Places To Avoid

Papi

Places To Avoid

Post by Papi »

I decided to write a short list of places to avoid for various reasons: them being simply tourist traps, overcharging on membership fees and gear being overpriced as fuck.
If you come across any place like this, simply write up a review and i'll add it here or copy your review in here to make things easier.

1. Dam Square (review by SnC)

Address: Carrer Mare de Deu del Pilar, 26, 08003 Barcelona (Catalunya)

Opening times: 12-24

First things first.....there is a lane/alleyway before the one this club is on, go down that lane and visit Alcatraz club instead! Much much better club!

Dam Square.....an absolute tourist trap without question!!
They will literally take you off the street for sign up...membership is usual €20 for a year but.....prices are a flat rate of €20 per pre weighed bag that ranges in weight between 1.2g up to 1.6g depending on the strain.

Quality was actually pretty decent but way overpriced it's not much of a nice chill out place either being pretty basic in decor and lacking any atmosphere.

Much better clubs to spend your money in..avoid this place at all costs!

2. Remedy

Carrer Nou de Sant Francesc, 32
08002 Barcelona, Spain

Open: daily 12:00-00:00

One of my friends put it very simply: I go to Remedy, i feel like in Dubai, not in Barcelona. Touristy as fuck, this club is part of 99% packets offered by promoters (5 clubs for 30e and such), easy to get in there, prices are more like in Barney's than in Barcelona. Never went inside, only had a chance to be at the reception while using of those services. Rude staff as well, leg it as soon as you see the sign Remedy. And they were so desperate to gain new members during Spannabis that their promoters were handling fuckload of weed to some ppl. Most of it, pretty unsmokable. You be the judge.

3. Zen Club

address: Rambla de Catalunya, 2, 08007 Barcelona,

opening hours: who the fuck cares

Close to ramblas, touristy as fuck, promoters trying to get you inside as you're walking down the Ramblas. Not very good, lack of vibe. 30 e membership with not so good gear is not very welcoming thing.

4. HQ (HempQuarters)

Adress: Carrer d'Enric Granados, 65, 08008 Barcelona,

Opening hrs: 11-23:45

Despite being one of the top hyped clubs in Barcelona with many positive reviews, i just can't see anything special in there. Sure, the place is very hip, modern and huuuuuuuuuuge, they have e-nails at the big table ready to use, their gear is not that pricey as many people tend to claim. But it just lacks the proper vibe, it's too artificial and the crew usually chilling there isn't one of my favourites (same Dubai thingy as with Remedy). But there is one thing that just settles it,
50 euro membership for one year or 30e membership for 3 months .
That makes me say a big "fuck you" to HQ, for 50e/year, couple months ago, you could've gotten membership at The Backyard, with 45e to spend. Not very convincing is it?

Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
stonerdav

Re: Places To Avoid

Post by stonerdav »

Yeah i also joined HQ when it used to be 20 for the year and took 2 folk along and they got charged 100.
Next time i went back i got charged 10euro or 3 months then 3rd time i had to renew i gave them me nie number and was 20 for the year i think it was.
Also think the pricing is different for different members ?
Probably depends on how much you buy i dont know?
Snoppy

Re: Places To Avoid

Post by Snoppy »

Dam Square is really a tourist trap :( Really expansive (and not tasty) concentrates :?