What are you smoking right now! [pictures inside]

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
CopenhagenCouple

Re: What are you smoking right now! [pictures inside]

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Jesscass wrote: Wed 17th May 2017 11:53 am @Pengaldinho / OneHighMoFo

Great stuff, cheers! Shame no one else seems to comment on your postings here, is this envy, awe or what?
Look closer dude, Peng especially gets a lot of (positive) feedback on his pics, and rightfully so...
Jesscass wrote: Wed 17th May 2017 11:53 am Excellent selection of hashish ! Thanks for sharing ; leaves almost nothing to be desired.
Thnx, although I would like some Asian and new school in there I can't say that we were missing much in the classic Northern African varieties.
Jesscass wrote: Wed 17th May 2017 11:53 am am aware you only shown the better bits you found

Then you are "aware" of something you have made up, which I guess is better than the alternative of being straight up delusional… That happened to be our complete stash, minus a smudge of rosin and the kief / dust in the small preserves jars we keep the green in.

The best (green) bits we obviously (!!) smoked right away so that it wouldn't loose more of it's quality as it was in risk of drying out and loosing flavor, as had most of what you see in the picture.

Why are you constantly being so suspicious of others dude? You can't even comment positively on stuff you otherwise seem to have an interest in, without throwing in a veiled insult or at the very least implying by generalization that most stoners / growers / whomever is the “target of the day” suffer from some sort of character flaw, what’s up with that man?

Given your obvious interest in and (at least in some respects) quite substantial knowledge of the finer points of cannabis appreciation and consumption, don’t you think you personally would benefit from a more constructive and, possibly, more empathic approach? You are obviously antagonizing people with your current approach, and unless you really are nothing but a troll at heart, this cannot possibly be a desirable outcome.

Off course, I am assuming you are actually looking for an informed and involved discourse with other likeminded individuals. I might be mistaken…
Jesscass wrote: Wed 17th May 2017 11:53 am Please forget about the term 'cure' when it comes to coffeeshop gear or a lot of the other stuff being commercially available everywhere. It is probably just not cured.
I have previously tried to caution other posters about making unqualified and absolute claims if they are not 100 % sure in these claims (in fact IIRC in a thread you joined with some opinions of you own), but the reception wasn’t exactly what I’d hoped for.

In this case I would just like to point out that “curing”, when it comes to cannabis, is to be understood in much the same way as when it applies to e.g. a cured ham, or even the pre-fermentation of grapes employed in some traditional wine making processes (such as the production of the Italian classic Amarone della Valpolicella). In such processes certain compounds (constituents of whatever is being cured) are “transformed” by a range of mechanisms In the case of such things as weed and grapes, I suspect (but do not know for sure) that these processes are often either enzymatic or bacteriological process, meaning either an enzymatic breakdown and possible hydrolysis of some of the compounds or breakdown and possibly hydrolysis of some of the compounds by fermentation, respectively. There is also the possibility of a photocatalytic breakdown of some of these compounds if the product is being dried in the sun, but that is more relevant when we are discussing hash, so let’s stick to the other two.

Such processes can be either anaerobic (meaning free from or with very little oxygen, which is mainly the case if the mechanism is bacteriological) or aerobic (meaning in the presence of oxygen).

Unless you flash dry your weed (for instance in a heavily ventilated and dehumidified environment or, even worse, an oven), some curing process is bound to take place, at least in the final stages of controlled dehydration. Both anaerobic conditions, in the core and denser inside parts of the buds, and aerobic conditions, in other parts of the product, exists and enzymes and sources for spontaneous fermentation is are ubiquitous unless you are in an almost sterile environment. It is actually really hard to completely avoid such processes, which by the way are also the reason why (dead) organic matter in general breaks down and decays when left in an unprotected environment.

You are, by the way, probably aware that chlorophyll is mainly broken down in weed by curing and if you have ever smoked a weed that was flash dried straight after harvest, you know exactly what even just a bit of curing does to a weed as chlorophyll laden weed is practically unsmokeable.

Off course there are more refined methods of curing than just a controlled dehydration of your product (many cannasuers might not even recognize this as a method of curing the weed) and such methods vastly increase and improve flavors compared to the results from the most “basic” method. At least up to a certain point of diminishing returns, potency is also increased by a refined and prolonged cure of your product.

However refined a method you employ (or choose not to employ), the fact of the matter is that unless you really fuck up or actively try to avoid it, most weed is at least a little cured in the proper and full understanding of the term.

Now, when I (and I suspect many of our fellow, knowledgeable forum members) write in a review that a certain weed wasn’t properly cured, I am not just talking out of my ass and / or repeating some buzz word I happened to catch on to. I in fact mean that I am dissatisfied by the (extended) process(es) whomever “finished” my product employed to ensure that the chlorophyll has been broken down, the different complex molecules (terps, cannabinoids and their chemical precursors) “transformed” into complex flavor profiles and the consistency of the product (from an even more complex process than what I discussed above and one that I am very disinclined to go into) changed to something that is much easier to handle, burns more consistently and is much smoother (due to all of the previous mentioned attributes).

Please refrain from constantly assuming ignorance on the part of most other forum members, at least refrain from this if you want to continue commenting on any posts we make (and to which you expect anything nice or constructive in return).

To all other members: Please excuse the rant and somewhat “twatty” post above, I am just getting a little sick of getting lectured on such an ignorant* basis and felt the (twatty) urge to reply with my own little “peer” review of said lecture. I hope we can continue a more fruitful and constructive dialogue. Even though we may not agree, in fact I encourage disagreement and discourse as I find it most rewarding and instructive, I enjoy chatting to more or less all of you, but cannot stand when someone is constantly so backhanded or deals in absolutes without having a leg to stand on intellectually in the subject.

CC

*ignorant in this case is not meant as an insult to the intelligence or educational merits of other posters, rather as in “(willfully) oblivious to the facts at hand” or “inadequately informed”

Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Thu 18th May 2017 04:02 pm
Jesscass wrote: Wed 17th May 2017 11:53 am @Pengaldinho / OneHighMoFo

Great stuff, cheers! Shame no one else seems to comment on your postings here, is this envy, awe or what?
Look closer dude, Peng especially gets a lot of (positive) feedback on his pics, and rightfully so...
Jesscass wrote: Wed 17th May 2017 11:53 am Excellent selection of hashish ! Thanks for sharing ; leaves almost nothing to be desired.
Thnx, although I would like some Asian and new school in there I can't say that we were missing much in the classic Northern African varieties.
Jesscass wrote: Wed 17th May 2017 11:53 am am aware you only shown the better bits you found

Then you are "aware" of something you have made up, which I guess is better than the alternative of being straight up delusional… That happened to be our complete stash, minus a smudge of rosin and the kief / dust in the small preserves jars we keep the green in.

The best (green) bits we obviously (!!) smoked right away so that it wouldn't loose more of it's quality as it was in risk of drying out and loosing flavor, as had most of what you see in the picture.

Why are you constantly being so suspicious of others dude? You can't even comment positively on stuff you otherwise seem to have an interest in, without throwing in a veiled insult or at the very least implying by generalization that most stoners / growers / whomever is the “target of the day” suffer from some sort of character flaw, what’s up with that man?

Given your obvious interest in and (at least in some respects) quite substantial knowledge of the finer points of cannabis appreciation and consumption, don’t you think you personally would benefit from a more constructive and, possibly, more empathic approach? You are obviously antagonizing people with your current approach, and unless you really are nothing but a troll at heart, this cannot possibly be a desirable outcome.

Off course, I am assuming you are actually looking for an informed and involved discourse with other likeminded individuals. I might be mistaken…
Jesscass wrote: Wed 17th May 2017 11:53 am Please forget about the term 'cure' when it comes to coffeeshop gear or a lot of the other stuff being commercially available everywhere. It is probably just not cured.
I have previously tried to caution other posters about making unqualified and absolute claims if they are not 100 % sure in these claims (in fact IIRC in a thread you joined with some opinions of you own), but the reception wasn’t exactly what I’d hoped for.

In this case I would just like to point out that “curing”, when it comes to cannabis, is to be understood in much the same way as when it applies to e.g. a cured ham, or even the pre-fermentation of grapes employed in some traditional wine making processes (such as the production of the Italian classic Amarone della Valpolicella). In such processes certain compounds (constituents of whatever is being cured) are “transformed” by a range of mechanisms In the case of such things as weed and grapes, I suspect (but do not know for sure) that these processes are often either enzymatic or bacteriological process, meaning either an enzymatic breakdown and possible hydrolysis of some of the compounds or breakdown and possibly hydrolysis of some of the compounds by fermentation, respectively. There is also the possibility of a photocatalytic breakdown of some of these compounds if the product is being dried in the sun, but that is more relevant when we are discussing hash, so let’s stick to the other two.

Such processes can be either anaerobic (meaning free from or with very little oxygen, which is mainly the case if the mechanism is bacteriological) or aerobic (meaning in the presence of oxygen).

Unless you flash dry your weed (for instance in a heavily ventilated and dehumidified environment or, even worse, an oven), some curing process is bound to take place, at least in the final stages of controlled dehydration. Both anaerobic conditions, in the core and denser inside parts of the buds, and aerobic conditions, in other parts of the product, exists and enzymes and sources for spontaneous fermentation is are ubiquitous unless you are in an almost sterile environment. It is actually really hard to completely avoid such processes, which by the way are also the reason why (dead) organic matter in general breaks down and decays when left in an unprotected environment.

You are, by the way, probably aware that chlorophyll is mainly broken down in weed by curing and if you have ever smoked a weed that was flash dried straight after harvest, you know exactly what even just a bit of curing does to a weed as chlorophyll laden weed is practically unsmokeable.

Off course there are more refined methods of curing than just a controlled dehydration of your product (many cannasuers might not even recognize this as a method of curing the weed) and such methods vastly increase and improve flavors compared to the results from the most “basic” method. At least up to a certain point of diminishing returns, potency is also increased by a refined and prolonged cure of your product.

However refined a method you employ (or choose not to employ), the fact of the matter is that unless you really fuck up or actively try to avoid it, most weed is at least a little cured in the proper and full understanding of the term.

Now, when I (and I suspect many of our fellow, knowledgeable forum members) write in a review that a certain weed wasn’t properly cured, I am not just talking out of my ass and / or repeating some buzz word I happened to catch on to. I in fact mean that I am dissatisfied by the (extended) process(es) whomever “finished” my product employed to ensure that the chlorophyll has been broken down, the different complex molecules (terps, cannabinoids and their chemical precursors) “transformed” into complex flavor profiles and the consistency of the product (from an even more complex process than what I discussed above and one that I am very disinclined to go into) changed to something that is much easier to handle, burns more consistently and is much smoother (due to all of the previous mentioned attributes).

Please refrain from constantly assuming ignorance on the part of most other forum members, at least refrain from this if you want to continue commenting on any posts we make (and to which you expect anything nice or constructive in return).

To all other members: Please excuse the rant and somewhat “twatty” post above, I am just getting a little sick of getting lectured on such an ignorant* basis and felt the (twatty) urge to reply with my own little “peer” review of said lecture. I hope we can continue a more fruitful and constructive dialogue. Even though we may not agree, in fact I encourage disagreement and discourse as I find it most rewarding and instructive, I enjoy chatting to more or less all of you, but cannot stand when someone is constantly so backhanded or deals in absolutes without having a leg to stand on intellectually in the subject.

CC

*ignorant in this case is not meant as an insult to the intelligence or educational merits of other posters, rather as in “(willfully) oblivious to the facts at hand” or “inadequately informed”
Boom, looks like Jesscass just got just got Jesscashed with a taste of his own medicine. Albeit one actually written coherently, with breaks in the verbage, rather than one big wall of text.
macky

Post by macky »

:D
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

@CopenhagenCouple
Marked the important part for you guys(italic text) , rest is off-topic ; definitely out of this discussion in this thread here. Only because I of course needed the whole weekend to piece together that comment :lol: !

I really thought you were showing the best ones you could pick up like roughly you did with your selection of hash(yes they not all looked like the unpressed ones qualitywise and a couple may at least be medium quality it seems but still indeed an excellent mixture). So not that obvious to me ; to err is human though :) . By the way if so then I like your honestly showing what you have to smoke even though it is nothing extra ordinary like you say. In opposite to others whitewashing most things they do instead of keeping their feets on the ground.
CopenhagenCouple wrote: Thu 18th May 2017 04:02 pm Why are you constantly being so suspicious of others dude? You can't even comment positively on stuff you otherwise seem to have an interest in, without throwing in a veiled insult or at the very least implying by generalization that most stoners / growers / whomever is the “target of the day” suffer from some sort of character flaw, what’s up with that man?

As I mentioned in my post you were only a welcoming discussion starter as in general I noticed this talk about curing since a good while so if one not properly used it until then can rethink about using this term, also that this is mostly directed at the ones thinking they can let it sit for a while. Isn't that constructive?

I am aware this was off-topic and I said my piece about the topic of this very thread just before so why not making the best out of one post?
Also I reported about meeting those stereotype stoners(growers) I personally can't stand at all for mentioned reasons. Key word here is stereotype though. There is a difference as I not claimed all people doing this drug are like them. No target of the day bullshit as see above.

Positivitey? Nothing wrong with that in fact but everything at the proper time, don't you think? Otherwise this turns into a boring commodity respectively empty gesture if used permanently come hell or high water.
Apart from that I again have to point out I commented very positive about the stuff you posted.

After that I
went on about curing which dealt with facts I experiencied myself and I will not whitewash this.
Too as mentioned before no need for making friends here, definitely not my approach and I try to be as respectful as possible though but don't want to waste too much precious lifetime on the artificial internet no matter how useful it can be. So I mostly stick to direct speech(read:risk it) instead of endless discussions which I'd always prefer in real life. Compromise. That's just my style if anyone responses cool, if not that's life again ; even reading it has a minimal influence and that's even enough(again I'm not only generous but modest :lol: ).

Noticed over the years all those different approaches on here and am cool with that even though can't stand some of them but it's about live and let live.

As said too I can respect someone for something and still at the same time criticise someone for something as am no border liner(black-white-thinking) myself nor one dimensional. There are still pros and cons no matter if things or about character.
Still I know that people tend to be like that(emotional)and don't forgive and avoiding people due to trouble or disagreement in the past but especially here on the internet this is a ridiculous farce(while I personally not act differently than compared to real world and on the other hand – again life can be oh so ambivalent – things from the internet though have an influence on society in real world whether it be good or not). Tend to be a rational person myself. Above all this is an adult forum.

Told you guys before: you seem to be knowledgeable and you get my deepest respect for that(wouldn't waste my time if this would be a backhanded lie, not my style. ). Furthermore you still enthusiastic about helping newbies with the same questions again and again. Personally couldn't do this anymore(lots of those type of posters from this Social Media scene seem to pop up in recent years seemingly don't know about the difference between a classic forum like this and a place like let's say Fa(r)cebook. To some point you can't even blame them as such forums here seem to be quite out of date sadly.).
Sadly there is only a handful of posters having somewhat deeper background knowledge like you on here ; furthermore this seems to be a rare thing anyway considering this plant got even more popular during the last decade and even though it is not as bad as before, most people seem to not have much of a clue about it and I try to change this when discussing or posting stuff, also to maybe learn something new myself but it is challenging to say the least. Though this is essential if you want to introduce others to it and keeping it alive :) .
Have a circle of aquaintances and bunch of connections having to do with this plant and the majority even struggles when it comes to basic knowledge(effects, side-effects, risks, methods of consumption) no matter which educated class they belong to sadly let alone the ones I know having nothing to do with that drug.
Important in my humble opinion as it's about one's body and mind and it should be treated as sensitive as possible like with food and health in general. That is of course again only my personal impression ; I think it's okay to compare this basic knowledge to let's say lovers of beer and/or wine, it's quite popular but it seems even there people more in the know are a minority.
While I experiencied a lot I go on with helping out every now and then so no negative approach but realistic approach from my side.
On the other side I wouldn't want to share a table with you guys but this is by far no hate(that would be really insane in my eyes since we never crossed paths)as more a matter of personal choice and the world won't end due to this ; let's just make the best out of it on the internet.
Which thread you are refering to? Why don‘t you just link it up instead of your let me call it subtext rhetoric? Don't forget I'm a pathetic backhanded twat dealing with narcism as drowning in self-pity and am not able to figure out such intelligent things :mrgreen: .

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Thu 18th May 2017 04:02 pm In this case I would just like to point out that “curing”, when it comes to cannabis, is to be understood in much the same way as when it applies to e.g. a cured ham, or even the pre-fermentation of grapes employed in some traditional wine making processes (such as the production of the Italian classic Amarone della Valpolicella). In such processes certain compounds (constituents of whatever is being cured) are “transformed” by a range of mechanisms In the case of such things as weed and grapes, I suspect (but do not know for sure) that these processes are often either enzymatic or bacteriological process, meaning either an enzymatic breakdown and possible hydrolysis of some of the compounds or breakdown and possibly hydrolysis of some of the compounds by fermentation, respectively. There is also the possibility of a photocatalytic breakdown of some of these compounds if the product is being dried in the sun, but that is more relevant when we are discussing hash, so let’s stick to the other two.

Thanks for these insight. I partly agree.
Two things I partly disagree with: firstly you seem to confuse fermentation with curing and vice versa. Roughly you can say curing is about spreading out
respectively balancing rest of moisture within the buds which at least leads to an indeed guaranteed way smoother smoke and even more smelly and tasty bud. Latter one only if you've chosen the right phenotype though and it individually depends on each one but if you've chosen the right one after an individual period of time you will smell and taste the nearly full potential of one phenotype. Amazing what phenotypes can turn into after a curing by the way.
The main difference to fermentation is that there are like you mentioned too bacterial processes are involved.
Especially this one will break down chlorophyll for an even smoother smoke(Note: I had stashed away gear for over one year in the curing zone and it indeed even lost some chlorophyll and turned from light green to light brown but at the same time since sealed up in a glass jar the cure went on and the same buds were smoother than before but lost a lot of their taste and smell pofile.
This is about what you have mentioned also probably: we haven't vacuum sealed those experiments
with longterm cure so the cure went on and it seems at one time you can overdo a cure when it comes to taste and smell, also it is no sterile space and there seemed to be bacterias involved nonetheless being responsible for a bit of fermentation. Another odd thing: if you open those jars after a couple of weeks or whenever let's say at the best time of a cure you indeed smell notice it when opening by smell but on the other side if you take one bud out it's not so stinky at first if you don't cut it so you have to let it sit for a while outside of the jar, say two hours and it turns into something stinky usually.)

Secondly, I find it a bit over the top when you say there is a minimal curing happening when drying plants which is indeed true but still this is a complete different ball game to mentioned cure above.
Your example with food hits the point: this is a either a proper cure or fermentation and indeed no half-baked botchery or weak tries may they be even unconsciously. ;
quite the opposite as at least in western countries food is well regulated and standardised(at least compared to unregulated illegal drug markets.)but even there:
shit happens every now and then.
A matter of personal experience with the subject in itsself I guess. Of course it's up to you still calling this minimal cure a cure but I'd prefer the term properly dried then(as slow as possible of course).
Dilemma indeed.

Here some threads I found after a small recherche for further inspirations:

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/ ... nd-curing/
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/thr ... -short.70/
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=156237
https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-10 ... g-cannabis

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Thu 18th May 2017 04:02 pm Please refrain from constantly assuming ignorance on the part of most other forum members, at least refrain from this if you want to continue commenting on any posts we make (and to which you expect anything nice or constructive in return).
Ignorance? Who said that? Ignorance implies intention respectively indeed ignoring facts. So this topic wasn't discussed at all before as far as I know on here in a deeper way so definitely no ignorance involved. I'm about 'You might just not know' and there is nothing wrong with that. Nobody is perfect.
I comment any posts you guys or anyone else make it's up to me and my stuff is mostly reasoned and with arguments as supllying alternatives often. You saying I'm assuming ignorance is nothing more than an assertion, maybe a projection of yours ; just reread my original post and the one above. If you don't like my posts just ignore them or put me on your foe list.
CopenhagenCouple wrote: Thu 18th May 2017 04:02 pm To all other members: Please excuse the rant and somewhat “twatty” post above, I am just getting a little sick of getting lectured on such an ignorant* basis and felt the (twatty) urge to reply with my own little “peer” review of said lecture. I hope we can continue a more fruitful and constructive dialogue. Even though we may not agree, in fact I encourage disagreement and discourse as I find it most rewarding and instructive, I enjoy chatting to more or less all of you, but cannot stand when someone is constantly so backhanded or deals in absolutes without having a leg to stand on intellectually in the subject.
Again, you don't need to respond to it it's up to you. You seem to care too much about others. Also you, them and me don't know everything as mentioned above. Backhanded I could say about this very quotation of yours here as it seems you took something a bit personal while this explaination of curing wasn't directed at you at all as explained above.
Instead of this above you could have opened up a thread about curing and everyone can share their views.
DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Thu 18th May 2017 05:35 pm Boom, looks like Jesscass just got just got Jesscashed with a taste of his own medicine. Albeit one actually written coherently, with breaks in the verbage, rather than one big wall of text.
Wonder how DeLekkersteNUGS16 still finds time handing out these advices while he is according to his posts obviously so busy running around and taking in orders. Just read about his most recent disaster this week on here when one of his hopefully many orderers irresponsibly posted about the outcome of his order[No (nick)names to protect the innocent as I'm descreetly oldschool]. Though he correctly immediately called off that selfish prat to edit his oh so unreflected post. Shit happens I guess but at the same time he still amazingly finds time to care about our forum here.
He should choose his orderers more wisely though otherwise his hustle may end abruptly as his decadent lifestyle in the Dam[every day like the one before] I quite admire and am even almost envious about if I wouldn't be so generous as tolerant though. Maybe he should lay off the weed for a while and probably those other drugs either they're legal or not, too. Fingers crossed! Hope his life is in order apart from that. Still trying to follow his welcoming advise about my poor writting skills but it always takes some time in my case. All the best to him ; it's all about each one teach one on the forum.
Oh my :lol: .
macky wrote: Thu 18th May 2017 09:35 pm:D
I appreciate you're not commenting this, cheers!
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Before we get into it, thank you for keeping a civil tone, mostly, in your reply, the last bit we’ll get back to….

Jess, dude, you should really practice sticking to the point a bit. Coming from me you should listen, ask anyone on here who have met me, I am master of tangents. It isn’t necessarily that you go off track that much, you just take forever to get to your point man and draw in all kinds of strange speculation on the reasons for your stance.

In the name of brevity I’ll give you a TL;DR version of what is to follow: You are not getting what I am trying to tell you. Neither with respect to the way you go about “conversing” with others on the forum, nor with respect to you lecturing “us” about issues that you are either oversimplifying or are just downright getting wrong because you are making assumptions that aren’t true.

A few examples for you:

With respect to you being constantly suspicious of other posters (and apparently just people in general), you go right in to it when defending the exact same thing:
Jesscass wrote: Sat 20th May 2017 08:06 pm I really thought you were showing the best ones you could pick up like roughly you did with your selection of hash
If you take your time to read through what you are replying to I just stated that we posted our entire stash and that it was contained a selection of top to medium picks from the huge selection available. There are literarily hundreds of different Moroccan (and other) hashes available and probably way more than 40 or 50 in the top range. So no, that wasn’t me showing roughly “the best ones you could pick up”, that was you making assumptions.

You also write that you don’t take things personally, that you enjoy disagreement and discourse and that
Jesscass wrote: Sat 20th May 2017 08:06 pm As said too I can respect someone for something and still at the same time criticise someone for something as am no border liner(black-white-thinking) myself nor one dimensional. There are still pros and cons no matter if things or about character.
Still I know that people tend to be like that(emotional)and don't forgive and avoiding people due to trouble or disagreement in the past but especially here on the internet this is a ridiculous farce
Yet…
Jesscass wrote: Sat 20th May 2017 08:06 pm On the other side I wouldn't want to share a table with you guys
…considering that most coffeeshops and other Ams hang outs have sharing tables, I guess you will have to look to our live postings on the forum for our whereabouts, if you are ever in the city at the same time as us and don’t want to go back on one of those two statements. Neither of us would avoid anyone due to a disagreement and would welcome a chat with you, might be easier to understand your point face to face…

When I write that you assume ignorance on part of other forum members (and by generalization, you do, even though you at least at some points state that you think that we / I are well informed), I mean that you have a tendency to assume that many forum posters are very ill-informed. What triggers me even more is the fact that you are, quite obviously, either oversimplifying things (which is indeed counterproductive if you are trying to educated people) or just not aware of the facts at hand (thus my statement about you lecturing me on an ignorant basis).

Let us take an example:
Jesscass wrote: Sat 20th May 2017 08:06 pm firstly you seem to confuse fermentation with curing and vice versa.
Not at all, I have a very good understanding of these terms, one that I have from more than just a few random searches and posts on other chat forums. You, on the other hand, seem to have confused a few things a bit, and to have failed to read through the only one of the links you posted that had a little solid information in it.
Jesscass wrote: Sat 20th May 2017 08:06 pm Roughly you can say curing is about spreading out
respectively balancing rest of moisture within the buds which at least leads to an indeed guaranteed way smoother smoke and even more smelly and tasty bud.
Erhm, yeah, no. No, you cannot. At least no more than you can say that making wine is the process of making grapes “smushy” or that making cheese is the process of making milk “hard and sliceable”.

Curing is a complex process that, via a range of mechanisms (some of them I described briefly in the earlier post), transforms and transmutes some of the compounds in the product being cured on a chemical / biochemical basis and also affects the overall physical structure (i.e. texture and consistency) of the product. Collectively these processes are often referred to as biosynthesis, which is a bit misleading as some of them can occur by purely chemical processes such as photo-catalytic synthesis, and they are by no means just a process of dehydration and “moisture balancing”.

The controlled dehydration is, however, crucial to the process of curing, that is why for instance Parma hams are cured in moderately humid air, “still smelling like the sea and the chestnut of the hills” if you get a little poetic about it. It is crucial because it creates the conditions under which the “biosynthesis” can occur.

Allow me to quote from one of your own links (the only one btw that had just a little detail on actual mechanisms of the curing process and wasn’t just a stoner’s “how to” guide):

“These conditions also create an optimal environment for enzymes and aerobic bacteria to break down leftover minerals and the undesirable sugars produced by the decomposition of chlorophyll during the drying process. The presence of these sugars and leftover minerals is what causes the harsh, throat-burning sensation you get from smoking improperly cured cannabis.”

Does that ring a bell?

I, and I am sure others, am glad that you share a lot of your knowledge about cannabis, you seem to especially know quite a bit about some types of classic Moroccan hash. I do, however, have a problem when you criticize other poster’s uses of certain terms, but go straight into your own misunderstood and oversimplified explanations, and on top of that introduce new misunderstood terms.

Just a quick example:
Jesscass wrote: Sat 20th May 2017 08:06 pm Latter one only if you've chosen the right phenotype though and it individually depends on each one but if you've chosen the right one after an individual period of time you will smell and taste the nearly full potential of one phenotype. Amazing what phenotypes can turn into after a curing by the way.
Either you are really confusing the terms here or you are implying that curing a weed can somehow affect its genetic profile. If the latter is the case, I am very curious as to how you have determined this; have you sequenced the genome of a cured and uncured sample, grown seeds from buds that were cured versus ones that were not or some other method?

I think you are quite negative and also very judgmental in many of your posts, and in fact not very constructive. At times this is just an annoyance and one can, as you say, just chose not to read you entries, but other times you go way over the line and need to be told.

One thing is to assume or imply that other posters are ignorant or uneducated in the finer points of cannabis, another is to make repeated and direct accusations of a quite serious nature towards other forum members.
In this regard you have now, wrongly and very distastefully I might add, moved from making veiled to quite open accusations towards DLN16. We and quite a few other forum members know DLN16 personally and can tell you that you are way fucking off and should have a little more gawddang sense. Think about it for a bit, he is a local and off course he has the local hook ups. Have any of your non CS contacts just accepted random tourist off the street? If so you must really get some crappy shit at home.

Next thing you will probably accuse us of being some form of weird cannabis marketing hustlers getting a cutback if the sales to tourist in Christiania rise due to us posting a few pictures on this forum of hash bought there… Get over it man, you have completely lost it...

And BTW:
Jesscass wrote: Sat 20th May 2017 08:06 pm Oh my .
macky wrote: ↑Thu 18th May 2017 10:35 pm

I appreciate you're not commenting this, cheers!
...he did comment it, you just didn't get it...

CC
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

was looking around and a darkwebsite , and still had a small amount of bitcoin from previous transactions .
Turns out due to inflation , my lil pocket change turned into 90euros wortha coin !!!!!! :shock: :shock: :D

Cause most dutch vendors dont send stuff to dutch adresses , ordered some spanishweed
Cheese dawg x SFV OG . 10grams 75bugs . when i opened the bag INSTANTLY REEKED up the entire room !
Big buds , a little flattened so a lil thc stuck to the bag . But honestly order this !
Serious value for money people ! Vendor is called DoctorBubble
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
EasilySuede

Post by EasilySuede »

sunday mornin' comin' down...
vaping some of select strains'
elite nevilles haze cartridges-

from the zion dispensary-
https://www.leafly.com/dispensary-info/ ... nabis/menu

they put the terpenes back in,
and it shows. also, no soapy taste
like some of these cartridges can
have.

http://selectstrains.com/products-2/
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

RvanSteensel wrote: Sun 21st May 2017 04:44 pm was looking around and a darkwebsite , and still had a small amount of bitcoin from previous transactions .
Turns out due to inflation , my lil pocket change turned into 90euros wortha coin !!!!!! :shock: :shock: :D

Cause most dutch vendors dont send stuff to dutch adresses , ordered some spanishweed
Cheese dawg x SFV OG . 10grams 75bugs . when i opened the bag INSTANTLY REEKED up the entire room !
Big buds , a little flattened so a lil thc stuck to the bag . But honestly order this !
Serious value for money people ! Vendor is called DoctorBubble
Bit of a result all round there, well done mate :)
What a long strange trip it is.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

RvanSteensel wrote: Sun 21st May 2017 04:44 pmCause most dutch vendors dont send stuff to dutch adresses
I assume this is because there's no way of knowing whether the person they're sending it to is gathering evidence for a legal case against them. But how difficult would it be for Dutch authorities to have access to foreign addresses that they could use to order stuff?
EasilySuede

Post by EasilySuede »

vaping up the very last bits my personal cross of
nevilles haze x (johnnyBlaze F2 x greenHazeThai F3).
here she is at 10wks of 11/13 light schedule...
(she was taken at 12, but probably would've been proper at 13-14wks)

super clean and clear up-n-up euphoric high. no paranoia.
lemon and cedar aroma. classic haze woodiness.
her post-harvest stump re-vegged with surprising vigor,
and clones taken have just started rooting.
my favorite personal cross so far.
EasilySuede

Post by EasilySuede »

heart-thumpin' sativa effect-
that's some bike-pedalin'-power packed in there
$42/.5gr. included 20% recreational tax.
only need about 2-3 sec. draws-worth...
quite expansive, and help the .5gr last awhile.
actually tasted nicely citrus.
cheers
EasilySuede

Post by EasilySuede »

pickups (pic below) from the pot shop,
all prices include 20% rec. tax:

-top bud, "dirty harry"
(blueberry x grapefruit) x herijuana
THC: 16.47%, CBD: 0.15%, $45/7gr (5.72eu/gr)
http://www.cannabissearch.com/strains/dirty-harry/

-bottom bud, "chocolate haze"
a chocolope pheno
THC: 19.32%, CBD: 0.0%, $45/7gr (what i'm vaping now- nice/tasty)

-select elite cartridge MediHaze
THC: 93.4%, CBD: 0.0%, $60/1gr (53.59eu/gr)
interesting, because medihaze is a high CBD strain...
https://cbdcrew.org/varieties/cbd-medihaze/
...? i could see the growers at our northerly latitude
liking this strain for its ability to finish outdoors here.
but how do they selectively pluck out the THC
when making the concentrate?

nicest cleanest high so far from these various cartridges, btw.
the ak-47 is a bit of a kick to the head.

chamber from a plenty vape- finely ground dry herb,
just completely covering the bottom, and another
bottom screen placed on top (instead of the hash
oil pad). then attach the cooling tube and use.
easy/efficient way to use a light load. the screen will
remain in place, since you're pulling "vape slowly".
lots of times the weed on discount at the dispensaries is the dry stuff-
this makes good vaping weed, as there's little moisture
for the hot air to have to power thru before getting to the
higher-boiling-point THC.

cheers
avfc-herbalist

Post by avfc-herbalist »

Big Bang

Old school flavours with this strain.
sit back, blaze ganja and chill
Weed-o

Post by Weed-o »

EasilySuede wrote: Fri 9th Jun 2017 09:49 pm chamber from a plenty vape- finely ground dry herb,
Your method is solid (thanks for sharing BTW) , but I have to say that I've enjoyed my Plenty much more since I've bought the chamber reducer. I feel it's a more efficient way to use it. Just my 2 cents...
EasilySuede

Post by EasilySuede »

Weed-o wrote: Tue 13th Jun 2017 08:30 am
EasilySuede wrote: Fri 9th Jun 2017 09:49 pm chamber from a plenty vape- finely ground dry herb,
Your method is solid (thanks for sharing BTW) , but I have to say that I've enjoyed my Plenty much more since I've bought the chamber reducer. I feel it's a more efficient way to use it. Just my 2 cents...
cheers, weed-o.
didn't even know that chamber reducer animal existed.

vaping another cartridge by the same folks in my previous posts above.
(instead of another pic) label states:
Tangerine
100% fully activated* THC distillate.
73.1% thc
9.26% cbd
do not eat 8)

* = decarb'd

highest cbd percentage of any of these cartridges i've tried,
but most sativa energy. don't know if it's the cbd-thc synergy
doing that, or the decarb'ing... more science/research needed. :twisted:
cheers