OG Kush and Granddaddy Purple

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
sparkAblunt

Post by sparkAblunt »

I'm looking for this two strains in Amsterdam, especially GP really hard to find.

I checked out who updated it's coffeshop menu in last two months, some of them had OG Kush, I went bunch of coffeshops and none left.

Does anybody who recently(like couple days ago) went to coffeshops saw any OG Kush or Granddaddy Purple?

OneHighMofo

Re: OG Kush and Granddaddy Purple

Post by OneHighMofo »

So do you mean specifically DNA's strain: OG kush?
Or are you talking about the original U.S. lineage? (for that you'll need to look for a strain called Josh D)

The truth is that the American lineage was passed around so much in the 90's just about every breeder on the planet has their version of OG. Many of which are simply cuts of what they've been given, oftern named slightly differently: E.g., Ghost OG or Triangle Kush. So if you come across those two you're going to get a very similar cannabinoid and terpene profile.

You'll be lucky to find any of the above at any Coffeeshop, but you will find a decent representation of the OG Kush genetics at many.
There's lots of Gorilla Glue around at the moment and that's a very similar profile. Failing that Voyagers have Notorious OG.
You could also try somethig like Kosher Kush which is thought to be an OG back-cross with a distinctly dank, sour rotten lemon-drain-cleaner flavour. CS Easy Times are oft noted as the go-to shop for Kosher Kush (expect to pay upwards of €16).
If you're really feeling like pushing the boat out. Green Places 'Johnny Blaze and Batman' are both half decent Kushes. I do not recommend these lines though despite their obvious qualities as they'll both rush you €18p/g.

As for GDP I've rarely seen her on any menu. Although you will find a good few crosses around if you know what to look for:
Utopia sometimes have Fruity Pebbles (GDP x OG)
Tweede Kamer and Old Church often have Grape Ape which is a Mendo Purps cross (GDP is probably Mendo purps x Urkle -there's some debate on this, but they're similar terpene profiles none-the-less)
Siberie sometimes have Rainbow Jones (Casey jones x GDP)

If I think of any more I'll edit this post.
Happy hunting.
Last edited by OneHighMofo on Tue 23rd Jan 2018 02:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

OneHighMofo wrote: Tue 23rd Jan 2018 02:03 pm You could also try somethig like Kosher Kush which is thought to be an OG back-cross with a distinctly dank, sour rotten lemon-drain-cleaner flavour.
You say it like it's a bad thing. Now I'm not a great kush smoker, and I can't remember much about the taste of KK the only time I smoked it, at Voyagers; the only thing I do recall is that I'd been told it'd knock my socks off, and it didn't. But I'm sure it tasted nice enough, whereas drain cleaner doesn't really appeal.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Fat_old_dwarf wrote: Tue 23rd Jan 2018 02:25 pm You say it like it's a bad thing.
no no no :) it's definitely not a bad thing in my mind. Think chemical piney-lemons. Our American Bretheren often refer to 'Pinesol' cleaner'. I don't have a UK analogue as I use lefty-none-chemical-cleaners :lol:
sparkAblunt

Post by sparkAblunt »

OneHighMofo wrote: Tue 23rd Jan 2018 02:03 pm So do you mean specifically DNA's strain: OG kush?
Or are you talking about the original U.S. lineage? (for that you'll need to look for a strain called Josh D)

The truth is that the American lineage was passed around so much in the 90's just about every breeder on the planet has their version of OG. Many of which are simply cuts of what they've been given, oftern named slightly differently: E.g., Ghost OG or Triangle Kush. So if you come across those two you're going to get a very similar cannabinoid and terpene profile.

You'll be lucky to find any of the above at any Coffeeshop, but you will find a decent representation of the OG Kush genetics at many.
There's lots of Gorilla Glue around at the moment and that's a very similar profile. Failing that Voyagers have Notorious OG.
You could also try somethig like Kosher Kush which is thought to be an OG back-cross with a distinctly dank, sour rotten lemon-drain-cleaner flavour. CS Easy Times are oft noted as the go-to shop for Kosher Kush (expect to pay upwards of €16).
If you're really feeling like pushing the boat out. Green Places 'Johnny Blaze and Batman' are both half decent Kushes. I do not recommend these lines though despite their obvious qualities as they'll both rush you €18p/g.

As for GDP I've rarely seen her on any menu. Although you will find a good few crosses around if you know what to look for:
Utopia sometimes have Fruity Pebbles (GDP x OG)
Tweede Kamer and Old Church often have Grape Ape which is a Mendo Purps cross (GDP is probably Mendo purps x Urkle -there's some debate on this, but they're similar terpene profiles none-the-less)
Siberie sometimes have Rainbow Jones (Casey jones x GDP)

If I think of any more I'll edit this post.
Happy hunting.
Wow, I wasn't expecting a response like this. I will go to coffeshops and check the strains you mentioned.

Thanks for the heads up man, appreciated!
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

You're very welcome sir. My pleasure entirely.

Unfortunately my info was wrong on the GDP cross - it isn't mendo purps x urkle at all. It is in fact mendo purps x big bud.
I'm just listening to this podcast with the GDP breeder Maddfarmer and he confirms it. As I say though - similar profile to GDP so Grape Ape might have some of what you're looking for...
I assume narcotic, pain relief 'broad leaf' (Indica) properties?
Bedoefc

Post by Bedoefc »

Go to coffeeshop 1 E hulp they have a strain that’s crossed with Chemdawg and Grandaddy called purple chemdawg. I have had granddaddy and this strain is the same as purple chemdawg, it’s €20 for 1.33G, they still have it as I got it last night
sparkAblunt

Post by sparkAblunt »

Bedoefc wrote: Thu 25th Jan 2018 10:40 pm Go to coffeeshop 1 E hulp they have a strain that’s crossed with Chemdawg and Grandaddy called purple chemdawg. I have had granddaddy and this strain is the same as purple chemdawg, it’s €20 for 1.33G, they still have it as I got it last night
I got mad headache's after smoking this. Yikes!
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

sparkAblunt wrote: Sun 28th Jan 2018 07:54 am
Do you have any left you can take a picture of? I'm keen to see the structure of the flower.
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

OneHighMofo wrote: Sun 28th Jan 2018 09:36 am
Do you have any left you can take a picture of? I'm keen to see the structure of the flower.
Its on haze4breakfasts insta story at the moment, at a first glance it doesnt look like PGR or anything obviously fishy with structure?
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

sNc wrote: Sun 28th Jan 2018 11:03 am Its on haze4breakfasts insta story at the moment, at a first glance it doesnt look like PGR or anything obviously fishy with structure?
Agreed - cheers for the heads-up man. You read my mind :)
macky

Re: OG Kush and Granddaddy Purplez

Post by macky »

Going to be tuff over there ,do to fact Chemdog works mostly with US breeders .
Dinafem has a strain he worked on Dinachem.Not saying big money will not get you excess to real gentics but a lot are using poor gentics F2,s.
A lot has to do with the grower ,years back I knew a crew of growers with one guy making cuttings for all from same mom. My friend who took all product would get sick of telling his dealers it was same strain week after week .
There was so much differents between grow op,s ,he just would make up name week to week .
Made punter,s think they where getting variety...they where not :D
Bedoefc

Post by Bedoefc »

Bedoefc wrote: Thu 25th Jan 2018 10:40 pm Go to coffeeshop 1 E hulp they have a strain that’s crossed with Chemdawg and Grandaddy called purple chemdawg. I have had granddaddy and this strain is the same as purple chemdawg, it’s €20 for 1.33G, they still have it as I got it last night
Did you enjoy at the time though?
sparkAblunt

Post by sparkAblunt »

Bedoefc wrote: Sun 28th Jan 2018 08:13 pm
Yeah, I don't think I can say I enjoyed it.
Sure man;

Bedoefc

Post by Bedoefc »

sparkAblunt wrote: Mon 29th Jan 2018 10:25 am
Bedoefc wrote: Sun 28th Jan 2018 08:13 pm

Well don’t know if you’ve had granddaddy but it’s even more stronger than purple chemdawg IMO!

Yeah, I don't think I can say I enjoyed it.
Sure man;