amsterdam Genetics »

Hello Y'all!

F.Y.I:
High quality hashish blocks (i.e. Tangerine G13 Block) are made from the trichomes of the very first sieving over the screen used in the manufacturing process. This is where the largest and purest trichomes are released, which are then further refined and pressed into these super high quality hashish blocks. There is also a secondary sieving carried out but this obviously delivers a secondary quality hashish block, as you are now left with much smaller trichomes with which to work with. A third and final sieving is carried out where by the trichomes from this sieving are generally used to manufacture a much more inferior and commercial product.

If you need more information, feel free to contact us.

Kind regards,

Amsterdam Genetics

macky

Post by macky »

Amsterdam Genetics wrote:Hello Y'all!

F.Y.I:
High quality hashish blocks (i.e. Tangerine G13 Block) are made from the trichomes of the very first sieving over the screen used in the manufacturing process. This is where the largest and purest trichomes are released, which are then further refined and pressed into these super high quality hashish blocks. There is also a secondary sieving carried out but this obviously delivers a secondary quality hashish block, as you are now left with much smaller trichomes with which to work with. A third and final sieving is carried out where by the trichomes from this sieving are generally used to manufacture a much more inferior and commercial product.

Kind regards,

Amsterdam Genetics
Your strain double Blue ,is cross of double bubblegum .My ? Is it a strain of Simons or one of your own? Same as your AK 47 ,is it long time clone cross? Looking for winter indoor strains Thanks in advance :D
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

Amsterdam Genetics wrote:Hello Y'all!

F.Y.I:

Kind regards,

Amsterdam Genetics

Well, that makes sense...

...I'm kinda dumbfounded no one figured that out themselves... Even though we all watched that documentary with the guy honking his horn on the mountain... Duh!!

...I think you're all smoking too much wacky baccy!

...No idea what my excuse is?!
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Welcome to the forum Amsterdam Genetics, great to see you on here!

Thanks for the clarifying info, which makes sense (and as previous poster pointed out in principle is not much different than the traditional processes or even bubble / ice where different qualities also are gained by the same sort of selection). We still maintain that the way that it is presented in the article is a little misleading, but hey, It's marketing so what can you expect...?

A big thumbs up for all your work at Boer etc. in general, you have many dedicated fans here and not without reason, please stick around and share some more insider info, we will make sure to put it to good use! ;)

Also, if you can handle the somewhat pedantic style of some of our posts and the high level (in many cases justifyed) of bitching when a shop or product isn't up to par, this forum, in our maybe not so humble opinions, is the number one source for reliable info "from the informed visitor / customer" about the perceptions and experiences of shops, products and the market in general...

Oh, and our bad, it was the Tangie G13 block we were referring to previously, very tasty stuff but not the same exceptional value as the GBB (so yummy!) or the insanely good valued white choc block (in our opinions and as stated more than once the value product in a shop wrt potency for the money, taste is awesome too).

All in all, cheers and keep up the good work (farm) boys!
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Hi, Amsterdam Genetics (should we call you Gene?) Great to see that you like engaging with your devoted public. Can you shed any light on the sadly missed AM block – why it changed so dramatically, then disappeared completely, and will it ever return?
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Hello Amsterdam Genetics and welcome :D
Fat_old_dwarf wrote: Can you shed any light on the sadly missed AM block – why it changed so dramatically, then disappeared completely, and will it ever return?
It looks like it was on the menu last month:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y58SVStfhnA
Last edited by Marok21 on Wed 31st Aug 2016 04:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Hmm interesting response, assuming this account is legit (excuse my skepticism, it's just in light of the recent onslaught of dubious - spammer/alter/troll accounts, I'm always left scratching my head a bit). Anyway, for now welcome to ACD.

I'm curious, you never really responded to the claim in the article that everyone on here addressed: is it that amount of "dried buds" required to make one gram of "block hash"? Or was that indeed a typo?

I look forward to hearing your feedback!

ETA: as far as actual coffeeshops go, I'm a big enough fan of Boer, they have much more friendly pricing than just about any other shops in NL, so no real beef intended if this poster is legit a Boerejongens affiliate :D
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

DeLeuksteNUGS16 wrote:
I'm curious, you never really responded to the claim in the article that everyone on here addressed: is it that amount of "dried buds" required to make one gram of "block hash"? Or was that indeed a typo?
I think it was addressed.... 150g of dried buds, 1st sift = Grade "A".... The same 150g is then sifted again for Grade "B", and so on... So it's the same 150g used multiple times resulting in gradually decreasing quality...

...Hope that helps.
DedsOne

Post by DedsOne »

I have too say im really skeptical too all this. How is it possible to keep the low prices if u sift 150g and get 1g of block quality, and then proceed too sift it again for less potent stuff, and then a third sift, it doesent make any sence why and how it can be so cheap compared too Iceoloater. I just really think they mix some really nice sift from highquality plants wit some freshly made and cheap marrocan.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

DeLeuksteNUGS16 wrote:I'm curious, you never really responded to the claim in the article that everyone on here addressed: is it that amount of "dried buds" required to make one gram of "block hash"? Or was that indeed a typo?
Yeah that was the reason why many people are curios about the article... a return of less than 1% sounds crazy... it would be nice if you could say something about how much the farmers get from the different sievings...
Amsterdam Genetics wrote:High quality hashish blocks (i.e. Tangerine G13 Block) are made from the trichomes of the very first sieving over the screen used in the manufacturing process. This is where the largest and purest trichomes are released, which are then further refined and pressed into these super high quality hashish blocks. There is also a secondary sieving carried out but this obviously delivers a secondary quality hashish block, as you are now left with much smaller trichomes with which to work with. A third and final sieving is carried out where by the trichomes from this sieving are generally used to manufacture a much more inferior and commercial product. If you need more information, feel free to contact us.Kind regards,Amsterdam Genetics
Maybe I understand it wrong... but for me that is the usual way of producing hash in morocco... I mean they have for example that 150g of "buds"... so when they produce the hash they make different qualities (1st sieve, 2nd and so on). The usual "high quality" hash u can get is also still advertised as it was made of the first sieving...
Amsterdam Genetics wrote:which are then further refined and pressed into these super high quality hashish blocks.
Maybe that is the point... what means "refined" exactly? :D or I just misinterpreted ur answer :lol:

edit
just forgot :lol: like DeLeuksteNUGS16 wrote it would be interesting to know if they use "dry buds" to make the hash
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Marok21 wrote:
DeLeuksteNUGS16 wrote:I'm curious, you never really responded to the claim in the article that everyone on here addressed: is it that amount of "dried buds" required to make one gram of "block hash"? Or was that indeed a typo?
Yeah that was the reason why many people are curios about the article... a return of less than 1% sounds crazy... it would be nice if you could say something about how much the farmers get from the different sievings...
Amsterdam Genetics wrote:High quality hashish blocks (i.e. Tangerine G13 Block) are made from the trichomes of the very first sieving over the screen used in the manufacturing process. This is where the largest and purest trichomes are released, which are then further refined and pressed into these super high quality hashish blocks. There is also a secondary sieving carried out but this obviously delivers a secondary quality hashish block, as you are now left with much smaller trichomes with which to work with. A third and final sieving is carried out where by the trichomes from this sieving are generally used to manufacture a much more inferior and commercial product. If you need more information, feel free to contact us.Kind regards,Amsterdam Genetics
Maybe I understand it wrong... but for me that is the usual way of producing hash in morocco... I mean they have for example that 150g of "buds"... so when they produce the hash they make different qualities (1st sieve, 2nd and so on). The usual "high quality" hash u can get is also still advertised as it was made of the first sieving...
Amsterdam Genetics wrote:which are then further refined and pressed into these super high quality hashish blocks.
Maybe that is the point... what means "refined" exactly? :D or I just misinterpreted ur answer :lol:

edit
just forgot :lol: like DeLeuksteNUGS16 wrote it would be interesting to know if they use "dry buds" to make the hash
You took the words right out of my mouth, mate, cheers! Very same thoughts I had when read this today. Was like 'Wait! What?' respectively 'What else is new?'. Sort of scary no one mentioned this yet.

@Amsterdam Genetics

Welcome to the forum. Sorry but can't resist: your statement I heard a thousand times from random budtenders from random coffeeshops praising their too often overpriced gear.
Can you please give us more detail about methods of processing? To me it looks like you said moroccan farmers used certain strains from foreign genepools instead of their own landrace and seedlines - we sort of all know this already. No need for advertizing. They really need to improve their methods of dry sifting and among others started to process half dried plants and all that. We had a very fine discussion a couple of weeks back so please take a look and comment? https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/viewt ... 95#p393258 and ends at page 58 :lol: . Thanks in advance.

@DedsOne

Agree again.
As far as I was told they e.g. produce about 1kg of high quality from say 100kg plant matter or [insert amount]of second quality from like 100kg plant matter or 4-5kg of commercial grade(sort of soapbar)from 100kg plant matter. There are too many farms out there though with various methods and grades but roughly its like that.
Though like you described it too, utter chaos. Latter one is quite common with dry sift and ice-o-lators regarding indoor growing or what ever outside of traditional hash producing countries in my personal experience.
Once I heard for really high grade in Moroccon on demand they only use buds instead of whole plants and only gently sieve them so only mature trichomes fall off. That sounds like a good point to start with :mrgreen: ! And so on and so on.
Again, utter chaos!
Again this could all be sorted with proper screens, their methods are very old faishioned. You also have to take the size of trichomes into consideration in fact and use proper screens individually to cope with them(also size of trichomes differs outdoors). Again an illegal business for profit aimed mostly at uneducated masses(no offence intended)so will take ages but hope dies again last.
Amsterdam Genetics

The New Amsterdam Block Hash (Amsterdam Genetics)

Post by Amsterdam Genetics »

Hi there,

Professor Harvest overhere.
To answer your question on the AM block. Firstly we only work with the best quality products and when a product is finished it really is finished. We will not then sell a different product under the same name just for business. We absolutley do not work like that. The whole range of blocks is something very new and something that has been in development for some time now. We want to test the full range of Blocks with our customers, to understand which blocks the customers find best. Thats why you see more and more variaties being introduced.
The AM block will be back don’t worry about that but not until it is the same qaulity or better than the last one.

About the Double Blue;
Double Blue is a cross from Double Gum and Blue Dream – Please see information taken from our webiste http://www.amsterdamgenetics.com below

Parents: Double Gum x Blue Dream
Type: indica dominant hybrid
Taste: fruity / sweet / berries
Effect: long lasting bodybuzz
Flowering time: 9 – 10 weeks

The Double Blue is a truly unique one of a kind. Blue Dream has already been an amazing strain but by crossing it with the very sweet Double Gum we believe a true winner has emerged. The cross breading carried out has changed nothing of the Blue Dreams heavy narcotic effect, only the spicy aroma of the Blue Dream has been over taken with the overwhelming sweet taste of the Double Gum. The beautiful sativa-like buds come with a beautiful blue tone and glow with a sea of crystals, making it a feast for the eye. Due to the strains tremendous growth capacity it is very suitable for applying the so-called scrog method (screen of green).

About the price - Boerejongens is from 2007 till now always been constantly fair with their prices. Their wellknown success is to provide the best quality for everybody by keeping the cheapest price possible.

For example the iceolator 2008 vs. 2016; (all produced in The Netherlands)

2008Big Buddha Cheese 20,- p.g.
Amnesia G13 Ice - 20,- p.g.
Boereballen 15/20,- p.g.
Blue Lavender Ice - 7,50

Ketama ice 18,-

All because IT IS possible!

Voor onze Nederlanders: 'Vraag niet hoe het kan, maar geniet er van!'

Thanks for the support – We intend to stick around and be as open and social with our customers as possible and will answer as many
question as we can, as long as it does not get anyone or any business into any problems. And please understand we can’t give all our secrets away.

Kind regards,

Professor Harvest - Amsterdam Genetics
www.amsterdamgenetics.com
Cry Tuff

Post by Cry Tuff »

Hey Prof Harvest . Any chance that you could give some insight into what binding substance is used in your bloc product ? This remains a topic of contention in certain circles . Cheers .
DedsOne

Post by DedsOne »

Proffessor harvest thanks for your reply, even tho u seem too avoid the real questions asked, so to me your post means nada sadly. :cry:
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

"for all our fellow Dutchies, don't ask how it's possible, just enjoy that it is"
:roll: