Meditating & Voyaging to Other Dimensions

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
bedessa

Meditating & Voyaging to Other Dimensions

Post by bedessa »

Howdy,
Which strain would you recommend for for meditating and travelling to other dimensions? I don’t want the super high feeling, I want to be completely relaxed but not sleepy so I can enter a really deep state of meditation for several hours.

Also, which CS would you recommend for them? Voyagers, Grey, Paradox, 420?

Thanks,

Bedessa

gromit

Re: Meditating & Voyaging to Other Dimensions

Post by gromit »

i woulda said De Graal but its no longer so id say 1e Hulp,...to meditate :mrgreen:

the dimension you go to is your choice,... :wink:
bedessa

Post by bedessa »

Hey gromit,
Thanks for the CS recommendation. Which strain or product would you recommend from 1e Hulp? Don't worry about the price :) Do 1e have a vape for use?

Thanks,

Bedessa
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Even though I am not 100 % sure I think Grom was referring more to the ambiance and "mood" of the shop when recommending 1e for meditation, now that legendary de graal (RIP) is no more, rather than recommending it as a place to go looking for strains that are specifically conducive wrt. achieving a "meditative state". In that context I guess 1e Hulp (in the mornings) would be as good a place as any coffeeshop, although I in general wouldn't pick a commercial establishment (of more or less any sort), that is bound to be at least a bit busy with other customers and (quite reasonably) have at least some expectations regarding purchases made during your stay, as a venue for anything more than very light sessions of meditation. In fact, most places even impose an obligation for you to purchase (and consume) products for you to be allowed occupancy, so unless you buy a big load of drinks and build your self a small "fortress of solitude and no solicitation" from these, your path to enlightenment is bound to be hindered at the very least once an hour by anything from a polite "are you all right, do you need anything more?" to the more 'working as a coffeeshop budtender is sometimes​ just a job-inspired' "so are you gonna buy anything more, or just fuck off?".

Save from a very few places, I would think that parks and (more) private venues are much better suited for the purpose, but you probably know this and we're in fact asking for advice on strains, so all I have succeeded in has been to waste your time... To make amends, here are a few thoughts on the topic of choosing strains that are specifically conducive to a certain state of mind:

As with the classical (and very frequently asked on the ACD forum) question as to what strain "makes you smile / giggle / crack up in fits of uncontrolable and hysterical laughter", the answer has to be the same: that it is extremely subjective (meaning that it varies radically from person to person), as well as highly dependant on both "initial" and "boundary" conditions.

In other words, picking a strain (or variety of e.g. hash, extracts etc) that is conducive to a certain state of mind is, more often than not, a matter of individual trial and error because it depends as much on a collective set of variables such as "who you are, what your current mood and general situation is, where you are (set and setting), how well rested and fed you are etc", as it does on your selection of products (or method of consumption, which is also highly influential).

There are a few general pointers and trends to go by, although experimentation and small scale test runs would be preferable.

If you are looking for something to get you high, maybe a little trippy, look for products with haze in their name, or in the (misleading and misunderstood) "sativa" category, i.e. products with a lower CBD content.

Obviously if you are looking for something to relax you more you would go for the hybrid or "Indica" category, maybe a heavy kush.

Our best recommendation would be experimenting with a mix of some sort...
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
aVeryOldLady

Post by aVeryOldLady »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Mon 8th May 2017 07:30 am
If you are looking for something to get you high, maybe a little trippy, look for products with haze in their name
Hazes put me, e.g., in a rather dreamy and introverted state. But as CC already mentioned, you should try out different strains to find what suits you best.
bedessa

Post by bedessa »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Mon 8th May 2017 07:30 am Even though I am not 100 % sure I think Grom was referring more to the ambiance and "mood" of the shop when recommending 1e for meditation, now that legendary de graal (RIP) is no more, rather than recommending it as a place to go looking for strains that are specifically conducive wrt. achieving a "meditative state". In that context I guess 1e Hulp (in the mornings) would be as good a place as any coffeeshop, although I in general wouldn't pick a commercial establishment (of more or less any sort), that is bound to be at least a bit busy with other customers and (quite reasonably) have at least some expectations regarding purchases made during your stay, as a venue for anything more than very light sessions of meditation. In fact, most places even impose an obligation for you to purchase (and consume) products for you to be allowed occupancy, so unless you buy a big load of drinks and build your self a small "fortress of solitude and no solicitation" from these, your path to enlightenment is bound to be hindered at the very least once an hour by anything from a polite "are you all right, do you need anything more?" to the more 'working as a coffeeshop budtender is sometimes​ just a job-inspired' "so are you gonna buy anything more, or just fuck off?".

Save from a very few places, I would think that parks and (more) private venues are much better suited for the purpose, but you probably know this and we're in fact asking for advice on strains, so all I have succeeded in has been to waste your time... To make amends, here are a few thoughts on the topic of choosing strains that are specifically conducive to a certain state of mind:

As with the classical (and very frequently asked on the ACD forum) question as to what strain "makes you smile / giggle / crack up in fits of uncontrolable and hysterical laughter", the answer has to be the same: that it is extremely subjective (meaning that it varies radically from person to person), as well as highly dependant on both "initial" and "boundary" conditions.

In other words, picking a strain (or variety of e.g. hash, extracts etc) that is conducive to a certain state of mind is, more often than not, a matter of individual trial and error because it depends as much on a collective set of variables such as "who you are, what your current mood and general situation is, where you are (set and setting), how well rested and fed you are etc", as it does on your selection of products (or method of consumption, which is also highly influential).

There are a few general pointers and trends to go by, although experimentation and small scale test runs would be preferable.

If you are looking for something to get you high, maybe a little trippy, look for products with haze in their name, or in the (misleading and misunderstood) "sativa" category, i.e. products with a lower CBD content.

Obviously if you are looking for something to relax you more you would go for the hybrid or "Indica" category, maybe a heavy kush.

Our best recommendation would be experimenting with a mix of some sort...
Wow! Thanks for the detailed reply. I am more after the strain but appreciate your reply about the environment and doing everything that's possible to create an ideal space with or without the leaf.

For the strains I agree that it's a process of trial and error to see what feels good and how someone will respond. I have a good idea what to look for now (sativa, indica, etc.) so this will definitely clear the path for me.

Thanks heaps for the lengthy reply :)
bedessa

Post by bedessa »

aVeryOldLady wrote: Mon 8th May 2017 09:09 pm
CopenhagenCouple wrote: Mon 8th May 2017 07:30 am
If you are looking for something to get you high, maybe a little trippy, look for products with haze in their name
Hazes put me, e.g., in a rather dreamy and introverted state. But as CC already mentioned, you should try out different strains to find what suits you best.
Will do! That's interesting that hazes have an inverse effect (compared to common effects) :)
aVeryOldLady

Post by aVeryOldLady »

Keep in mind that this is entirely my own subjective feeling :D