The New Amsterdam Block Hash (Amsterdam Genetics)

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
WLow

Re: The New Amsterdam Block Hash (Amsterdam Genetics)

Post by WLow »

Many have asked them thru other socials medias what it was made from and no aswer was giving.
Just another great product :lol:

No speculating on anything it could be, it's just not worth it.

Last they posted was some AkOg Cookie and people commenting were thinking it was an actual bud that the strain was called "Ak Og Cookie" of course they didnt explain them what it was.
Freshouttheoven

Post by Freshouttheoven »

A few months ago Amsterdam Genetics claimed on there social media that the 'cookies' are made in Morocco. I don't believe this.

The 'cookies' are just leftovers (called 'gruis' in dutch) mixt with hash from the same strain. It's a smart (marketing) way to make a good profit of the leftovers. It doesn't necessarily mean that the quality of there 'cookies' is lower compared to the hash or cannabis from the same strain which they sell. It just depends on the quality of the leftovers they use to make these so called 'cookies'.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Looks to me like they got the iceolator bags mixed up then dried out the trim and hash mixed and knocked up some blocks :lol: :lol: not that I have ever had that happen to myself :oops: :oops: :lol:
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Erhm, what is it exactly that you guys are confused about wrt how it is made, isn't in self-explanatory?

Btw: Tried some this summer, exactly what you would expect: Hash and green pressed torether to form a block, weed tasted a bit stale (as you would expect from something treated like this) and hash was mediocre for Boer standards. Don’t really get the appeal, poor man’s moon rock??? Would recommend buying the very fine products they sell individually (they have been killing it with the green lately and hash is alwayssolid) and blaze up, much fresher and nicer.

If you like Ams genetics / Boere stuff we recommend you swing by CS Johnny, seemed to have a bit of a different selection but still the chains quality and value for money, was very pleasantly surprised…
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
GorillaGlue

Post by GorillaGlue »

So they essentially cut the hash with the gruis/shake from the same strain? Lol :lol:

Is that supposed to add a bud-like flavor? Seems like just another way to make a € to me.

Im still going to try in April so i guess they got me! Lol
CopenhagenCouple

Can't recommend enough that you just go for the hashes and weeds separately at Boer (or affiliated shops), both are some of the best value for money menus in the city and usually have some right gems on if you browse a bit. The cookies are bound to be the lowest quality of both (leftovers, gruis) pressed together (they do it in Christiania also, most are just honest about it and will tell you that it is "hash and weed from the cutting board pressed", here it is usually heat pressed and looks similar to that monstrosity GA tried to pass of as Ice for the cups).

Cc
GorillaGlue

Post by GorillaGlue »

Sheesh. Ill make sure to just order seperately. Ill be staying very close to Boer central and saw that the menu looked very promising.

Thanks again for the info CC!
2stick

Post by 2stick »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Sat 20th Jan 2018 08:16 am ...The cookies are bound to be the lowest quality of both (leftovers, gruis) pressed together (they do it in Christiania also, most are just honest about it and will tell you that it is "hash and weed from the cutting board pressed", here it is usually heat pressed and looks similar to that monstrosity GA tried to pass of as Ice for the cups).

Cc
The gray crystals @GA used to be pretty good value under 20e, then they upped the price and lowered the standards. Now they aren't even trying with the same name and just keep on rising the price. Their silver bubble has been spot on, when I've been there.. lets hope that will remain good because there is very little other reason for me to visit... Maybe grey berry, but that can be quite 'meh' in my experience.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

2stick wrote: Sun 21st Jan 2018 11:55 am The gray crystals @GA used to be pretty good value under 20e, then they upped the price and lowered the standards.
True :lol: I still remember when it was sold for 15€/g and later 18€/g and it was really good stuff. Pretty fresh yellow crystals that
looked smelled nice... but with the time and the higher price it´s become less good :? :lol: I think when it was sold over 20€ I didn´t tried it again anymore...

By the way anyone knows where to get some good crystals, gunpowder, skuff or whatever it´s called made from indoor plants? I know that Solo (formerly Stix) have one on the menu but in the past it wasn´t that good...
CopenhagenCouple

The best examples we've had the last few years have been Utopia's various ice hashes (or "dry sift" or...). Usually very nice, sometimes great. Stay away from Rookies ice which is also "unpressed Crystal" style, not worth the money...
oldhabits

Post by oldhabits »

New here really enjoyed reading this forum :D

I'm going to the Dam in a couple of weeks(this is may 4th trip but haven't been in 10 years) and I'm looking for some nice hash.

I used to get what we called soft black years ago ( very dark oily pliable), it was Moroccan , got some good stuff in Spain but got similar gear in Australia supposedly from Pakistan (best hash I've had), now this is going back some 25 -30 years. Have only seen it occasionally since and not in many years with all the crap soapbar,slate,pollen. knocking about.
If anyone knows what I'm talking about?

Or does anybody know a similar nice dark hash (its a nostalgia thing ) somewhere centrally (staying central ,I've done the 2 hour were the hell are we before). I'm hitting voyagers first off and want to look at grey area, green place but I'm open to any recommendations.

By the way,I've been a dedicated smoker for over 30 years(love the stuff), but I am no connoisseur, I know I good bud when I see one and a good smoke when I've had one,but with all the crazy strains nowadays and people claiming its this or that I couldn't say what I've smoked. (apart from white widow (mewh) and bubblegum (not bad) Dam) one of the reasons I'm looking forward to the trip. :D
NotSoIncognito

Post by NotSoIncognito »

Try the hash in het Gelderse, just down the canal from Voyagers. Their California Organic Gum is a strong dark hash (not particularly traditional tasting, but good!!), and they also do a cheap Afghan hash at €5 a g which is authentically old school.

Also recommended is the Amnesia Hash from CS Central, just by Voyagers. This is a crumbly lighter hash, cheap and effective, but more a new school Amsterdam bloc. Siberie's tropicana hash also good, as is the rest of their selection.

On my recent trip, I went looking for squidgy black, and I picked up some interesting bits and pieces. The Lemon Ice Hash from Speakeasy and the Super Sticky Hash from Johnny were the best of the bunch.

Other good options for dark hash include the Blue Dream Bloc from Boerejongens. The big disappointments for me have been the various Temple Balls I have picked up - never compares to what I used to get back in the day. If you go for an Indian hash (Malana or Charas or whatever) have a good look to see it is not too dried out. It often is, more's the pity...

Happy hunting!

NSI
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

oldhabits wrote: Wed 7th Feb 2018 09:22 pmBy the way,I've been a dedicated smoker for over 30 years(love the stuff), but I am no connoisseur, I know I good bud when I see one and a good smoke when I've had one,but with all the crazy strains nowadays and people claiming its this or that I couldn't say what I've smoked. (apart from white widow (mewh) and bubblegum (not bad) Dam) one of the reasons I'm looking forward to the trip. :D
There's a lot of bullshit about, remember.

I agree with Notso about the Amnesia Hash and Blue Dream (so plan to try his other recommendations next time I can). Apart from Boerejongens, shops with a good hash selection to note are 1e Hulp, Tweede Kamer/Dampkring II (same menu). Original Dampkring and Utopia. Utopia's own brand hash, as it were, is a steal at 7€, and for lovers of black hash, the Kashmir Dream is worth the 20€ it costs (something I don't say lightly when it comes to anything over 15€ a g).

If you look at trip reports and coffeeshop reviews, disappointment is mostly caused by mediocre herb. But there's probably more variety of banging hash strains in Amsterdam than anywhere else, including other Dutch cities. Moral: go for the hash. Most places will do half grams, allowing you to try more. So try more, and report back.
memogram

Post by memogram »

Anyone know which coffeeshop has some good Afghani hash or Pakistani/Indian hash? Charas or Gardha those are my faces. Remind me of good times back home would love to have some.