4 sativa 4 indica and 2 hash

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
Minxtus

4 sativa 4 indica and 2 hash

Post by Minxtus »

I'm heading to the dam in April and have been trying to pick certain strains out from my research and making a list of weed and hash to try.

What would you choose if you had to pick 4 sativa 4 indica and 2 hash. ?
Also which shops are u hitting?

My list

Silver bubble or lemon bubble Voyagers
Tangerine dream barnies
Blue dream. Acd advice ? Maybe greenhouse
Sour d / or east coast 1 e hulp

Girl Scout cookies. Voyagers maybe ?
Nicole kush. Siberie
Hindu Kush.
Open to advice ?

King Hassan
Temple balls

Bare in mind I haven't much of a clue about smoking the green and will probably be calling a taxi for white after my first smoke. Lol

I'm keen to see other people's lists for inspiration.

OneHighMofo

Re: 4 sativa 4 indica and 2 hash

Post by OneHighMofo »

All great choices.
Pretty sure you'll get a slightly cheaper Tangie (or Tangie cross like 24K) at Utopia, Dampkring or Grey Area
You'll find a nice Blue Dream at Rookies (DLN16 will perhaps have a better tip) or Grey Area perhaps?

Voyagers have a bunch of nice kush strains. Notorious OG is a beauty and an in house special.
Green Places Alien Technology is perhaps one of the best Kushs in town (imo) expensive though.

My picks....

Tropical Narrow leaf:
Silver Bubble - Voyagers
Kaligria - Voyagers
Acapulco Gold - Amnesia
SSH - Wherever it smells best. The last truly great one I bought was from Siberie back in Summer last year
*edit NYCD from Amnesia is always good too.

I don't buy a lot of Afghanica broad leaf varietals but...
Notorious OG - Voyagers
Alien Tech - Green Place
Shoreline - Green Place or 137
*edit* White Russian - Rusland.

Hash?
Make my own rosin or hunt down the BHO man :)
tinky

Post by tinky »

Minxtus wrote: Fri 3rd Feb 2017 11:36 am I'm heading to the dam in April and have been trying to pick certain strains out from my research and making a list of weed and hash to try.

What would you choose if you had to pick 4 sativa 4 indica and 2 hash. ?
Also which shops are u hitting?

My list

Silver bubble or lemon bubble Voyagers
Tangerine dream barnies
Blue dream. Acd advice ? Maybe greenhouse
Sour d / or east coast 1 e hulp

Girl Scout cookies. Voyagers maybe ?
Nicole kush. Siberie
Hindu Kush.
Open to advice ?

King Hassan
Temple balls

Bare in mind I haven't much of a clue about smoking the green and will probably be calling a taxi for white after my first smoke. Lol

I'm keen to see other people's lists for inspiration.

Hindu Kush - Coffeeshop 137 always been one of my favs and €13. Not seen it at Club Media for a while now but was constantly good from there also.
Minxtus

Post by Minxtus »

Acapulco Gold sounds like it's worth a try , thanks onehighmofo. Not a bad list of smokables there.

Tinky 137 is close to were I'm staying so I will hopefully check it out , sounds like a nice locals coffeeshop.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

I rarely commit to particular strains beforehand. I do like Dr Grinspoon, which is often my first smoke if Katsu is open when I arrive. But that's purely for effect, because if it has any smell and taste whatsoever, it's lost on me. (Apart from the oddly cheap version that once made an appearance in Paradox, and tasted mouldy, if anything.) For taste and smell I'd be going for NYCD, or maybe 1e Hulp's East Coast Sour Diesel.

For indicas I'd go to Utopia and see what kushes they had, because you get honest recommendations there, and all the green I've had from there has been spot-on. Voyagers is good in the same respect as well.

Hash – it depends so much on what types you like, and you've only given me two choices. Also, I'm conflicted, because though I like the types you can get at Boerejongens/Tweede Kamer/Dampkring 2, I'm getting tired of their ad campaigns on social media. So I'll single out Utopia's Amnesia Cream, or Betty Boop's version, for black hash and Massawa's various offerings for traditional Moroccan.

Plans don't come to all that much in practice, though, because things change a lot. Follow your nose, and you should be fine.
Minxtus

Post by Minxtus »

I did some research on the dr grinspoon/ quaze haze strain and it sounds like a very unique strain. I will defiantly be giving it a try.
Thanks for the inspiration fat old dwarf.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Incidentally, I have a vague memory of reading about something that called itself Dr Grinspoon Kush, but have no idea where I read it. Does this ring a bell with anyone? Sounds like it must be somewhere on the scale between fascinating and stoner bullshit.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Fat_old_dwarf wrote: Wed 8th Feb 2017 11:51 am Incidentally, I have a vague memory of reading about something that called itself Dr Grinspoon Kush, but have no idea where I read it. Does this ring a bell with anyone? Sounds like it must be somewhere on the scale between fascinating and stoner bullshit.
I've done a bit of looking around but notably I can't find anything relating to any Grinspoon crosses - at all!
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

I'm annoyed with myself for not remembering where I saw it, because I'm sure it was a menu. So unless I dreamt it, it should have been possible to try it.

However, my last lightning trip showed how plans can go awry. The weather was foul, so I didn't make it to Katsu, or see the good doctor in any of the shops that I did visit. I usually go for a gram of bud and a half g of Nicole bubblehash at 1e Hulp, but there wasn't any diesel on the menu, so I substituted a g of Amnesia hash for the green - thanks to whoever said that this was a Good Thing, because it was. Dampkring II was closed for renovation, so that was out, while the original Dampkring, where I usually go just to reject the menu and have an excuse to see Bowie, actually had something on their menu that interested me (Swazi hash), so I stayed for a coffee, something I don't think I've done since my earliest visits to the city. (And saw someone have a dramatic whitey, which was another blast from the past.)
GoatCheese

Post by GoatCheese »

Minxtus wrote: Fri 3rd Feb 2017 11:36 am
One advice i can give, if you're not a seasoned smoker, don't buy too many strains before trying out the first one, cause you may end up finding out that a little bit of strong weed will last for a good while, so i see no point in spending lots of money to buy 5-7 grams of smokables if you can't consume more than 2-3 grams.

Buy as you go on and according to your needs.
If you're buying a gram or two of bud/hashis from a shop, you could then ask if you can buy half-grams. Many shops don't wanna sell half-grams, but if you're gonna buy a gram or two of their other products, they might be ok with halfs.

The original De Dampkring is a good place for hashish, Tweede Kamer also.

Have fun
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Minxtus, don't rule out some good, clean, outdoor grown weed. La Tertulia or CS Yo-Yo always has some really good tasting, pure outdoor. Every time I purchase, the weed is grown so well (cured, flushed, trimmed), but not near as powerful. I find it a bit better on day 2 after it has a chance to dry out a bit from the little baggie.

I'm working on a list myself. I'm itching to try some of that Acapulco Gold from Amnesia and hope they still have it when I visit. I'd like a Dr. Grinspoon from somewhere other than Barneys. I'd like to try that Alien Tech. I think the Gorilla Glue #4 looks good, too.

Best of luck!
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

I've had Dr Grinspoon from Katsu many times (always good), once from Paradox (tasted mouldy), and seen it once or twice at Tweede Kamer, but didn't sample. Once I went to Prix d'Ami for it, but they were out, and as that was the second or third time I'd tried that shop for a particular strain that they were out of, I've given up on it. Great atmospheres rarely start with metal detectors anyway.
MJ420

Post by MJ420 »

LLMReb wrote: Sun 19th Mar 2017 05:01 pm Minxtus, don't rule out some good, clean, outdoor grown weed. La Tertulia or CS Yo-Yo always has some really good tasting, pure outdoor. Every time I purchase, the weed is grown so well (cured, flushed, trimmed), but not near as powerful. I find it a bit better on day 2 after it has a chance to dry out a bit from the little baggie.

I'm working on a list myself. I'm itching to try some of that Acapulco Gold from Amnesia and hope they still have it when I visit. I'd like a Dr. Grinspoon from somewhere other than Barneys. I'd like to try that Alien Tech. I think the Gorilla Glue #4 looks good, too.

Best of luck!
What is the best way to dry it out?
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Walk around town a few days while opening and closing the bag multiple times dries it out just a bit for me.