The New Amsterdam Block Hash (Amsterdam Genetics)

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
monster420

The New Amsterdam Block Hash (Amsterdam Genetics)

Post by monster420 »

:thumbup:
Last edited by monster420 on Mon 12th Mar 2018 03:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CopenhagenCouple

Re: The New Amsterdam Block Hash (Amsterdam Genetics)

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Big, big fans of Boerejoegens and their block line (new schol in general, but Boer isthe champ), but this soudns a little fishy to us!

100 to 150 grams of dried flower? That seems a little rich...
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

I just made a gram of rosin containing 70-80% THC out of 6 grams of flowers... A product twice as potent as 'block hash' (by their own testing results) made with less than five percent of the starting material.

Hmmmm.
Either that's a mistake in the article, or those farmers/hash makers should probably get a different job!!!
:)
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

How do you measure your own product's (or indeed anyone else's) THC levels? Or are you sending samples to one of those labs?

And yes, my initial reaction was that something must be wrong with the figures somewhere. But one can't argue with the result, as pretty much everyone who's sampled it seems to agree.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

I'm just being a dick :) I've not tested actually it (*edit I can english) - I'm just going by test results on Analytical 360's test results page. (http://analytical360.com/testresults) where the rosins tend to come out at 60-80%. Mind you - I don't need to have it lab tested to tell you it's twice as strong as the block hash, a dabwilldoo :)

Boer do offer test results on their menu I think - pretty sure I've seen the block hashes noted as approx 30% thc

It should also be pointed out - test results themselves are subject to debate about their efficacy.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

It seems to work as a rough guide. Assuming that a sample has genuinely tested at, say, 30%, I should be able to expect that what I'm smoking from that batch has a similar THC content, even if it's unlikely to be exactly the same. But so many factors come into play. Katsu's Dr Grinspoon tests at nearly 20%, high for green, but obviously much lower than the block hashes. But the quality of a mixed bowl is something I can't achieve with the stronger stuff on its own.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

CopenhagenCouple wrote:100 to 150 grams of dried flower? That seems a little rich...
:lol: that would be less than 1% return... that can´t be true. Like said before maybe a mistake or a stupid promotion for their bloc hashes. I mean I liked many of that bloc hashes but I think they try to hype it a little bit...
If they really need 100 - 150g of flower for 1g of the bloc hashes than I would give the producers the advice to make ice o lator instead... they would still have much more return and it would be much stronger :lol:
CopenhagenCouple

Marok21 wrote: :lol: that would be less than 1% return... that can´t be true. Like said before maybe a mistake or a stupid promotion for their bloc hashes. I mean I liked many of that bloc hashes but I think they try to hype it a little bit...
If they really need 100 - 150g of flower for 1g of the bloc hashes than I would give the producers the advice to make ice o lator instead... they would still have much more return and it would be much stronger :lol:

Completely agree, it would be down right dumb going that route, you would prolly easy expect 10 times as much ice for the amount of flower. Still a very big fan though :)
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Ice water extraction would only yield 10-15% at best - and that's from top quality flowers. If they're only get 1% from a dry sift involving beating flowers to death. I wouldn't have thought ice water extraction was the answer to their yield issues!

The numbers in the article have got to be a mistake. Or a wake up call to maybe think about improving on farming /hash making techniques. Our American brethren are not struggling to make those numbers look SILLY from outdoor plants.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Wonder if I can have the option of the 100-150 grams of flowers for the price of a gram of block instead.

:lol:

If it was decent weed they could retail for 10 a gram that would make that gram of block worth 1000-1500 :lol:

I don't think so :lol: and they put that bull in ink :lol:
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Yeah definitely calling bullshit. Either a typo or a self-embellished tall tale to build hype, that they thought the average stoner/customer would be dumb enough to buy...psssh, c'mon now guys!
CopenhagenCouple

Our thoughts exactly people, had to call shenanigans on that one… ;) A little weird that they would put that on paper if it wasn’t a misquote or something, it seems that they (at least also) are trying to target a group of customers who they know to be better informed than that.
CopenhagenCouple

LOL, just got to thinking that we might have been mistaken in thinking the Tangie Kosher block was a little overpriced (the only product from there that was we tried though), by these numbers it was underpriced by a factor of several hundred times!! ;) :P
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

CopenhagenCouple wrote:LOL, just got to thinking that we might have been mistaken in thinking the Tangie Kosher block was a little overpriced (the only product from there that was we tried though), by these numbers it was underpriced by a factor of several hundred times!! ;) :P

Yeah you deffo got a good deal there then :)
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Going with typo on this one, maybe 10-15g of sugar leaf is more like it, only way they could gram that so cheap :mrgreen: