Best Coffeeshops And Current Strains in Dam?

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
CopenhagenCouple

Re: Best Coffeeshops And Current Strains in Dam?

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Way to fooking go on the recommended places there SmokerAMS, if we had to pick only four shops outside the center to recommend, those would be it based on our last few trips, all among the very best in the city with respect to value for money.

Het Ballonnetje and Baba would probably be tied for best overall weed selection if we had to choose from the shops we visited in August, although the Boer chaim had some spectacular flower for the money also and at CS Johnny (part of the chain) more or less everything on both the weed and hash menus looked good or better, with most prices being under 10 per g...

For shops in or near the center Utopia, 2e Kamer, Voyagers and Sibirie would be our recommended visits based on quality in August, but as you probably know there are many more that offer choice wares, so on you bike and go shopping! :D

Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
SmokerAMS

Post by SmokerAMS »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Thu 14th Sep 2017 04:57 pm Way to fooking go on the recommended places there SmokerAMS, if we had to pick only four shops outside the center to recommend, those would be it based on our last few trips, all among the very best in the city with respect to value for money.

Het Ballonnetje and Baba would probably be tied for best overall weed selection if we had to choose from the shops we visited in August, although the Boer chaim had some spectacular flower for the money also and at CS Johnny (part of the chain) more or less everything on both the weed and hash menus looked good or better, with most prices being under 10 per g...

For shops in or near the center Utopia, 2e Kamer, Voyagers and Sibirie would be our recommended visits based on quality in August, but as you probably know there are many more that offer choice wares, so on you bike and go shopping! :D
I would completely agree on those choices, possibly adding Mr K and Co for a quick drop by; also nice people in both of those establishments which always raises the bar for experience. Voyagers is widely known as a safe bet for the center, I know alot of people, including myself who has had really nice Lemon Bubble on multiple occasions from there, shame they stopped doing the 5G mixbags because some of the strains dropped into those mixes were sweet. Baba is definitely up there too, they have such a good selection of Devils Harvest Seeds strains and solid classics, Tangie usually on hand. Het Ballonnetje is the staple point of classic dutch coffeeshops, they are really top for the classics and some hard to find quality smokes like Gorilla Glue #4.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

SmokerAMS wrote: Fri 15th Sep 2017 04:26 pmsome hard to find quality smokes like Gorilla Glue #4.
I've seen it all over, though whether any individual example is worth the hype I can't say. At Betty Boop the budtender said it was overrated, and recommended something else; I've got some here for the first time from Utopia, and though it's decent enough I don't suppose I'd feel obliged to hunt it down and pay €14 elsewhere.

The best strains depends of course on what your preferred smoke is. For weed, Utopia and Voyagers are places where you won't be steered wrong. For hash, well, it depends on what's around where. There wasn't anything that stood out at Boerejongens the last time I was there, and finding black hash was a matter of search and risk.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

You've got yer map upside down :lol:

Baba is north west. Mostly north. Stud is far east. Ballonnetje is also east.
MattS

Post by MattS »

Just to follow on regarding Mr k and Co (MKC) . I was there earlier this year and I hadn't been smoking properly since my college years, I was looking forward to the whole experience so much. I'd researched all the coffee shops and MKC seemed to be what I was looking for, quiet, friendly and helpful. However when asked what I wanted, I said while smiling, ahhh I'm not sure - to which the lady replied "well if you don't know, I can't help you" Now I'm 32 (31 at the time) and I deal with a lot of rude people in my profession and it's fine, I handle these people case by case . However her response really spoiled what otherwise, proved to be a lovely experience. I was hoping for advice and enthusiasm, I tip really generously and I go to Amsterdam to enjoy myself. Being met with that kind of greeting really puts me off going back. I then asked how much am I likely to need, to which she said, I don't know. Maybe I was just unfortunate? But I thought it was worth mentioning
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Lemming wrote: Sat 16th Sep 2017 10:17 am You've got yer map upside down :lol:
That old chestnut! :lol:
I reckon it's your fault Lem for not adding the legend: 'THE MAP GOES THIS WAY UP' :wink:
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

MattS wrote: Fri 13th Oct 2017 02:10 pm Just to follow on regarding Mr k and Co (MKC) . I was there earlier this year and I hadn't been smoking properly since my college years, I was looking forward to the whole experience so much. I'd researched all the coffee shops and MKC seemed to be what I was looking for, quiet, friendly and helpful. However when asked what I wanted, I said while smiling, ahhh I'm not sure - to which the lady replied "well if you don't know, I can't help you" Now I'm 32 (31 at the time) and I deal with a lot of rude people in my profession and it's fine, I handle these people case by case . However her response really spoiled what otherwise, proved to be a lovely experience. I was hoping for advice and enthusiasm, I tip really generously and I go to Amsterdam to enjoy myself. Being met with that kind of greeting really puts me off going back. I then asked how much am I likely to need, to which she said, I don't know. Maybe I was just unfortunate? But I thought it was worth mentioning
heheheh - I am sorry that you had a bad experience here. I should start with that. I too have had similar conversations with Dutch shop-keepers and the first few times walked away puzzled about whether or not they'd just been rude to me.

In hindsight - it doesn't seem so to me anymore.
I think what's going on is that there's a breakdown in cultural communication in that particular interaction:

It always starts the same way. My looking puzzled and professing confusion.
A verbal behaviour that I'm sure you'll agree is somewhat at odds with the physicality of standing in front of a shop-keeper whom is expecting to be given some information with which to guide their customer to a decision, or be offered a specific request.

The knock-on effect is quite often a Dutch shopkeeper failing to understand the subtext of my statement and responding in a typically direct and humourless fashion.
If I'm honest - when I say 'I'm not sure':
What I really mean is (and I'm speaking about myself here - not you)
"I don't want to demand to see everything because I'll feel like an asshole; instead I want you to offer it to me - but I'm not willing to (be direct, brave, polite enough) to offer you the courtesy of simply saying it so I shall manipulate the situation to make me look less like an asshole. :lol:

I have learned through experience. That my British, indirect, suspiciously fraudulently self-effacing (and probably quite tiresome to the very direct communicative nature of most mainland Europeans) bumbling nature; is somewhat annoying to the Dutch.

It's surprising I know :lol:
To be honest it hasn't stopped me doing it.
If you really want to piss them off. Ask them 'how are you?' as an opener to your indecisiveness - ooooh they love that :)

Welkom in Nederland

BACK ON TOPIC.

Current pick of the Coffeeshop Crop for me has to be:

Het Ballonetje
Voyagers
Boereojongens
Utopia
Grey Area
MattS

Post by MattS »

hahahah well sadly, I suffer from the exact same syndrome! But needless to say, I probably wont change either :D I'll try to be a bit more specific next time, but I like being vague because it makes the whole counselling and advisory process last longer :D I really wish there was like a fee we could pay to have 15/20 minutes of the BT's time, where they can talk you through strains and maybe tasting a little of each! I appreciate that's probably a very niche market but i'd love it all the same :D

Will definitely be checking out Het Ballonetje, though I hear it's quite dutch orientated? Who I imagine are more seasoned stoners. Hopefully I wont offend any of them hahah. I've actually booked a trip for march too , I discovered voyagers while on this forum (i mentioned this elsewhere) and couldn't believe how cheap their rooms were :D
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

MattS wrote: Mon 16th Oct 2017 08:47 pm hahahah well sadly, I suffer from the exact same syndrome! But needless to say, I probably wont change either :D
GREAT!
MattS wrote: Mon 16th Oct 2017 08:47 pm I really wish there was like a fee we could pay to have 15/20 minutes of the BT's time, where they can talk you through strains and maybe tasting a little of each! I appreciate that's probably a very niche market but i'd love it all the same :D
Agreed
MattS wrote: Mon 16th Oct 2017 08:47 pm Will definitely be checking out Het Ballonetje, though I hear it's quite dutch orientated? Who I imagine are more seasoned stoners. Hopefully I wont offend any of them hahah. I've actually booked a trip for march too , I discovered voyagers while on this forum (i mentioned this elsewhere) and couldn't believe how cheap their rooms were :D
Dutch orientated? Not particularly - it's near the university so has a very cosmopolitan clientele. Tell them you found them Via the ACD I'm sure they'll be delighted to host you. If you read the travelogues from 420 this year you'll see why :)