Best Coffeeshops And Current Strains in Dam?

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
Greentroll

Best Coffeeshops And Current Strains in Dam?

Post by Greentroll »

Hey forum friends,

I will be visiting the Holy city of Amsterdam next week for 6 hopefully glorious days.

Would love to save time (and $$) and not buy sub standard autoflower from the wrong coffeeshops. It's a few years since i visited.

What I am looking for is a current list/report from ACD gurus of the very best of the best strains and which coffee shops specifically - curing, manicure, smell, quality. I don't care if it's Sativa/Indica, Haze or Kush - I just want the best quality.

Comments appreciated and thanks in advance

OneHighMofo

Re: Best Coffeeshops And Current Strains in Dam?

Post by OneHighMofo »

It's difficult to give specific advice mate - most people on the board don't live in the Dam so don't have up-to-date info. Those that do generally don't buy from Coffeeshops.

Quality is up and down all over town. There's no one shop, no one strain, no one product that is so consistent I'd be willing to give you a concrete recommendation of 'the best'.

Boerenjongens is probably consistently the shop that offers the best value for money in terms of bang for the buck. Do they always have the best product in town? Nope. I'm afraid they don't

CS Voyagers is probably the most consistent shop in terms of quality. Their Lemon Bubble is often spot on - but can sometimes be under par. It's just the name of the game. I generally feel the same way about most of the product from Grey Area but can rarely be bothered to queue for it.

The best bits of advice I can give you are:
1. Read through the latest travelogues from the regular contributors.
2. Look through the menu's on FBN's site and cross-reference those with the shop forum threads to see what the ACD is saying over time.
3. RENT A BIKE. That way you won't have to buy sub-standard product because you've walked 20+ mins to your destination and 'need a joint'. The money spent on the bike rental will save you a lot of bad purchases trust me. Cycle over - check out the menu; ask what's good. Follow your nose. If there's nothing you fancy - onwards, the next shop might have the fire.
Greentroll

Post by Greentroll »

Your a star mate. That's some good advice right there. Noted
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

The tall one has some very good points there, the most solid being “trust your nose and shop around”.

A good source for the latest news is the Coffeeshop Reviews sub-forum, although I would stick to reviews from long time / solid posters.

On top of these pointers (and the shops OHMF mentioned) we would like to add a small list of very solid shops that are likely to have a least one, if not more, good strains on offer. Again, shop around and trust your nose / judgement, but these shops are good candidates on your shopping list:

Het Ballonetje – a bit out of the center, but had the best overall selection of green during the 420 week in our opinion. Recommended by very trusty locals, great shop in general.

Utopia – Best service in town, very honest and very friendly. Usually have good products, maybe not as consistent as Voyagers (nor do they focus as much on “Elite strains” as DLN would have it), but a very solid forum favorite. Good but a little limited hash selection.

Dampkring and Tweede Kammer – both in the same area, very different shops though. Both are maybe a bit pricey compared to the shops a little further out, and you have to pick your way through a big selection, but when their gear is on point it is very good. Both have large hash selection and especially Tweede is a favorite for their top selection.

Green Place – High prices and many reports of rude service, but often have some killer green. Great hash often also.

The Stud – A bit of a trek, though easily accessible by bike (!!!) or tram and well worth the trip. If you are looking for value for money The Stud is probably only rivaled by the Boer / Ams Genetics chain shops and have some interesting strains.

Other candidates could be Central, Bluebird (primarily for hash though), 1e Hulp, Easy Times and many others, so it is just a matter of getting on your bike and enjoy flying around the city looking for diamonds! :D
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Greentroll

Post by Greentroll »

tak min ven - Hello Denmark - that is just the advice I was looking for. I am thrilled that i have all but one of the CS in your list, already on mine, then i noticed I had read your posts and that's why they're there:). Looking for green only as I vape and hash doesn't work so well ime. I'm there for a week, which is a long time, my longest visit actually, so i want to find the fire and not go nuts shlepping round town wasting cash and being disappointed. Especially as I can taste almost every nuance and terpene when ground right and inserted in my FF2, MFLB, Mighty or Vapcap. Thus taste and quality is key, although effect is the main thing.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Min fornøjelse min ven! :D

Judging by the gear you are bringing etc, you clearly know your way around the herb, so the best advice by far is still OHMF's "get a bike and shop around". :mrgreen:

Yes yes, we say it a lot, but it is a message that stands repeating: biking around Mokum high as a kite (especially in the summertime), looking for those special nugs, is fucking bliss and you'll get from 1e Hulp to Het Ballonnetje and back to voyagers in an hour withtime for loading up the vape en route...
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Listen to OHMF and CCs. When those 2 get going, their advice is spot on with none better. DLN can add to the conversation re vapes, so he will most likely chime in soon if OHFM doesn't jump in earlier on that topic.

Keep in mind that you are in AMS purchasing weed from a menu, so the entire experience is already 4* out of 5*. Finding what is sometimes a hidden gem of absolute fire is part of the scavenger hunt fun.
macky

Post by macky »

I like the part "sub standard auto flower" :D
Shufflepop

Post by Shufflepop »

Green Crack from Easy Times was excellent last week. Citral at Utopia. I liked Green Magic from Boer for end of day.

I also vape exclusively. Use Arizer Air, doesn't seem popular on here, it's not very slick, but it is extremely efficient.

I happened on 137 on a wander and took some sort of kush resin @ 14 a g. Stuck some on a bed of AVB and it seemed to vape very well at higher temps. So I wouldn't rule it out, especially considering the 'next level' offerings around.
Greentroll

Post by Greentroll »

Cheers for that - Yea someone else mentioned Utopia, and Easy Times. Will be sure to check them both out.
Greentroll

Post by Greentroll »

@Macky - "Substandard auto flower" LOL - not sure what possessed me, but it works..Hate that stuff.

So I consider myself an advanced vaper, but I must eat humble pie and admit i never heard of putting hash or block on a bed of ABV or fresh 'erb. It really works and doesn't clog up the vape?

Any MORE comments from ACDers on SPECIFIC strains they enjoyed at specific coffeeshops recently - Very much appreciated.

Stay up friends. :mrgreen:
Greentroll

Post by Greentroll »

Shufflepop wrote: Thu 6th Jul 2017 12:26 pm Green Crack from Easy Times was excellent last week. Citral at Utopia. I liked Green Magic from Boer for end of day.

I also vape exclusively. Use Arizer Air, doesn't seem popular on here, it's not very slick, but it is extremely efficient.

I happened on 137 on a wander and took some sort of kush resin @ 14 a g. Stuck some on a bed of AVB and it seemed to vape very well at higher temps. So I wouldn't rule it out, especially considering the 'next level' offerings around.
Arizer Air rocks- but for stronger effects due to much higher temps - Firefly 2 or Dynavap vapcap. Simply amazing
Shufflepop

Post by Shufflepop »

Greentroll wrote: Thu 6th Jul 2017 01:22 pm

So I consider myself an advanced vaper, but I must eat humble pie and admit i never heard of putting hash or block on a bed of ABV or fresh 'erb. It really works and doesn't clog up the vape?

It certainly worked in the Air anyway. You know how it functions with the glass 'pipe'. No clogging that I noticed. I didn't vape more than .5 g soooo....

More as an experiment than anything else, as I'd read about it on here, Mr Incognito uses this method I believe.
muc_smoker69

Post by muc_smoker69 »

I wanted to pick this topic up again, as I'm interested to hear what your personal favorite strains are at the moment in Amsterdam. If you could recommend some hashes too that would be amazing!
I'm looking forward to biking around Amsterdam myself and go on the hunt for the best strains. It's gonna be an amazing time!
SmokerAMS

Post by SmokerAMS »

muc_smoker69 wrote: Wed 2nd Aug 2017 12:08 pm I wanted to pick this topic up again, as I'm interested to hear what your personal favorite strains are at the moment in Amsterdam. If you could recommend some hashes too that would be amazing!
I'm looking forward to biking around Amsterdam myself and go on the hunt for the best strains. It's gonna be an amazing time!
If your into biking I definitely would head out of the center, there are some fantastic gems depending on which direction you head, West: Baba's Coffeeshop, North: The Stud, South "ish": Boerenjongers, South East: Het Ballonnetje. Personally I highly recommend visiting a few of these, the prices are also noticeably better especially at places like Het Ballonnetje. :!: I'm lazy so these biking times are <15min from the center all round. If you go further the story continues.
Last edited by SmokerAMS on Thu 21st Sep 2017 01:10 am, edited 1 time in total.