Good value hash for rosin

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
Herrring

Good value hash for rosin

Post by Herrring »

Hello all
Im new in rosintech and tried it with a ok hash and got just about 15 % yield, which hash from the dam is a good rosinyielder?
I think about:

- king hassan,laila,pinneaple kush (dampkring, tweede)

-casablanca, 24k (siberie)

-nougat (kruidentuin, nijmegen)

You have any suggestions?

Greets

Nuggz

Re: Good value hash for rosin

Post by Nuggz »

Herrring wrote: Tue 28th Mar 2017 11:00 am Hello all
Im new in rosintech and tried it with a ok hash and got just about 15 % yield, which hash from the dam is a good rosinyielder?
I think about:

- king hassan,laila,pinneaple kush (dampkring, tweede)

-casablanca, 24k (siberie)

-nougat (kruidentuin, nijmegen)

You have any suggestions?

Greets
:shock: 15% yikes I don't think I've ever gotten less than 35% even with not-so-good to mediocre (by Dam standards) hash here in Amsterdam. I would say here the average return is about 50% but I've definitely gotten upwards of 70% with some of the Boerenjongens block hash, which is what I would recommend to use for squishing!
Herrring

Post by Herrring »

First tries, i made it with coffeefilter cause the headshop didnt have screens/bags, and the hash was not from the dam...maybe thats the reason for the bad yield,how do you press your hash?
kushy

Post by kushy »

King Hassan should give you 50% if you squish it right. I use a low setting on the iron and a bench vice for extra pressure and multiple pressings.

I recently tried the light and dark zeros from Best Friends II (both 6e p/g) the light was very similar to KH for yield but the dark came out ridiculously​ shattery, almost unusable, so the resulting consistency is also something to take into account. Best to experiment, and share with us your findings!
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

kushy wrote: Tue 28th Mar 2017 12:57 pm King Hassan should give you 50% if you squish it right. I use a low setting on the iron and a bench vice for extra pressure and multiple pressings.

I recently tried the light and dark zeros from Best Friends II (both 6e p/g) the light was very similar to KH for yield but the dark came out ridiculously​ shattery, almost unusable, so the resulting consistency is also something to take into account. Best to experiment, and share with us your findings!
Yeah that's me and my crew would call "shatter bomb"
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Shatter bomb hash rosin is a bummer, mostly happens with light polms (of variable but almost always lower end qualities).

Second nugs' comment that 15% is way too low on hash rosin, ok for flower but deffo not hash... even midrange stuff should yield twice that...

We use 25my metal screens, IR thermometer to keep temp between 90 and a 100 c (preferably low end) and the weight of whom ever can be convinced to step down on that sucker. Use to get at least 50% over three squeeze s with nylon screens, now get same amount but need more squeezin' with the metal meshes.

Massawa royal squeezes into a very nice and tasty classic Moroccan rosin :D
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Tue 28th Mar 2017 04:22 pm Shatter bomb hash rosin is a bummer, mostly happens with light polms (of variable but almost always lower end qualities).

Second nugs' comment that 15% is way too low on hash rosin, ok for flower but deffo not hash... even midrange stuff should yield twice that...

We use 25my metal screens, IR thermometer to keep temp between 90 and a 100 c (preferably low end) and the weight of whom ever can be convinced to step down on that sucker. Use to get at least 50% over three squeeze s with nylon screens, now get same amount but need more squeezin' with the metal meshes.

Massawa royal squeezes into a very nice and tasty classic Moroccan rosin :D
You still pressin' out Christiania's finest these days C?

Edit: me personally not so much so I should have a few fuckloads of nylon micron if it pleases you!
CopenhagenCouple

We sure are, you were a good teacher :D still only pres some from time to time as quality still varies and it sort of isn't an everyday thing, but would appreciate some more screens :)
Dickinsonbeer

Post by Dickinsonbeer »

Last year, my buddy and I had great results from pressing out the amnesia cream from utopia. I dont remember our yeilds but the rosin came out amazing. Great taste and best high i have ever had. :mrgreen:

Heading to London tonight but next week Ill be in the Dam!

Cheers,
Herrring

Post by Herrring »

Kh from dampkring cs came out as shatter but nice effect and taste of this.

Noga from kruidentuin made nice rosin.

Next i want to try it with boere/dna blocs, ill report.

Any suggestions for a nice pressable hash?

Greets
CopenhagenCouple

Green magic and new choko block might be fun to try, think Tangier Kosher block would be even better, but noway I am squeezing 20 e block hash...
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Herrring wrote: Fri 28th Apr 2017 09:42 am Kh from dampkring cs came out as shatter but nice effect and taste of this.

Greets
The cheaper block hashes usually give some of the most stable (not too shattery, nor too soupy) final product as well as excellent yields (50-70%) return, look for ones priced in 8-11€ per g range, that aren't too sticky/oily.

The top shelf blocks are typically very oily and their final product is too, as a result.
Herrring

Post by Herrring »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Fri 28th Apr 2017 10:15 am
Herrring wrote: Fri 28th Apr 2017 09:42 am Kh from dampkring cs came out as shatter but nice effect and taste of this.

Greets
The cheaper block hashes usually give some of the most stable (not too shattery, nor too soupy) final product as well as excellent yields (50-70%) return, look for ones priced in 8-11€ per g range, that aren't too sticky/oily.

The top shelf blocks are typically very oily and their final product is too, as a result.

I saw on a 2 months old menu from dna that they still stock the akog and slh bloc you advised, maybe they still have it, ill look.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Herrring wrote: Fri 28th Apr 2017 12:14 pm
DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Fri 28th Apr 2017 10:15 am

Greets

I saw on a 2 months old menu from dna that they still stock the akog and slh bloc you advised, maybe they still have it, ill look.
If they don't they'll have some other block hashes in that price range, they always do, and my advice is still to go for one of those based on aforementioned consistency.
CopenhagenCouple

...following Nugs's recommendation, top picks right now would be:

White choco block (classic)
White choco block (new virgin press something, darker that classic but not oily like e.g. the all choco kush block)
Green Magic Block
Good berry block

All are nice and easily crumbled / puffed up for a spliffs and neither are particularly sticky /oily. That should also get you a little choice as they are quite different from each other.

ETA: all are in the 8,50-12 euro range...

Cc