The New Amsterdam Block Hash (Amsterdam Genetics)

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
CopenhagenCouple

Re: The New Amsterdam Block Hash (Amsterdam Genetics)

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Sweet piece on both the test and our discussions in here, although it must, at least to some, by definition mean that rollingstoned is also now in the pocket of AG / Boer... ;)

Thanks to both DLN and marok for the great reviews, the new blocks sound killer! The AK x choco block sounds almost to good to be true, gimme gimme gimme!

Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
kalima

Post by kalima »

[quote="CopenhagenCouple"]Sweet piece on both the test and our discussions in here, although it must, at least to some, by definition mean that rollingstoned is also now in the pocket of AG / Boer... ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DedsOne

Post by DedsOne »

Postby CopenhagenCouple » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:43 am

Sweet piece on both the test and our discussions in here, although it must, at least to some, by definition mean that rollingstoned is also now in the pocket of AG / Boer... ;)

https://www.instagram.com/unclekush_rs/ come on guys, wake up! its 2016, businesses dont give out free stuff without wanting something back. :D :D :D
Last edited by DedsOne on Mon 10th Oct 2016 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Marok21 wrote:
kalima wrote:Quick question, can you smoke at the coffeeshop, or is a buy and fly place ?
They have a little comfy smoker room upstairs but it´s not allowed to smoke with tabacco. In the past it used to be a buy and fly shop but they added that smoker room upstairs since some time.

@DeLeuksteNUGS16 What do you thinking of your rosin versions so far? :mrgreen:
The rosin really revealed something about the quality. The AK Choco was too sappy, and difficult to collect, so I much preferred to leave that one as hash and smoke it pure in the bong.

The Blue Dream had some strong and nice flavor, albeit a bit of your "typical" block-hash rosin in my experience, though that's not a bad thing. I used to smoke only that, I just on the whole don't dab like I once did. I digress, the flavor is nice sweet, floral - with a sublte spicyness. Potency is there, and high is nice and soaring buzz like the hash it's pressed from. This was the most stable of the three rosins which I certainly appreciate. I would this hash is the most "accessible" because it works good as both rosin and smoked as is. Color was a darker, amber with vague reddish hues from this one.

The Kosher-Choco revealed itself when pressed as it yielded a much lighter than the others, almost golden, light-amber colored rosin. that with respect to stability was somewhere between the other two, not the easiest to gather, but not as difficult to deal with as the AK-Choco. This one had a very nice smell-to-taste transfer and was a richer, more chocalaty take on the BD, potency and smoothness of the buzz were certainly there too.

Overall it was interesting to see what the rosin'd products turned out like, I think once pressed it became clear that the KosherxChoco was indeed the superior product of the the three. I would say it made the best rosin for sure.

In the end the Blue Dream is a good go-to for price-tag/value, potency and easiness to smoke both as is, and rosin. The AK Choco would be my choice for just smoking, I just love the smell of the stuff but handling it even as is can be a bit of a challenge, in rosin forget about it. Still definitely if you store it in some parchment paper correctly it's manageable and again, perhaps even more so than the Blue Dream for 9 per g the value here is pretty much as stated on par with what I'd pay outside of the CS's.
kushy

Post by kushy »

@DeLeuksteNUGS16 can I ask you what you use as a filter when you press the hash? I've been experimenting with pressing cheap 5-6euro hash like King Hassan, getting quite a good yield by using a tea bag around the hash into parchment paper, but still getting some contamination, should I look for some micro mesh, steel screen material? Thanks!
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

DLN uses some quite fancy screens that a certain tall rosin enthusiast that has been known to frequent this forum procures for him if we are not entirely mistaken... IWRC they were of some greyish material, but he was kind enough to pass us four nylon screens that are excellent and quite heavy duty!

Have since discovered that 73 u bubble or dry sift nylon screens cut to size work like a charm, although they are a little less sturdy and risk ripping if you are a little too rough.careful with the temperature when using nylon, even though there is a good way up to the melting point at hash rosin temperatures the ductile strength of nylon drops rapidly above 100 degrees C and you risk tearing the screen a lot easier. You may also risk that some elements in the nylon polymer mix gassify at temperatures lower than the melting point and consequently contaminate your rosin. Best to stay below 100 to be safe...
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
kushy

Post by kushy »

OK thanks for the info! I was rather hoping there would be an easy option like wrapping the hash in a fine pipe screen, which I heard somewhere. The teabag is not quite man enough!
CloudMaster

Post by CloudMaster »

Have you ever tried pressing with more than one tea bag? Try 2 bags to avoid splits and reduce contamination.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Coffee filters work great.
Or Amazon sells 25u mesh - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1
kushy

Post by kushy »

Great advice, I'll try coffee filters and the mesh!

Newbie to dabbing and have to say, what a game changer! My collection of vapes look rather rejected in the corner, love the efficiency of a dab against the heavy consumption of other methods, the high is a gift that just keeps giving! 8)
Freshouttheoven

Post by Freshouttheoven »

Dear Amsterdam Genetics,

I recently came across an instagram post from one of your Coffeeshops, Regine in Haarlem. Unfortunately the post has been removed. When I saw the menu I was very surprised. The Tangerine G13 Block and the Kosher Tangie Block are a lot cheaper compared to Boerejongens.

The Tangerine G13 Block is 13,50 a gram and @ Boerejongens 20 euro. That's 50% more expensive!
The Kosher Tangie Block is 12,50 a gram and @ Boerejongens 16 euro. That's 30% more expensive!

I feel ripped off :(
gapie

Post by gapie »

thnx for the info mate fooking hell
GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
macky

Post by macky »

Freshouttheoven wrote:Dear Amsterdam Genetics,

I recently came across an instagram post from one of your Coffeeshops, Regine in Haarlem. Unfortunately the post has been removed. When I saw the menu I was very surprised. The Tangerine G13 Block and the Kosher Tangie Block are a lot cheaper compared to Boerejongens.

The Tangerine G13 Block is 13,50 a gram and @ Boerejongens 20 euro. That's 50% more expensive!
The Kosher Tangie Block is 12,50 a gram and @ Boerejongens 16 euro. That's 30% more expensive!

Think maybe the price of rent is a lot more in Dam :D Little less conspiracy theory and use your head for more then a hat rack.
Freshouttheoven

Post by Freshouttheoven »

macky wrote:
Freshouttheoven wrote:Dear Amsterdam Genetics,

Think maybe the price of rent is a lot more in Dam :D Little less conspiracy theory and use your head for more then a hat rack.
No conspiracy theories, it's definitely marketing ;) Maybe you should use your head for more then a hat rack if you think that this is normal.

30 - 50% price difference is just inexcusable because the other prices on there menu are almost equal compared to Boerejongens.