Sweden The cannabis documentary "Mary & I" travels to Amsterdam, 4/20-17!

tonivaux

Sweden The cannabis documentary "Mary & I" travels to Amsterdam, 4/20-17!

Post by tonivaux »

Hey everyone,

My name is Toni Vaux and I'm working for the production company Guerilla Tactics Entertainment here in Malmö, Sweden. Our main purpose is to create a debate here in Sweden regarding the topic that eventually will lead to decriminalization/legalisation of cannabis in our native country.

We have many ongoing projects, for example podcasts, series, documentaries etc. in which we try to normalize cannabis as a medicine and as a recreational drug. Our team is the face of Swedish cannabis movement.

Right now, we are in the middle of planning a trip to Amsterdam for the International Cannabis Day, 4/20. We're going there one week to film for the upcoming documentary "Mary & I", which we are going to release in 2018.

The thing is, we want to contact cannabis related media/entertainment/shows in The Netherlands, to make some interviews and perhaps appear on, but we don't know about many because we are Swedish and not familiar with the media/entertainment in your country. We also want to interview teachers, the police, politicians etc regarding the topic. We will also be visiting coffeeshops, companies, events to find material for the documentary.

So my question is, can someone help us by providing information about what places we should go to, coffeeshops, companies, what media should we contact, are there any events taking place in Amsterdam around 4/20 that we should visit etc?

Links and tips to websites are very appreciated. All info is good info!

Thanks for all the help and we are waiting for all info that you got.

Sincerely,

Toni Vaux
Guerilla Tactics Entertainment
Sales & Marketing Executive

Fat_old_dwarf

Re: The cannabis documentary "Mary & I" travels to Amsterdam, 4/20-17!

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

You're leaving it a bit late, aren't you? 4/20 is primarily an American thing - you can tell from the screwed-up date/month order. On this board there are plenty of people from various countries planning to go to Amsterdam around that time to celebrate, and you'd probably have a blast if you joined them, but it's not really the thing you're looking for.

There is an event in the Netherlands called Cannabis Bevrijdingsdag. This year it's 11 June. They have a FB page, so I'd suggest you get in touch with them: https://www.facebook.com/events/164463240641535/.

Nol van Schaik, who owns several coffeeshops in Haarlem, is a longtime legalisation activist, so he might provide more insight into history, etc. than the average bullshitter. Having said that, I've never met him. Anyway, he's on FB as well.